Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022
    What happened to August's Albie Morgan?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Oh piss off Albie. I have had enough of your utter mediocrity.
  • Options
    Great bit of work from Leaburn to retain possession on the halfway line we get the ball wide to Morgan on the right, but his cross sails over the bar.
  • Options
    Morgan being Morgan. 
  • Options
    JFC has to force his way in. A threat from free kicks too in a team that doesn't score goals.
    Bit more composure than Morgan too
  • Options
    Morgan is awful - how does he play week in , week out
  • Options
    Ffs Morgan!!!!
  • Options
    Kids are hogging screen with Zombies movie so no watch.
    A description of the visual please..?
    In one word...?

Or less...?
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    What’s Lee Bowyer up to these days?

Good call - at least he is able to inspire average players, unlike Garner who thinks is is the next Guardiola!
    he had a much better squad to be fair
  • Options
    Is garner the emperors new clothes 
    I haven’t seen as much as most but it’s generally the same pony as previous years 
    proper guffingtons

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    WTF was that Morgan 
  • Options
    So sorry for the 500-600 that had a crap journey to see a crap performance.
    Those players wearing our shirt today should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    SDAddick said:
    The thing that worries me the most is that I don't think this is our worst team performance of the season. We were worse first half against Derby and first half last week. This team van, and has, played a lot better, but they've also played worse.
    Exactly this for me. Playing neither great nor bad but losing 3-1
  • Options
    Not watched today but I'd love to know how JFC is behind almost all of this lot in midfield. Fucking joke
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    SDAddick said:
    The thing that worries me the most is that I don't think this is our worst team performance of the season. We were worse first half against Derby and first half last week. This team van, and has, played a lot better, but they've also played worse.
    Exactly this for me. Playing neither great nor bad but losing 3-0. 
    3-1 tbf
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    BigDiddy said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    SDAddick said:
    Short of getting on the pitch and playing himself, not sure what people expect of Garner.
    Better defensive organization, particularly when we're defending in our own third.

Better defending in transition, this has been a problem all season. 

Working on delivery and final balls.

Garner has work to do. That being said, Garner is not the biggest problem here. We have Stockley up front. We have a CM converted to RB playing LB. We have Lavelle at CB. And our only striker on the bench is 18. We should definitely be doing better with this squad, but this squad also has shortcomings. 
    I don't honestly think we should when our only goal threat is Shockley and an all be it, promising, 18 year old.

Garner isn't the problem, just like Jackson wasn't last year, the problem is poor recruitment/lack of recruitment.
    It's the lack of ANY joined  up thinking from top to bottom at our club.

Loads of dosh spent on things that could have waited as well as nonsensical decisions , with Chuks contract just the tip of the iceberg.

Any football owner worth his salt would have ensured that the bones of his /her club were securely in place before looking at grandiose gestures which are two a penny from this so called successful business man.

And to fail in strengthening the squad before the window closed is nothing but criminal.

As long as he's at the helm nothing will change.

I'm not even sure we'll have what it takes to stay in this division.
    We've had four managers in just under two years. Between them, they've had at least four different styles of playing (Bowyer was all over the place at the end). We haven't had sustained success with any of them. Pretty much every player bar Albie Morgan has changed in that time as well. 

That is a very strong indicator that the issue isn't with the manager.
  • Options
    Payne attempts a ball forward to Leaburn, cleared wide to Clare, but it's out for a Barnsley throw. Another Barnsley player down this time with cramp.
  • Options
    Sandgaard will soon be realising what a fool he's been by not buying a striker. 

More likely realising what a fool he's been buying Charlton
    Or what a fool for thinking he can run a football club…wether it was us or another club,lost complete hope in him turning this around now…the good ship of Cafc is sinking…
  • Options
    Nice sliding challenge from Clare, and Payne is fouled by the touchline and we have a free kick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kids are hogging screen with Zombies movie so no watch.
    A description of the visual please..?
    In one word...?

Or less...?
    SHIT
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Louis.. its not almost like a consolation goal,  it is a consolation goal. 
  • Options
    Sessegnon into Payne, back to Sessegnon and wide to Clare, who tries to cross and it's a Charlton corner from teh right.
  • Options
    in fairness if Stockley was 47 feet tall, Morgan’s crosses wouldn’t look so bad
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    BigDiddy said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    SDAddick said:
    Short of getting on the pitch and playing himself, not sure what people expect of Garner.
    Better defensive organization, particularly when we're defending in our own third.

Garner has work to do. That being said, Garner is not the biggest problem here. We have Stockley up front. We have a CM converted to RB playing LB. We have Lavelle at CB. And our only striker on the bench is 18. We should definitely be doing better with this squad, but this squad also has shortcomings. 
    I don't honestly think we should when our only goal threat is Shockley and an all be it, promising, 18 year old.

Garner isn't the problem, just like Jackson wasn't last year, the problem is poor recruitment/lack of recruitment.

Loads of dosh spent on things that could have waited as well as nonsensical decisions , with Chuks contract just the tip of the iceberg.

Any football owner worth his salt would have ensured that the bones of his /her club were securely in place before looking at grandiose gestures which are two a penny from this so called successful business man.

And to fail in strengthening the squad before the window closed is nothing but criminal.

Rob7Lee said:
    SDAddick said:

TS will not go now, but he can get rid of Garner. With Garner at the helm, we will do nothing 
    We've had four managers in just under two years. Between them, they've had at least four different styles of playing (Bowyer was all over the place at the end). We haven't had sustained success with any of them. Pretty much every player bar Albie Morgan has changed in that time as well. 

That is a very strong indicator that the issue isn't with the manager.
    Yet every single play has been signed, or resigned, to play 433.  That says how bad our recruitment has been.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    What happened in August's Albie Morgan?
    The question with him always has been "can he sustain it?" Can he sustain it over the entire 90 minutes? I think he did a couple of times this season. Can he sustain it for four or five games on the trot...no.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    How does Morgan get in this team and JFC can’t? 
    Are you unaware that, as in just about everything TS is involved in, it's about saving money.

JFC plays in a league match , something in his contract is triggered , which, I believe means his wages increase.
  • Options
    Stick Morgan up front, with a bit of luck there won't be enough distance for his shots to be lifted over the bar...

Used to do that when someone was generally useless, partly to do the least damage, and partly because they couldn't be as bad as our strikers (says the man who used to only be picked for kicks abouts  afterthe jumpers).
  • Options
    Amongst a litany of other problems, so many of our crosses today have been decent balls into areas where we have no attackers. THAT is something Garner needs to work on.
  • Options
    Stockley even heading it miles over.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!