Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Saturday 17 September 2022 3:00PM

Comments

• Options
    1. 58'

Post update

Attempt saved. Daniel Batty (Fleetwood Town) right footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the bottom right corner.

• Options

58' Claims for handball inside the Charlton penalty area are waved away by the officials.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Nadou said:
    I've been reading stuff all season about our new style of football. I've assumed that I just don't understand things properly but, seriously, can someone explain to me how this is different from what we've seen for the last few seasons?
    It's GaRnErBaLL
    To play high press you need to play three up top to stop the opposition defence getting out but by doing that you need to have at least two goalscorers in that front three and also they must be mobile, which Stockley isn't.
    Okay so recognise you can’t do that then and then try and work out some old shite that this old shite might be able to play as this dead horse is really really fucking flogged now….
  • Options
    Lucky there, ball didn't quite fall for Fleetwood otherwise could easily have been 2-0 down.

• Options
    Wombles 1-1
  • Options
    1. 62'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Aristote Nsiala.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    At least we are showing a bit of a fight second half, couple of chances off the woodwork, seeing more of CBT..
  • Options
    Pompey and Ipswich are smashing this league, we are only 13 pts behind!
    And 2 points above the relegation zone
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Two of our three first choice fullbacks are now fit and we have Sean Clare playing LB. I said it while the window was open and I will say it again: at CB we have Deji and Ness who are relatively highly rated and look raw but promising. At LB, we have Sess and then Clayden, who is a slight winger/wingback. Why is a CB a priority over a LB? And that's not to mention that we had Thomas training with us, so if we needed CB depth, sign him and look to bring in a LB from outside the team.

I understand why Garner has deployed Clare at LB. He doesn't bomb on or overlap when at RB, he instead likes to step into midfield but invert (almost like another central midfielder). So having him and JRS cutting in on the right makes us very narrow. Playing Clare on the left with CBT means Clare can invert and come inside with CBT starting from a position hugging the left touchline. It means that Egbo, a more attacking fullback, can overlap and provide width on the right.

But the larger point is, we left this squad short of two players, and we're paying for it.

Without width Stockley is being taken out of the game, look how Derby made the pitch big at the Valley. Spot on SD
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Much better half, no idea what we were doing first half.

Much more drilled in this system,
  • Options
    Pompey and Ipswich are smashing this league, we are only 13 pts behind!
    It's all those league 2 players they signed. 
  • Options
    Good from Egbo. You can see why he's the RB, nice to see JRS coming inside and having a player on the overlap so that teams can't just double and triple up on him so easily.

Today has been shit, but having Egbo and hopefully Sess back soon is a boost.
  • Options
    Miiiiiilllllllwwwwaaaaaaalllllll
  • Options
    Much better with Egbo on instead of Clayden
  • Options
    We take Swindons best players, and yet they are on a good run
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    sam3110 said:
    Anyone surprised a squad assembled to play 433 is struggling to play 352 away from home without their manager on the touchline?!
    Except it wasn't or we would have had a mobile striker to fit the 433
    If it wasn't assembled to play 433 then why the feck have we started in that formation all season?
  • Options
    1. 65'

Post update

Attempt saved. Mandela Egbo (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Jesurun Rak-Sakyi.

• Options
    We look much more comfortable, the obvious flaws are still there, final ball, decesion making around the box etc. but, at least we look like we could actually do something this half. 
  • Options
    Deji Oshilaha scores for Burton :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

66' Fleetwood go close at the other end through Morton, who shoots just wide of the post. #ftfc 1 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Good job we didn't get Jack Diamond on loan 👀👀
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Southbank said:
    sam3110 said:
    Anyone surprised a squad assembled to play 433 is struggling to play 352 away from home without their manager on the touchline?!
    Except it wasn't or we would have had a mobile striker to fit the 433
    If it wasn't assembled to play 433 then why the feck have we started in that formation all season?

• Options
    1. 67'

Post update

Foul by Harvey Macadam (Fleetwood Town).

2. 67'

Post update

Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He isnt a Striker either though
  • Options

68' Horrible collision with a post in the stand by Morton, after what seemed to be a slight nudge from the full back - hope he's alright. (1-0) #OnwardTogether
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He isnt a Striker either though
    No but he can actually score goals...
  • Options
    Would have been good to have been able to bring Kirk on in this game in the final 20 mins
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Nadou said:
    I've been reading stuff all season about our new style of football. I've assumed that I just don't understand things properly but, seriously, can someone explain to me how this is different from what we've seen for the last few seasons?
    Keep up, its because Garner plays an exciting brand of possession based attacking football.

Stats from that half: 45% possession, 1 shot, 0 on target.
    Ah that explains it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!