Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Home tickets reduced for next 7 games (Ed. For rest of season now)

edited November 2022 in General Charlton
Plus the membership scheme finally launched 

Comments

• Options

Supporters can still purchase adult tickets in Zone Three from £23, while Zone Two pricing has been reduced by £4, with adult tickets now priced at £25 at the early-purchase price. Zone One pricing has also been reduced by £4 to £30.

This follows news earlier this week that for the club’s 'Back at The Valley' celebration against Cheltenham Town on December 3rd, every ticket will be £19.92

• Options
    I don't think there will be any big increase in attendance, its still league one. 
  • Options
    Atleast it’s a sign he is listening and willing to adapt / change

Who know’s what he’ll do next. A 20-goal a season striker might rock up on 1st Jan (or at 10:59 on 31st Jan!)
  • Options
    how is this the first place I'm hearing this?
    the deluge of marketing email bumf from the club was irritating but swiftly deleted
    how cock-eyed is the thinking that the stream of emails dries up just when there's something worth pushing?

If only there were people with years of knowledge and experience underpinned with genuine affection for the club... oh shit yeah Skintgaard the muppet martinet sacks them on a whim, keeps bullying fuckwits in post and wonders why turnover is collapsing while costs continue to rise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whilst we're not winning games, can't see much change in numbers.

I also recall Rui Pinto mentioning something on memberships... just wanted to see if he was proven correct with what he said but can't find the tweet. He mentioned something about plaques didn't he? Can't see that being included at all.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    It is the right thing to do. Don't expect an immediate uptick in attendance as that is not realistic (whatever the price). It removes a barrier to attending however.

BUT the persistence on the 'buy late penalty' (not an early bird discount as they badge it) is still going to be a problem. That was almost more important to fix.

I will continue to adversely react to that cost if I think on the day id like to go after all. It will as a principle backfire.
  • Options
    Just announced this on the sports news on talkSPORT 
  • Options
    The three quid thing is stupid but at least this is a small step in the right direction. It made the news on Talksport. 
  • Options
    Glad I bought that 3 pack now.
  • Options
    Listening to feedback and acting upon it is a positive step, no matter how small a step. I hope a few fans respond positively. If attendances do not increase much at all, questions around whether he should listen again will arise in his mind…
    I'm pleased they've finally seen common sense, although am concerned that the damage is already done.
    I too hope that the fans refusing to pay the excessive prices now return.
    If they don't and the ticket revenue decreases further, TS will think he was right all along.
  • Options
    It’s a start but should have never happened in the first place. That £3 surcharge has sadly not disappeared which does not make any sense to me. 

Still it’s a win of sorts. Let’s see if the home fans attendances now increase 
  • Options
    How do people know about all this? It's not on the OS.
  • Options
    redman said:
    It is 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/ticket-prices-reduced-rest-2022
  • Options
    Until they get rid of the early buy bollocks I'm still out...
  • Options
    Listening to feedback and acting upon it is a positive step, no matter how small a step. I hope a few fans respond positively. If attendances do not increase much at all, questions around whether he should listen again will arise in his mind…
    I'm pleased they've finally seen common sense, although am concerned that the damage is already done.
    I too hope that the fans refusing to pay the excessive prices now return.
    If they don't and the ticket revenue decreases further, TS will think he was right all along.
    The prices should have been reduced from last season.  Coupled with our start I feel this is too little too late.
    As for still having the £3 charge on the day, another deterrent.
    Sandgaard almost makes it up as he goes along. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Yes ut is. Silly me I'd looked under Men's News. 
  • Options
    I dislike the £3 charge as much as anyone, but if it's removed it may lead to loads more buying on the day prior to kick off and they won't have the staff to cope, leading to loads of queuing.
    It won’t. This was a risk prior to the introduction of print at home but it isn’t now. Too many tickets are sold online. It’s also no explanation of extending it to the previous day.
  • Options
    I dislike the £3 charge as much as anyone, but if it's removed it may lead to loads more buying on the day prior to kick off and they won't have the staff to cope, leading to loads of queuing.
    It won’t. This was a risk prior to the introduction of print at home but it isn’t now. Too many tickets are sold online. It’s also no explanation of extending it to the previous day.
    For the print at home option you still pay a surcharge of £1.50 I believe. So it would make it cheaper to wait until the day. Agree on the unnessesary previous day.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I disagree it will, it always does when we have larger crowds and effectively encouraging people to buy late is akin to a larger crowd.

Some fans will (understandably) decide to attend in the last few hours before KO and will be queuing up at the ticket offices to buy, as they always do when we get a bigger "gate".

I'm not saying they shouldn't get rid of it. I'm not an advocate of it.
    As a S/T holder it doesn't effect me if there are hundreds queuing and they miss the KO.

Anyway, it's probably a mute point because it looks unlikely to be removed and if we continue on a downward trajectory, few will be buying tickets anyway. But if and when we do start to attract non S/T holders some will default to queuing to purchase on the day as they always do.
  • Options
    redman said:
    For the print at home option you still pay a surcharge of £1.50 I believe. So it would make it cheaper to wait until the day. Agree on the unnessesary previous day.
    Exactly.