Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Saturday 17 September 2022 3:00PM

Comments

• Options
    Great we have to listen to fucking Captain Pugwash
  • Options
    Clayden gives it away. Ambles back. 1-0 Fleetwood.
  • Options
    Looks like a relegation battle this season.
  • Options
    Has anybody mention we need a left back.
  • Options
    bleeeurggghh 2 points from relegation spots, what a joke
  • Options
    F!@£ing Callum??
  • Options
    Dobson not covering himself in glory there either tbh
  • Options
    Just so poor.

Feels like every goal we concede is the same. Lose the ball, transition of play, they get a ball out wide, cross it in along the floor, goal. 
  • Options
    Urgh. Games like this and Accrington are always horrible 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Clayden once again.

The problem with not having two senior left backs.
    There is one on the bench who has been with us a month. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the way we are playing can't see us scoring
  • Options
    Clayden cock up gives the ball away, two passes later it's 1-0 FFS Charlton this is bloody dire stuff sharpen up 
  • Options
    Sigh
  • Options

30' The deadlock is broken and it's Morton who does it. Macadam played a cross in, which Batty just missed, but the number 10 was there to fire home in the middle!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Clayden once again.

The problem with not having two senior left backs.
    There is one on the bench who has been with us a month. 
    Egbo is a Right-Back, but he can play Left-Back as shown in pre-season, so wont be surprised if he replaces Clayden at some stage in the second half rather than Sean Clare
  • Options
    God I hate league one.
    I bet you hate it even more now :-)
  • Options
    We always have a hard time against these Codeaters
  • Options
    We are shite 
  • Options
    Cod 1 Haddock 0
  • Options
    The pressure starts to mount on Garner, the real problem though is TS demanding a high press game and failing to provide the funds to buy players suited to that system. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We don't travel well .
  • Options
    Oh how I've missed 3-5-2. 
  • Options
    WTF  was that pass from Clayden to set up their goal 🤬
  • Options
    Architects of our own downfall again. Going backwards as a team at the moment. Early season we seemed to be applying Garner’s principles and just lacked that cutting edge. Our defending was always suspect but we were able to dominate possession and minimize the defending we needed to do. The cutting edge is still absent but our ball retention is getting worse and our defence is being asked to rescue us too often.

Top half looks a stretch right now, let alone top 6. 
  • Options
    It would help if we got the ball to the feet of our better players more...Fraser, Payne, CBT largely being ignored. It shows,.badly. 
  • Options
    Gills 0 Mansfield 2 Lapslie

• Options
    We always have a hard time against these Codeaters
    We have a hard time against almost everyone that's not Plymouth...

3 managers in a row had a fluke and the one before that got a game, and a goal out of Page against them.
  • Options
    How's "Garnerball" working these days?
  • Options
    Neither side has look good. They took their chance, we didn't.

I'm not sure what we're trying to change or improve with the 3-5-2. I'm guessing it's the hope of getting someone up alongside Stockley, but we've largely aimed long balls at him when he's had no on within 30 yards of him. We haven't looked particularly more solid defensively. We haven't had great luck with overlapping wingbacks. And we look to have lost some of our edge in the press and in possession in the middle of the park. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!