Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Saturday 17 September 2022 3:00PM

Comments

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Youth players forced into teams they aren't ready for and their mistakes cause us to lose games. 

When you're given a squad like this, what can you really expect from a season. 
    Spot on.
    100% Saandgard is an idiot, you cant just sign nobody in key positions (left back and striker) and think its ok we will just to stick with untired kids and we will be okay. It's the arrogance that has underpinned Sandgaards entire reign 
    It’ll be Martins idea to use the tired ones next…
  • Options
    Sadly it has lived up to my expectations this afternoon. It's getting worse isn't it. As bad as anything last season.
  • Options
    Wow. What a pile of crap that was. Something stinks at this club right now. Seriously losing interest. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Scoham said:
    We don’t have a system that completely suits us.

Curbs calling for 4-3-3.
    Because we have the remains from Adkins, Jackson and a few bought for Garner. 

It's 3 different squads mashed into 1 and plays like it. 
  • Options
    Anyone else fed up with the saying "should have"?

Seems to be applied to us a lot, we are a "should have" football club.

I think I am getting to the end of it now,  49 years after my first game.  Just bored and resigned to this shit.

A conveyor belt of shysters, tea leafs and odd balls have drained me.  TS does not have a plan, his ego has got in the way.

Shake it up Charlton.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    In the week, someone said on another thread we’d have been better off with Jacko.

This team is playing exactly the way we did at the end of last season under him.

One impressive run from Clayden aside, there has been basically nothing positive about this 45 minutes of football.
    Maybe because the players at the end of last season knew he and a lot of them were on the way out. You'd be better off making a comparison with Adkins because he was told what system to play and was short changed in the transfer market. TS and his son think they are smart, anyone who makes the same mistake twice is anything but smart. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Curbs calling for 4-3-3.

With the right striker we’d look a lot better in a 4-3-3, it’s only Stockley it doesn’t suit.
  • Options
    If we go down this season is this team strong enough to get back up? 
  • Options
    Done well to get to HT only 1 down to be fair
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Curbs calling for 4-3-3.
    I agree. Against Bolton and Forest Green we should have matched them earlier, and gone 3-5-2, the moment it was obvious they were exploiting our flanks with ease.

Here it just feels wasted. Especially for JRS who needs the ball at his feet and players to run at, not feeding off flick ons and scraps.
  • Options
    Depressing.

Since Plymouth we have got worse each game, and we are now starting to look like the same team making the same mistakes which we have done over the last couple of seasons. 
    We played well against Plymouth but the final score was skewed by the sending off.
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    If we go down this season is this team strong enough to get back up? 
    We wouldn’t have this squad, the likes of Clare and Dobson would move on.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    YES!! Half time!

ZERO quality half from both sides, 352 doesn't look good players seem lost, change it back to 433 and get the ball to Fraser/ Payne more, too many long balls up to stockley who started well but faded.  Fleetwood looked pretty comfortable going into the end of the half. 
    Don't see us scoring without a change up.

It's been pretty dire, Garner probably switched off after 20 minutes.
  • Options
    That was rubbish 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Curbs calling for 4-3-3.

With the right striker we’d look a lot better in a 4-3-3, it’s only Stockley it doesn’t suit.
    Didn’t get much better last Tuesday though did it
  • Options
    Absolutely woeful. No urgency at all. Standing off them and letting them pass round us. Defensive mess again. Is that 4 goals in the last 2 away games that Claydon has been directly been involved in?

Starting to wonder how happy this camp is? The players look like they literally want to be anywhere but playing this game.

Desperately need Sessengnon back.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    The fault of this season lies firmly at Sandgaard's door. 

Any finger-pointing elsewhere misses the point entirely. Garner is managing with both arms tied behind his back. 

He has no fit strikers capable of playing football and his only depth is the under-21s. 
    Only thing I'd question (and its based off McGrandles' time with Charlton starting poorly) - But it does feel as though Garner had a say in the transfers, especially given the three ex-Swindon players brought in.

Why have we wasted time going after McGrandles instead of a Striker, Henry is one of the youngsters who has shown that he can step up, instead could argue we're a Striker short AND suffocating a youngster who perhaps could / should be involved - If not then we should have utilised Forster-Caskey early doors, instead of wasting time with a Midfielder we dont seem to need
  • Options
    Haven’t we improved every game after booing at half time? A Golfie incoming.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Curbs calling for 4-3-3.

Exactly. We did well to clear out the Bowyer and some of the Adkins signings this summer. But when you're having to tear down squads you've built in the last couple of years (with decent money), and rebuild them while trying to reduce losses...it's not going to end well, is it?

And here we are. JRS up front. Clayden at LWB. CBT at RWB. No mobile CB except Clare, who did well last season but faded.
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say: total crap?

Apparently not. 
  • Options
    Isn’t Thomas there milking the crowd again?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Curbs calling for 4-3-3.

Didn’t get much better last Tuesday though did it
    We didn’t have a better striker on Tuesday?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Isn’t Thomas there milking the crowd again?
    If he is, I hope he's warmed his hands....

I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Garner must be sitting at home pulling out what hair he has left, this is seriously very disturbing stuff we are being dished up here, we are not a team we are a bunch of players who should be better than the sum of their parts on this showing.
    We need some big turn around to have any hope of getting anything from this game and ultimately the season...NOW FFS CHARLTON SHOW SOME GUTS AND FIGHT..
  • Options
    Definitely feels like watching a JJ performance. Sitting back, no press, people playing through us with ease. 

Feel like the team's confidence has taken a knock since Garner said they'd be overachieving to make the play-offs. That coupled with no extra help coming in the transfer window has seen them completely lose it. Now they look like they don't know what they're doing out there.

Just so tired of all this. I don't know how much more shite I can endure.
  • Options
    Jeff Stelling just said Fleewood have not conceded a second half goal this season. 
  • Options
    Fleetwood haven't conceded in the second half yet this season....... just saying.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Depressing.

Since Plymouth we have got worse each game, and we are now starting to look like the same team making the same mistakes which we have done over the last couple of seasons. 
    We played well against Plymouth but the final score was skewed by the sending off.
    We played well against Plymouth for half an hour, then they went to 10 so all bets are off from then.
    Plymouth came back from 2 down to win the other week, so I think we can read nothing from the Plymouth game.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!