Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Saturday 17 September 2022 3:00PM

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    How's "Garnerball" working these days?
    Garner Balls ,that sounds better.
  • Options
    Have the players swapped football boots with each other for a laugh? Are their minds focused on the next round of the pizza cup?
  • Options
    352 just showing up how poor Stockley is and how unsuited to a front 2 JRS is
  • Options
    This is worse than under adkins. And let's be honest Clayden is a non league player
  • Options
    We can safely say we are actually worse than we were last season, I still don't think we are bad enough to go down, but we are just going nowhere. 
  • Options
    1. 39'

Post update

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• Options
    Anyone surprised a squad assembled to play 433 is struggling to play 352 away from home without their manager on the touchline?!
  • Options
    We seem to aim so many of our set pieces at the CB pealing away at the back. When was the last time that worked? I know we've had success with BFG and Inniss in the past, but it seems like it hasn't worked for years. We rarely seem to even win the first header.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Urgh. Games like this and Accrington are always horrible 
    Yeah but only because we aren’t good enough. When we’ve been good we win at places like this. 
    Feels like a long time since we’ve been good
  • Options
    JRS nicely on his way to being Charltonised 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 40'

Post update

Foul by Danny Andrew (Fleetwood Town).

2. 40'

Post update

Scott Fraser (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• Options
    CMON HE CANT BE ALLOWED TO TURN AND SHOOT IN OUR AREA THAT EASILY!!!!!!!
  • Options

41' Muskwe swivels and shoots over for the hosts. #ftfc 1 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Wonder what ticket price Leo Rifkind would put on this ? 
  • Options
    We’ve completely abandoned the principles that we saw earlier in the season. 
  • Options
    Well done CBT, good run and cross that Rak-Sakyi waits for but the 'keeper makes a catch
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Clayden once again.

The problem with not having two senior left backs.
    There is one on the bench who has been with us a month. 
    Egbo is a Right-Back, but he can play Left-Back as shown in pre-season, so wont be surprised if he replaces Clayden at some stage in the second half rather than Sean Clare
    I was talking about Terrel Thomas. 
    He's a Centre-Back - Right footed as well.

Oops. My bad.
  • Options
    Fleetwood are looking far more comfortable than us - we’re looking disjointed, making far too many unforced errors and are completely unable to cope with their press. Fleetwood are dominant in midfield and having a lot of joy down our left side.

it looks like it’s going to be another very long afternoon. We need to hang on until half time and regroup for the second half.
  • Options
    Only 1 team playing as a team and it isn't us - just like previous seasons under Adkins and JJ we look good for a few games then we get found out and then its downhill all the way 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Yeah you'll be pleased to know Golfie, we dont actually have a left footed LB in the entire team.

Not that Sessegnon has been bad in the role though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Being outplayed by Fleetwood.  The shrinking CAFC
  • Options
    352 just showing up how poor Stockley is and how unsuited to a front 2 JRS is
    It didnt work for the last 20 mins on tues night. JRS is much better out wide. 
  • Options
    1. 43'

Post update

Harvey Macadam (Fleetwood Town) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• Options
    Fleetwood are about four times as good as we are at the moment.
    I am cringing with embarrassment.
  • Options
    Only 1 team playing as a team and it isn't us - just like previous seasons under Adkins and JJ we look good for a few games then we get found out and then its downhill all the way 
    Half this side were recruited from league Two and it shows. 
  • Options
    We’ve completely abandoned the principles that we saw earlier in the season. 
    They've been abandoned because the players know that we cannot score and this system does utilise the players we have to alter that, confidence is starting to go. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Wonder what ticket price Leo Rifkind would put on this ? 

I think we should reverse the idea, have the fans get paid, on a sliding scale, on performance for having to watch this stuff.

This the flattest feeling I can remember at this stage of a season.
  • Options
    Tuesday was extremely disappointing, but we played very well for large stretches of that game, particularly in the first half. One GK mistake undid us, along with not getting the second when we were on top.

We look completely lost today. Our shape is poor, our transitions are poor, and we've been in bad in possession as we've ever been under Garner. This is like Bolton but worse, because with Bolton they are at least a good side who were playing well. Fleetwood are decent, but they've not played brilliantly. We've just been awful.

I would revert to 4-3-3 in the second half. Whatever we were trying to do with 3-5-2, whether it was nullify Clayden's weakness as a fullback or get someone up alongside Stockley, blatantly hasn't worked. I would consider Egbo and Leaburn off the bench sooner rather than later. Fraser has looked off the pace (understandable with the week he's had) so I'd look to bring Morgan on. And hopefully 4-3-3 gets more out of CBT and JRS than the nothing we've seen so far.
  • Options

45' Two minutes added on at the end of the first half.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!