Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 1st October 2022 - 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Payne is crap
    Having him on the pitch with Fraser is like the Gerrard | Lampard debate for England - They get in each others way, and Fraser (the better player for me) suffers for it
    Looks promising on the ball until he has to pass it.
  • Options
    This is probably our strongest team on paper. 
    And we are fucking useless. 
    Relegation is definitely not out of the question. 
    As it stands, we are two points above the drop zone
  • Options
    I thought that Fraser was clearly one of the best players in this league? 
  • Options
    Sessegnon looks to be avoiding so many 1vs1's
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2022
    The lack of attacking threat in this team and formation is shocking. No urgency, or belief. Stockley completely isolated. Egbo looks ok. A not fit looking Sessignon, looks like he could be ok (in a different position).
    The midfield is being dominated by a not much more than competent, organised, Oxford team.
    Jack Payne - looking like a poor man's Nicky Bailey without the flashy goals and Hollywood passing.
    I can see Garner being blamed and hung out to dry by TS. Its difficult to see where a win is coming from. Matin Sandgaard incoming, would be unsurprising. Desperate times.
  • Options
    HT0-1
  • Options
    Booed off at HT
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Everyone we sign gets that tag, they all turn out to be dog shite.
  • Options
    So poor. Disjointed in possession. Passes under hit and over hit. Everyone’s first touch is like they’ve been out on the piss last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Come on now... Charltonisation.
  • Options
    2 really crap league 1 teams, playing a really crap league 1 game. They've just been slightly less crap
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Oakster2 said:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our best hope of scoring at this rate is one of the Oxford players inexplicably turning around and punting it into their own net for no reason. No sign of that so far.<br><br>⏱43&#39; 🔴 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cafc?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#cafc</a> 0-1 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/oufc?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#oufc</a> ⚪️</p>&mdash; Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) <a href="">October 1, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    You’ve got more characters in that post than we have on the pitch
    still to this day I have no idea how to embed a tweet properly 
  • Options
    What is Stockley bringing to this team?? 

Can't even claim to be isolated. 

Absolute shower of shit
  • Options
    Cries of "f#cking useless" and " you're not fit to wear the shirt" as the players trudge off
  • Options
    Fortunately Oxford are not great. Need to take a centre half off and have Leaburn and Stockley up top. Need a bit of courage, always looking for the easy ball. Sessengnon looking backwards when he gets it rather than forwards. Might need help so Rek Sakyi could maybe do that as Egbo looking ok.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    What is Stockley bringing to this team?? 

Can't even claim to be isolated. 

Absolute shower of shit
    He speaks well and wore a nice shirt to the museum.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sessegnon looks to be avoiding so many 1vs1's
    Showing you why a right footed player shouldn't be starting at LB
  • Options
    Losing 0-1 at H/T.
    At home.
    Against Oxford, a team who started below us and who hadn't previously scored in the first half yet this season.
    Not one effort on goal, let alone one on target.
    Surely, surely, things can't get any worse?
  • Options
    He is isolated as Rek Sakyi can't play central.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    No shots and no corners in 45 minutes at home. History in the making .
  • Options
    At least the bish, bash boshit advert is entertaining. First time the crowd have turned on Tommy Rockstar. Is he here?
  • Options
    Good news 
    a massive test of my booooing works theory 

I fancy us now 

cos cheering these cnuts doesn’t work 

• Options
    I think if we take centre half off for a striker, we can still win this.
  • Options
    Our only hope is that there at least 6 really shite teams in this league (including us) who will fight it out for relegation. As things stand we are 4 points off bottom place. I can see a capitulation coming. This feels like a relegation side.

• Options
    Crap 45. JoJo dodgy. Sess poor. Lavelle and O'C slow. Payne bloody painful to watch. Stockley disinterested. Rak Sakyi not bothering.

Only Fraser, Innis, Dobbo and Egbo had Ok halves and none of them are doing very well.

Please dump this terrible formation and go 442 or 433. Lavelle and Payne off for Leaburn and Kirk. Get some shape. 

We won't come back without a change so make it now.
  • Options
    Lavelle off I suspect. Leaburn on? 
  • Options
    Morts and Curbs speaking a lot of sense at half time.
    I am sure Sandgaard would fire them if he could.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Payne is crap
    Indeed
  • Options
    That was bad.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!