Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 8th October 2022 - 3pm

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    This isn’t working is it ? 
    No it's not. Weak squad but I can't even work out what we're trying to do half the time
  • Options
    How many league games since we won now?
  • Options
    Well i'm here.  In hope and anticipation, show us SOMETHING Addicks!
    Well don't then!
  • Options
    Lincoln didnt go for it like they did last season. Surprised me that they played like an away team. We were too predictable and slow in the final third. Not a great surprise. Some poor passing by us and some of those were basic passes.
  • Options
    Biggest disappointment (other than the fact we didnt score), was the sight of us regressing the moment we made any subs - We were in control for the majority of the game, but the moment Kirk | Sessegnon went off (the latter had to), we looked done.
  • Options
    We don't score many goals these days, do we?

• Options
    We really were hanging on at the end. We looked better overall than Lincoln, but really didn't create much more than they did. CBT had a couple of moments you'd really not want to see from  profesionals, but in the end, the clean sheet came at the cost of a very limited attack. Frankly, that was frustrating to watch.
  • Options
    Two points thrown away.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Jayajosh said:
    7 points off playoffs 
    Which is ridiculous because a run of two or three wins on the bounce and we're right in and around it. 

We just need to play better, but I don't see what's going to cause that.
  • Options
    Brownie and Curbs summing it up well in the studio.

Positive: we kept a clean sheet

Negative: had to sacrifice any kind of real attacking threat in order to keep the clean sheet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    SUCH

A

SHIT

DECADE AND A HALF
    Corrected for you. 🙄
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Whatever, I'll take a draw. We kept a clean sheet and didn't concede too many chances. Awfully refereed game at times. Pretty poorly played for large stretches.

I fear that we look worse now than in the first five games of the season, whereas under a systems manager like Garner you expect things to take a while to get going but hopefully improve as players adapt. That's not happening here. It feels like a season drifting toward irrelevancy. 
     I think there's positives, but I do feel our players have lost interest. 

Egbo, Inniss, Dobson, Fraser, Stockley and Leaburn all seemed up for it today. No one else really impressed.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Off_it said:
    How many league games since we won now?
    More than the number of goals Wrexham scored today.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Biggest disappointment (other than the fact we didnt score), was the sight of us regressing the moment we made any subs - We were in control for the majority of the game, but the moment Kirk | Sessegnon went off (the latter had to), we looked done.
    Which shows two more underlying problems, one is that we don't have a backup left back so we're playing Clare there. And the second is how much CBT has regressed from the end of last season and start of this one. 
  • Options
    Sean Clare and CBT now a few games running look to have lost their way. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    SDAddick said:
    Jayajosh said:
    7 points off playoffs 
    Which is ridiculous because a run of two or three wins on the bounce and we're right in and around it. 

Equally if we don't win on Tuesday we could kick off Monday night in the bottom 4.
  • Options
    Some quite good possession, but awful last quarter of the game and subs were made too late for me - too many legs gone. Lincoln poor, us not getting the three points against such a poor side says it all really. We are getting what we deserve - down to you Thomas. Sort it out!
  • Options
    AND... The Spanners win!

Pefecto
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    SDAddick said:
    Jayajosh said:
    7 points off playoffs 

Equally if we don't win on Tuesday we could kick off Monday night in the bottom 4.
    It's October. I have literally zero concern yet about relegation risk. Maybe the players would be shamed into sorting themselves out knowing they're in the R spots 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m trying to take the positives out of this… well at least the lawns had a nice cut.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Which shows two more underlying problems, one is that we don't have a backup left back so we're playing Clare there. And the second is how much CBT has regressed from the end of last season and start of this one. 
    Hopefully its more because Sessegnon is being eased back into the team - Long term, he'll be lasting 90mins, same as what we're now seeing from Egbo.

CBT is in a poor spell, but think that is why he's so low in the EFL, he doesnt have the consistency to be at a better level - He'll improve again
  • Options
    In general terms a point away from home is good.

However, we don't win the corresponding home games and  we are just 2 points above the relegation zone now.

This is going to be an anxiety ridden season which could, quite conceivably end up with us being relegated.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    .aliwibble said:
    OK, I'm off for a couple of hours. Good luck guys.
    Bad as that eh?  ;)
    I never participate in the match thread post kick-off unless I'm actually watching the game, as it's not good for my blood pressure :) Anyway everyone, over to the post match:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!