Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 8th October 2022 - 3pm | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Options
    5-3 to us including a hat trick for Rak Sakyi.

If that comes true I'm doing the Euromillions Tuesday.
  • Options
    Just passed all the players going out for a stroll. Spoke to a couple they didnt look very interested to be honest
    Not very interested in this afternoons game or talking to you? 😉
  • Options
    4-4-2 or 4-2-4 if we score then revert to a safer formation
  • Options
    1-1 if we are very lucky. More probably 2-0 or 2-1 to Lincoln.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Well 442/424 it is then.

McGrandles, Morgan and Payne all impressed enough in midweek to make the bench but JFC obviously didn't. 
  • Options
    It's actually 4-4-farckin' 2!
  • Options
    Hallelujah, 4-4-2!
  • Options
    If only I'd put McGrandles on my bench for the Preview instead of Aneke

Would have got all 18 correct!!
  • Options

As I said😂
  • Options

I can't believe you put Chuks on the bench in the first place.

It's not as though it's a Leap Year or we're due a solar eclipse or glimpse of Halley's Comet today ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Can't wait for everyone screaming for 4-4-2 still find a way to blame Garner after the game. 

He deserves praise for actually trying to change things unlike managers before him. 
    good god, he doesn't have to do much does he?! Praise indeed.
  • Options
    Pleased it's 4-4-2 but only because nothing else suits us so may as well give it a go. Though we'll probably change at half time when we're being overrun. 
  • Options
    If we see the sort of performance we saw second half against Oxford then we stand a chance of getting three points - Unfortunately its not just the setup thats an issue with this team, but getting a full 90min performance out of them*

*Egbo and Sessegnon excluded given their recent injuries
  • Options
    Can't wait for everyone screaming for 4-4-2 still find a way to blame Garner after the game. 

He deserves praise for actually trying to change things unlike managers before him. 
    good god, he doesn't have to do much does he?! Praise indeed.
    He is doing the best he can with this squad at his disposal, is my point. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I am not an advocate of a flat 442 but if Lincoln are going to play 343, like they have done, I would play it today.

I would probably go 433 but with two center fowards and JRS as a winger.  Saying that Morgan and McGrandle don't really deserve to start, after recent performances, so maybe 442, or as it will actually be 424, is the right way to go?
    I think Morgan should get a start personally (especially if JFC won't). He'd certainly be ahead of Payne or McGrandles. 

I like the idea of a 4-2-4 because it means both the wingers and full backs can help the middle.

Wollacott

Egbo - Inniss - O'Connell - Sessegnon
    Clare - Dobson
    Rak-Sakyi - Stockley - Leaburn - B-Taylor

(Not that I think Clare's lack of effort recently deserves rewarding, but don't see Morgan or JFC starting)

Alternative option would be to put Jaiyesimi in the SS role he finished last game in, playing a 4-4-1-1

Wollacott
    Rak Sakyi - Dobson - Morgan - B.Taylor
    Jaiyesimi
    Stockley 

Pretty sure DJ is out injured mate could be a couple of games at least ankle injury.

edit; here you go Garners quote ‘“He’s got damage to the ankle. He’s going to be in that protective boot for a good couple of weeks and rehab from there. It’s disappointing for DJ because he came on and had an impact on Saturday and he’d played a key role up until that point on Tuesday night’.
     Bollocks. I forgot about Tuesday night. Trying to cleanse my memories.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I am not an advocate of a flat 442 but if Lincoln are going to play 343, like they have done, I would play it today.

I would probably go 433 but with two center fowards and JRS as a winger.  Saying that Morgan and McGrandle don't really deserve to start, after recent performances, so maybe 442, or as it will actually be 424, is the right way to go?
    I think Morgan should get a start personally (especially if JFC won't). He'd certainly be ahead of Payne or McGrandles. 

I like the idea of a 4-2-4 because it means both the wingers and full backs can help the middle.

Wollacott

Clare - Dobson
    Rak-Sakyi - Stockley - Leaburn - B-Taylor

(Not that I think Clare's lack of effort recently deserves rewarding, but don't see Morgan or JFC starting)

Alternative option would be to put Jaiyesimi in the SS role he finished last game in, playing a 4-4-1-1

Wollacott
    Rak Sakyi - Dobson - Morgan - B.Taylor
    Jaiyesimi
    Stockley 

Pretty sure DJ is out injured mate could be a couple of games at least ankle injury.

edit; here you go Garners quote ‘“He’s got damage to the ankle. He’s going to be in that protective boot for a good couple of weeks and rehab from there. It’s disappointing for DJ because he came on and had an impact on Saturday and he’d played a key role up until that point on Tuesday night’.
     Bollocks. I forgot about Tuesday night.
    Unfortunately it’s a recurring nightmare for me having watched the capitulation at the end 😉