Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Saturday 17 September 2022 3:00PM

Comments

• Options
    I might be grasping at straws here, but under Garner we haven’t had two awful halves yet, hopefully we can turn it around , got a funny feeling we just might 
  • Options
    Jeff Stelling just said Fleewood have not conceded a second half goal this season. 
    Fleetwood haven't conceded in the second half yet this season....... just saying.

• Options
    We're going to win 2-1 .
  • Options
    Have Fleetwood conceded in the second half this season?
  • Options
    It is like a team of Leadleys.
    There has to be a massive reaction second half, which Fleetwood will expect. Fleetwood are no mugs and won't roll over.

• Options
    Mcgrandles and Morgan need to come on in place of Dobson and ForeverAddickted said:
    The fault of this season lies firmly at Sandgaard's door. 

Any finger-pointing elsewhere misses the point entirely. Garner is managing with both arms tied behind his back. 

He has no fit strikers capable of playing football and his only depth is the under-21s. 
    Only thing I'd question (and its based off McGrandles' time with Charlton starting poorly) - But it does feel as though Garner had a say in the transfers, especially given the three ex-Swindon players brought in.

Why have we wasted time going after McGrandles instead of a Striker, Henry is one of the youngsters who has shown that he can step up, instead could argue we're a Striker short AND suffocating a youngster who perhaps could / should be involved - If not then we should have utilised Forster-Caskey early doors, instead of wasting time with a Midfielder we dont seem to need

Any finger-pointing elsewhere misses the point entirely. Garner is managing with both arms tied behind his back. 

He has no fit strikers capable of playing football and his only depth is the under-21s. 
    Only thing I'd question (and its based off McGrandles' time with Charlton starting poorly) - But it does feel as though Garner had a say in the transfers, especially given the three ex-Swindon players brought in.

Why have we wasted time going after McGrandles instead of a Striker, Henry is one of the youngsters who has shown that he can step up, instead could argue we're a Striker short AND suffocating a youngster who perhaps could / should be involved - If not then we should have utilised Forster-Caskey early doors, instead of wasting time with a Midfielder we dont seem to need

How much did we pay for McGrandles and how much would we have paid for a quality striker in this division, easy equation really 
  • Options
    Looks like we're being saved... Instead of watching the second half, we're gonna get to watch some fans face frozen on a Zoom call from Utah for 45mins
  • Options
    Sky Sports saying Fleetwood haven't conceded a second half goal this season.

No point coming out for the second half.
  • Options
    When all the players read any reasonable offer for them will be accepted TS must get money from somewhere!
    Supporting since 1986 worst team and manager in my opinion!
  • Options
    I've been reading stuff all season about our new style of football. I've assumed that I just don't understand things properly but, seriously, can someone explain to me how this is different from what we've seen for the last few seasons?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Egbo on for Clayden
  • Options
    Kicking with the wind. Will that help?
    Clutching at straws...?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    We don’t have a system that completely suits us.

Curbs calling for 4-3-3.
    Because we have the remains from Adkins, Jackson and a few bought for Garner. 

It's 3 different squads mashed into 1 and plays like it. 
    With the right striker we’d look a lot better in a 4-3-3, it’s only Stockley it doesn’t suit.
    Didn’t get much better last Tuesday though did it
    Because we had Leaburn in there instead of Stockley. Neither fit the system imo. 
  • Options
    If McGrandles is the answer, fuck knows what the question is...

Based on Tuesday night before anyone jumps in about giving him time etc etc.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Edit it was Egbo that came on.
  • Options

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    We don’t have a system that completely suits us.

Curbs calling for 4-3-3.
    Because we have the remains from Adkins, Jackson and a few bought for Garner. 

It's 3 different squads mashed into 1 and plays like it. 
    With the right striker we’d look a lot better in a 4-3-3, it’s only Stockley it doesn’t suit.
    Didn’t get much better last Tuesday though did it
    We didn’t have a better striker on Tuesday?
    “It’s only Stockley it doesn’t suit” is the part I was quipping on but somehow pointing out that this is all bollocks gets frowned upon
  • Options
    Christ, now we have a right sided midfielder playing left back!!
  • Options
    Mendez claiming we're back at 4-3-3 now
  • Options
    46' Back under way in Lancashire...
    One change for the Addicks.
     on Egbo
     off Clayden
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When all the players read any reasonable offer for them will be accepted TS must get money from somewhere!
    Supporting since 1986 worst team and manager in my opinion!
    Totally agree with the first half.  This is not Garner's fault, in any way.
  • Options
    CBT finally won the crossbar challenge!!!
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Christ, now we have a right sided midfielder playing left back!!
    Yup surprised to see Clare @ LB instead of Egbo
  • Options
    Instant improvement back to the 433, moved the ball well, cBT shoots and bar!
  • Options
    1. 46'

Post update

Attempt missed. Harvey Macadam (Fleetwood Town) header from the right side of the box misses to the right. Assisted by Danny Andrew.

• Options
    Garner must be sitting at home pulling out what hair he has left, this is seriously very disturbing stuff we are being dished up here, we are not a team we are a bunch of players who should be better than the sum of their parts on this showing.
    We need some big turn around to have any hope of getting anything from this game and ultimately the season...NOW FFS CHARLTON SHOW SOME GUTS AND FIGHT..
    Do me a favour, he’s smarter than that, I expect he’s live streaming the casket instead
  • Options

48' SO CLOSE! CBT beats his man and rifles against the woodwork. #ftfc 1 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Egbo on for Clayden
    A right back at left back. That will help then. 
  • Options
    Instant improvement back to the 433, moved the ball well, cBT shoots and bar!
    We must never play 3-5-2 again this season 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!