Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Saturday 17 September 2022 3:00PM

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Garner must be sitting at home pulling out what hair he has left, this is seriously very disturbing stuff we are being dished up here, we are not a team we are a bunch of players who should be better than the sum of their parts on this showing.
    We need some big turn around to have any hope of getting anything from this game and ultimately the season...NOW FFS CHARLTON SHOW SOME GUTS AND FIGHT..
    Do me a favour, he’s smarter than that, I expect he’s live streaming the casket instead
    Probably more signs of life in it tbf 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Scoham said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    We don’t have a system that completely suits us.

Curbs calling for 4-3-3.
    Because we have the remains from Adkins, Jackson and a few bought for Garner. 

It's 3 different squads mashed into 1 and plays like it. 
    With the right striker we’d look a lot better in a 4-3-3, it’s only Stockley it doesn’t suit.
    Didn’t get much better last Tuesday though did it
    We didn’t have a better striker on Tuesday?
    “It’s only Stockley it doesn’t suit” is the part I was quipping on but somehow pointing out that this is all bollocks gets frowned upon
    The right striker would score goals and make our pressing a lot more effective, that would build confidence and get results.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    I've been reading stuff all season about our new style of football. I've assumed that I just don't understand things properly but, seriously, can someone explain to me how this is different from what we've seen for the last few seasons?
    Keep up, its because Garner plays an exciting brand of possession based attacking football.

Stats from that half: 45% possession, 1 shot, 0 on target.
  • Options
    Egbo on for Clayden
    A right back at left back. That will help then. 
    Even better a right footed midfielder at left back!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Instant improvement back to the 433, moved the ball well, cBT shoots and bar!
    We must never play 3-5-2 again this season 

It's amazing what happens when you play your preferred formation and better players in their natural positions.
  • Options
    1. 48'

Post update

Callum Morton (Fleetwood Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 48'

Post update

Foul by Mandela Egbo (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Egbo on for Clayden
    A right back at left back. That will help then. 
    We dont have a left footed Left-Back in the whole squad ;)
  • Options
    Mr Rifkind I have used your 'ticket price relates to league position' equation, next home game is £10 entry for all and you owe the season ticket holders for the shit being served up. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Only 1 team playing as a team and it isn't us - just like previous seasons under Adkins and JJ we look good for a few games then we get found out and then its downhill all the way 
    Half this side were recruited from league Two and it shows. 
    Four players in this line up... CBT | Payne | O'Connell | Wollacott
    Four who haven't disgraced themselves tbh!
    Five i think.  we sign Lavelle from division 2 Morecombe./
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Leuth said:
    Only 1 team playing as a team and it isn't us - just like previous seasons under Adkins and JJ we look good for a few games then we get found out and then its downhill all the way 
    Nope... Lavelle had played five League One games before we signed him from Morecambe

We do now have five out there though, Egbo joins the other four I mentioned
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ, what has happened to JRS
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Scoham said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    We don’t have a system that completely suits us.

Curbs calling for 4-3-3.
    Because we have the remains from Adkins, Jackson and a few bought for Garner. 

It's 3 different squads mashed into 1 and plays like it. 
    With the right striker we’d look a lot better in a 4-3-3, it’s only Stockley it doesn’t suit.
    Didn’t get much better last Tuesday though did it
    We didn’t have a better striker on Tuesday?
    “It’s only Stockley it doesn’t suit” is the part I was quipping on but somehow pointing out that this is all bollocks gets frowned upon
    The right striker would score goals and make our pressing a lot more effective, that would build confidence and get results.
    Yes but surely then logic suggests getting that striker in first ahead of other positions/cover that would have mattered less like McStandstill or no-bloody-one or the excruciating tiresome experts excuse “play the winger up front”….there’s a reason he’s a winger (and a league one winger ffs)
  • Options
    Rak Sakyi always pushes the ball too far ahead on the dribble.
  • Options
    1. 53'

Post update

Joshua Earl (Fleetwood Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 53'

Post update

Foul by Scott Fraser (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Our decent GD helping us stay in 15th. Need to average over a point a game to keep safe.
  • Options
    Now would be a good time for stockley to cash in on his heading abilities.
  • Options
    Rak Sakyi's mongoose has gone

• Options
    Nadou said:
    I've been reading stuff all season about our new style of football. I've assumed that I just don't understand things properly but, seriously, can someone explain to me how this is different from what we've seen for the last few seasons?
    It's GaRnErBaLL
  • Options
    1. 55'

Post update

Daniel Batty (Fleetwood Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 53'

Post update

Joshua Earl (Fleetwood Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Ohhhh Egbo! Almost floated a cross into the net off the underside of the bar, bobbed along the line and stayed out.

Looking like a football team again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How has that stayed out... So unlucky
  • Options
    Clare having one of his half arsed games today. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    1. 55'

Post update

Daniel Batty (Fleetwood Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 55'

Post update

Foul by Sean Clare (Charlton Athletic).

Clare 5th yellow in league coming up
  • Options
    1. 57'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Jesurun Rak-Sakyi (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked.

• Options
    1. 57'

Post update

Corner, Fleetwood Town. Conceded by Eoghan O'Connell.

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Nope... Lavelle had played five League One games before we signed him from Morecambe

We do now have five out there though, Egbo joins the other four I mentioned
    So 5 players from league Two plus a couple of under 21s.
    Not exactly what is needed to get promoted. 
  • Options
    From that Egbo chance, why again is Rak-Sakyi trying to take on half the Fleetwood team, when Stockley was standing unmarked on the penalty spot!!!
  • Options
    Just not going to go in for us today is it.

Expect we won’t make this early attacking pay off, and then it will just slump into a turgid game.

Masters of our own demise. Same old story. 
  • Options
    Pompey and Ipswich are smashing this league, we are only 13 pts behind!
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    It's GaRnErBaLL
    To play high press you need to play three up top to stop the opposition defence getting out but by doing that you need to have at least two goalscorers in that front three and also they must be mobile, which Stockley isn't.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!