Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Forest Green Rovers | Match Preview | Tuesday 13 September 2022

Comments

• Options
    Sadly can't be there because £32.
  • Options
    SOTF said:
    First game back at The Valley for over 3 years tomorrow after a series of unfortunate events.

Nailed on for a 0-0 draw and to pour down with rain.
    I like your optimism. Enjoy the game, then decide if you should give it another 3 years.
  • Options
    Congratulations to the Fraser family. Scott will be a miss tonight I would imagine, but we have strength in depth in that position. I can see Ben changing the personnel up a bit tonight (after the last performance) and am hoping to see:

JW

SC TT OO’C SS

CM GD JP

JRS  JS  CBT

bench: CMcG, SL, CC, AM, CA, ML, CK

COYRs…!
  • Options
    It`s the hope that kills you as a Charlton fan.

If we are nowhere at Christmas and again being served up regular disappointing performances, like last season, I will seriously consider giving up my sport and change it for lesbian mud-wrestling. 
    Where is it on? Asking for a friend
    I`ll tell you at Christmas so you can inform your friend.
    His friend is Santa?
  • Options
    Congratulations to the Fraser family. Scott will be a miss tonight I would imagine, but we have strength in depth in that position. I can see Ben changing the personnel up a bit tonight (after the last performance) and am hoping to see:

JW

SC TT OO’C SS

CM GD JP

JRS  JS  CBT

bench: CMcG, SL, CC, AM, CA, ML, CK

COYRs…!
    Yes, congrats to the Fraser family on the birth of baby Monday. 

What an unusual name too ! 
  • Options
    3-0 win and back on track, fingers crossed.
  • Options

If we are nowhere at Christmas and again being served up regular disappointing performances, like last season, I will seriously consider giving up my sport and change it for lesbian mud-wrestling. 
    Watching it or playing it? 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    We should win this.  They’ve not had the greatest starts, and we should have enough to get the win.  It’s a big test.  Stockley needs a goal from open play, and the players need to show the Plymouth game was a one off.  Taking into account the win against Derby, you can’t say we’ve played particularly well so far this season.  Some okay results, but Plymouth aside, I’ve not seen anything to excite me.

Ironically one of the games we lost was one of our best performances. Away at Wednesday. 
    Home v. QPR was good too. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    why shouldn't Fraser play, after all it was his wife that gave birth not him?
    Paternity Leave cant be refused by UK law so far as I understand, provided that adequate notice has been given to the Employer - A Footballer, and a comms Manager within a club should have the same rights.

The last point isn't a dig, I just wanted to point out that we as fans cant be up in arms with how background Employees are treated, if we're happy for certain rights to be ignored for players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    There must be a way to stop the illegal streaming - it’s gonna kill football - can’t be that difficult for the clubs to get together and stop it surely ? The cameras are at their grounds and so are the cables - a bit basic o know but surely they can dictate where the pictures end up ???
    Hardly. Once it’s out there, it’s out there. 
  • Options
    Paternity Leave cant be refused by UK law so far as I understand, provided that adequate notice has been given to the Employer - A Footballer, and a comms Manager within a club should have the same rights.

The last point isn't a dig, I just wanted to point out that we as fans cant be up in arms with how background Employees are treated, if we're happy for certain rights to be ignored for players.

As footballers are technically fixed-term contractors, I actually don't think they do get paid paternity leave.
  • Options

At the moment. 

There’s a chance that Scott might want to play. So long as mum and baby were ok I’d probably want to, in his shoes. 
  • Options

As footballers are technically fixed-term contractors, I actually don't think they do get paid paternity leave.
    Disappointing if that's the case really.

Regardless I'd be shocked if a Footballer did take their two weeks paternity, and wouldnt be surprised to see Scott involved tonight - They're a funny breed, and always seem terrified (some cases rightfully so) that missing a single game could effect their entire career.
  • Options
    this
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Some things in life are more important. Fraser's choice but won't hold it against him if he decides to stay with the mother and new born.
    In the top trumps of life football loses over family.
  • Options
    Surely Fraser should play as long as mother and baby are both fine?

My guess is that he'll be keen to - he's playing well at the moment and scoring
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I think, and hope, as he has been getting better and better each game for me - that Fraser will play.

If not, perfect opportunity for JP/CM to stamp a place. 
  • Options
    Footballers aren't like people in other professions though, they get plenty of time off during the week. I'm not aware of any player missing a game through paternity leave.

Indeed I expect Fraser to score tonight, and everyone to do the Bebeto celebration!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

At the moment. 

There’s a chance that Scott might want to play. So long as mum and baby were ok I’d probably want to, in his shoes. 
    Same here. One area where we have options is midfield so if you have the shirt you want to keep it. I think he will play. It is if his wife had gone into labour where he wouldn;t.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fraser will play surely - unless he's missed important training sessions over the past few days.
    As others have said, this has the feeling of a 'must-win' game - but I'm pretty confident we will win it.
  • Options
    Fraser will play surely - unless he's missed important training sessions over the past few days.
    As others have said, this has the feeling of a 'must-win' game - but I'm pretty confident we will win it.
    agreed - unless there has been complications, which there doesn't seem to have been, you'd think he'd play - hope he does, i think he's one with a bit of class but needs to be fully fit and at it so doubt a break will help him or us
  • Options
    Hard fought 0-0 relegation battle.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Watching it or playing it? 
    Still thinking about it.
  • Options
    Fraser might have been up for hours with the labour and birth, possibly with little to no sleep in that time, who knows if he is in a physical state to play, never mind mental/emotional. I imagine it will come down to whether Scott feels fresh enough.

I'd rather have a player capable of giving a 100% on the day than a player who is physically or mentally compromised to only give 70%.  I won't hold it against him if he can't give his best today given the situation.
    All true. But with a newborn he might not be getting a decent night's kip for the next 18 years, so he'll have to play at some point!
  • Options
    He posted the photo mid afternoon yesterday, so it shouldn't affect him tonight
  • Options
    Some things in life are more important. Fraser's choice but won't hold it against him if he decides to stay with the mother and new born.
    In the top trumps of life football loses over family.
    Following on from that logic we should change the wording of the song "Charlton til I die" to "Charlton til .... family demand they come first ...drop everything and ...then ...Charlton til I die". 

Nope ~ Charlton first. 
  • Options
    Ben's ticka tacka 2 v The Vegans 0. Stockley to score twice to silence his detractors.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!