Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match (+post p15) Thread: Colchester Utd v Charlton | Papa Johns | Tue 4th Oct 2022 7:45pm

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Bristol rovers beating palace u21’s 2-0 will hopefully mean they’re out and save us the ignominy of that fixture 
    Palace were second in their Group, two points ahead of Bristol Rovers ahead of this fixture - Their final game is @ Plymouth who are top of the Group.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

56' CBT dances his way into the box and shoots wide. #colu 0 #cafc 1

Obviously did not get any practicing shooting last week

• Options
    Nice ball down the right to JFC, puts the ball in to CBT who looks like he's falling over his feet, but tries to shoot anyway, with Albie slightly getting in his way, and it goes wide.
  • Options
    McGrandles much more involved in this half. 

• Options
    No down the other end, Col cross from our left, but the forward charging in at the far post heads over.
  • Options
    Thomas playing well, JFC lovely passes but not match fit...he is too good to be left out of league side..Morgan also doing well, Clare looking lively, and I like the look of Chin.
    JFC being left out of the league side is nothing to do with ability but everything to do with money.
    Please explain , I’m not itk
  • Options
    Coll send the ball long down our left, come into the area, Thomas stands his ground and blocks, the ball comes back out but the cross is overhit and goes out for our throw. on the other side.
  • Options

57' Big chance for the hosts... Lubala ghosts in at the far post and heads over from close range. #colu 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Thomas playing well, JFC lovely passes but not match fit...he is too good to be left out of league side..Morgan also doing well, Clare looking lively, and I like the look of Chin.
    JFC being left out of the league side is nothing to do with ability but everything to do with money.
    Rumour has it, if he plays a League game, we have to pay him more money.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Team                         PWDLGDPts
    Plymouth211025
    Bristol Rovers211024
    Crystal Palace U21210103
    Swindon2002-40  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JFC comes down the right, plays wide to Ness who's having stretch a bit to get the ball and his cross goes well over.
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    Defence slightly slow to react there, but the Col forward trips JFC so we get a free kick 10 yards outside our area
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    How bad is it that one of the best midfielders in the club can't get a game for the sake of a few grand. Shows what deep trouble we are in with this owner.
    i'm not TS' biggest fan but not sure JFC playing is down to a few grand tbf - garner clearly doesn't rate him for whatever reason/s
    Really?  We signed his replacement (McGrandles) less than a week into pre-season and JFC was captain in our 1st pre-season game.

JFC might not be "first choice" because Garner doesn't fancy him.  He is frozen out for "other" reasons.
  • Options
    What is good is that the boys coming through from the youth team all have good ball skills and quick feet, Chin, Campbell, Henry and Leaburn in particular.
  • Options
    To be fair NHS staff get 30% extra for working Saturdays. 🤔
  • Options
    Nice ball to Campbell down the left, jinks into the area and cuts back to Chin, but he's crowded out, and we end up going back to the halfway line, where a foul wins us a free kick.
  • Options
    Thanks, I assumed that we didn’t want to pay for another long contract where he was on the physio table if he got injured again, but your explanation fits better as he’s playing tonight Cheers

• Options
    Good work from CBT to retrieve the ball after a slightly wayward pass from JFC, but although we get the ball back into the area, Campbell can't get to it.
  • Options
    Whereas Payne and McGrandles...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some nice harrying from Thomas near the halfway line, but his last tackle is a tad late and the ref gives a free kick against him
  • Options
    Akinde will give our centre backs a good physical challenge. A shame we can't sub Jason Pearce on, as it would be right up his street!
  • Options

63' Chilvers goes into the book for a late challenge on McGrandles. #colu 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Usual box of chocolates from Albie, too many coffee creams
  • Options
    Col come forward, Chin bundles over Judge and the have a free kick about 5-10 yards out from the LH corner of our area.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Whereas Payne and McGrandles...
    Do you mean where is, not whereas🤣
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Ball comes in, Harness punches and Campbell puts the ball out for a throw by the RH corner flag.
  • Options
    Tel sounds like he's commentating on the snooker
  • Options
    Not sure what was going on there, it looked like everyone was waiting for the ref to whistle for a foul in midfield, he didn't, we passed it, and then the ref blew up to give us a free kick anyway
  • Options
    imageimage