Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Can somebody give me a long list of players who don't score many in their career and suddenly start getting loads? That is why you have to question professionals who don't understand that. At least Payne has scored but he is one of the players who can on his CV. And Morgan who never will starts ahead of him. 
    Me, as soon as I dropped down 7 divisions I was banging them in  :D
  • Options
    The reds are going up, the reds are going up 
    Barnsley ?
  • Options
    Cross from the left, Leaburn gets into a bit of a tangle on the far corner of the box, but the ball goes out.
  • Options
    Sandgaard will soon be realising what a fool he's been by not buying a striker. 

More likely realising what a fool he's been buying Charlton
  • Options
    Stockley and Kirk trying to get the YMCA started after Clare's failed (difficult) cross.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Turned off at 3 (Goals, not PM). Annoyingly I thought we were the better side for most part up to then.   
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Anyone want to blame that goal on the owner or the formation, or Stockley?

Truth is this team are fucking dogshit. Where's the heart and the desire. 
    Is the owner not responsible for the team being dogshit then? 
    Or the manager?
    Yes manager takes some responsibility but do you not think he wanted a left back, centre back and striker? Because he’s been quite clear on that 
  • Options
    Sangaard vindicated!  We CAN score...
  • Options
    Bah. Morgan overhits his pass, Clare can just keep it in by the conrner flag but can't get a decent cross in as a result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Can somebody give me a long list of players who don't score many in their career and suddenly start getting loads? That is why you have to question professionals who don't understand that. At least Payne has scored but he is one of the players who can on his CV. And Morgan who never will starts ahead of him. 
    Me, as soon as I dropped down 7 divisions I was banging them in  :D
    Morgan would get a few in Sunday League. We should give up on the bloke and get every goal we can in the side and we don't have much in that respect.
  • Options
    If Stockley spent as much energy trying to score as he does waving his feckin arms about he'd be world class. 
  • Options
    Can stop having our chairman deciding how we should be playing and appoint manager who can play how he wants to?
  • Options
    How do we get Kirk, CBT, JSR, Payne and Leaburn into the same team?  That's the only way I can see us scoring anywhere near enough goals.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    How does Morgan get in this team and JFC can’t? 
    Garner knows best…..
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    If Stockley spent as much energy trying to score as he does waving his feckin arms about he'd be world class. 
    I’d be waving my arms as well if I was him.
    What chance has he actually got? 
  • Options
    Kirk and McGrandles try to combine down the left, ball comes back central and we get the ball to Clare in the area, and the lino flags for something and they have a free kick.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    No manager should be judged until 10 games; that in about 7 minutes ! 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Bah. Morgan overhits his pass, Clare can just keep it in by the conrner flag but can't get a decent cross in as a result.
    Might aswell have that line copied and ready to paste going forward Al
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Payne nutmegs his man, tries to send Kirk down the left but can't quite reach him. Barnsley down the other end and have a throw level with our area.
  • Options
    7 minutes added on. Enough time for the quadruple Golfie.
  • Options
    The thing that worries me the most is that I don't think this is our worst team performance of the season. We were worse first half against Derby and first half last week. This team van, and has, played a lot better, but they've also played worse.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Rob7Lee said:
    SDAddick said:
    Short of getting on the pitch and playing himself, not sure what people expect of Garner.
    Better defensive organization, particularly when we're defending in our own third.

Better defending in transition, this has been a problem all season. 

Working on delivery and final balls.

Garner has work to do. That being said, Garner is not the biggest problem here. We have Stockley up front. We have a CM converted to RB playing LB. We have Lavelle at CB. And our only striker on the bench is 18. We should definitely be doing better with this squad, but this squad also has shortcomings. 
    I don't honestly think we should when our only goal threat is Shockley and an all be it, promising, 18 year old.

Garner isn't the problem, just like Jackson wasn't last year, the problem is poor recruitment/lack of recruitment.
    It's the lack of ANY joined  up thinking from top to bottom at our club.

Loads of dosh spent on things that could have waited as well as nonsensical decisions , with Chuks contract just the tip of the iceberg.

Any football owner worth his salt would have ensured that the bones of his /her club were securely in place before looking at grandiose gestures which are two a penny from this so called successful business man.

And to fail in strengthening the squad before the window closed is nothing but criminal.

As long as he's at the helm nothing will change.

I'm not even sure we'll have what it takes to stay in this division.
    TS will not go now, but he can get rid of Garner. With Garner at the helm, we will do nothing 
  • Options
    Kirk wins the ball back, O'Connell sends the ball forward, and one of their defenders is claiming Leaburn elbowed him in the throat. 7 mins added time.
  • Options
    JFC has to force his way in. A threat from free kicks too in a team that doesn't score goals.
  • Options
    Christ Albie.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    So shite Albie
  • Options
    Get Morgan off - I would rather play with 10 
  • Options
    Morgan….class act
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!