Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Home tickets reduced for next 7 games (Ed. For rest of season now)

13»

Comments

• Options
    I haven't read this in detail but how and when will season ticket holders be rewarded? 

Lots of free and reduced tickets over the last two seasons but no reward for is mugs Who turn up every week
    Well you should check before moaning. Tickets rices set now more or less where they should have been relative to season ticket prices. Adult seat prices £25 for most of the ground compared to £425 season ticket, ie 17 games equivalent compared to season ticket for 23. 
  • Options
    IF fans had known the "new" /U turned /current prices, some may well have opted to BAYG ( buy as you go) which would have meant they kept their hard earned in their pocket until a match which they wanted to attend , and NOT given a lump sum to the club by purchasing a season ticket...which presumably earns interest ?  

It's increasingly clear that all TS & co are interested in is MONEY and that they have NO interest in their " customers" ...the lifeblood of our football club who are currently walking away in their droves.

Just get out of OUR club, Sandgaards ! 

Everything you do is making the approaching the death knell louder. 
  • Options
    IF fans had known the "new" /U turned /current prices, some may well have opted to BAYG ( buy as you go) which would have meant they kept their hard earned in their pocket until a match which they wanted to attend , and NOT given a lump sum to the club by purchasing a season ticket...which presumably earns interest ?  

It's increasingly clear that all TS & co are interested in is MONEY and that they have NO interest in their " customers" ...the lifeblood of our football club who are currently walking away in their droves.

From recollection most season tickets were sold before matchday prices were published. Later sales may have been driven by the silly increases but I’m not sure much can be done about that. 
  • Options
    As TS is discovering, people will not pay good money to watch rubbish. Especially during the current climate where we are all making hard choices as to how to spend our diminishing bucks. If nothing changes/things get worse it will be interesting to see how season ticket sales go next year. I honestly fear for this club.  
  • Options
    Making it up as they go along. 
    Totally clueless 
    Maybe, but if people moan the prices are too high, you can’t then moan when they lower them 
    One could say that season ticket holders should get a proportionate refund.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Totally clueless 
    Maybe, but if people moan the prices are too high, you can’t then moan when they lower them 
    Only if they have been under cut, which appear not to be the case. 
  • Options
    Totally clueless 
    That point is true in isolation, but people are feeling the accumulation of the trend.
  • Options
    Totally clueless 
    Goes to show people will now complain about everything. 

Shows the bridge is fully burnt for some people. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Totally clueless 
    The main issue with the ST was the perks, free tickets should have been games of your own choice, shop discount should be when you choose and drinks discounts should be any bar any and time you choose.... not 2 hours before kickoff on the concourse !. 

And no matter what anyone says, lots of people do consider the perks when buying... its not extras that you don't think of when signing up. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    I haven't read this in detail but how and when will season ticket holders be rewarded? 

Lots of free and reduced tickets over the last two seasons but no reward for is mugs Who turn up every week
    Well you should check before moaning. Tickets rices set now more or less where they should have been relative to season ticket prices. Adult seat prices £25 for most of the ground compared to £425 season ticket, ie 17 games equivalent compared to season ticket for 23. 
    Great and how much did the season ticket go up by this season? Every other fucker can take advantage of the free tickets on offer though. 

• Options
    edited November 2022
    shirty5 said:
    shine166 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Totally clueless 
    The main issue with the ST was the perks, free tickets should have been games of your own choice, shop discount should be when you choose and drinks discounts should be any bar any and time you choose.... not 2 hours before kickoff on the concourse !. 

And no matter what anyone says, lots of people do consider the perks when buying... it’s not extras that you don't think of when signing up. 
    When I’m purchasing my season ticket I’m looking at the price only. Any extras are just that, extras. If there was not any perks (Bar the price) then maybe I’m in the minority here, but I would not be bothered. 

I pay to watch the football
    That's fair play, I was swayed by the perks.. while money and finances are fucked, it helps a lot. Some will probably say I shouldn't go at all if I'm struggling financially, but my mental health needs a boost somewhere when life is unravelling.

If the extras are pointless to most people, maybe they should just bin them and take £25 off the price. Also, if a beer, taking mates and buying merch for the boy are not part of the football experience... bin them too. 

• Options
    That’s it, lower the prices when it’s clear we are destined for another mid table finish - that will bring the fans back.
  • Options
    Its a positive move, but its only bringing them to the price they should have been in the first place. At this point Id say so many have tuned out from this season that it won't make a difference on the attendances. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Whilst I understand the point here. I made the observation before that actually a season ticket provides minimal benefit currently - relatively small discount only if attending every game. The ability to have 'your' seat may be worth something to some but frankly with the attendances currently you wont struggle to sit close to where you want even if someone else does buy your usual seat!

For me its been the case for some while that a BAYG approach is the most prudent financial thing to do particularly as most will miss some games due to holiday/sickness/other priories etc. There are no real benefits or status to being a season ticket holder in League 1.

So I don't think reducing the price is the wrong thing to do - just ridiculous they couldn't have resolved the pricing in the close season. But its an inherited mess pre TS of course which no one seems able to simply fix for reasons I cant defend / explain.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    The issue I still have is the 'late booking' tax / premium.

As a principle this annoys me more than it should.
    Exactly, the fucking nonsense idea that an empty ground needs a late booking tax to encourage people to buy early…
    It’s not the theatre, it’s the third division, don’t they know how terraces and turnstiles worked?
    Do ‘they’ actually have to use them on match days ?