Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 8th October 2022 - 3pm

edited October 2022 in General Charlton

Charlton: Wollacott; Egbo, Inniss, O’Connell, Sessegnon; Rak-Sakyi, Dobson, Fraser, Kirk; Stockley (c), Leaburn

Substitutes: MacGillivray, Thomas, Clare, Morgan, McGrandles, Payne, Blackett-Taylor

Comments

• Options
    I'm quietly confident about a positive result today... Gonna go for a 2-2 instead of 1-1

My optimism will no doubt disappear within 5-minutes of KO with Lincoln scoring the softest of goals from a shot that was initially intended as a back pass to their own Goalkeeper
  • Options
    Like the look of this.

• Options
    The midfield looks really weak. 
    Trouble is its probably the best we have.
  • Options
    A one man midfield. That'll work. 
  • Options
    Have decided to take the day off work and will be travelling all the way to the living room to watch Jeff and the boys bring me the good news of the rip roaring goal scoring addicks getting a result against the mighty Lincoln.

COYA!
  • Options
    Have seen the starting line up and that is probably as strong as it can get. That says every thing about how poor the squad is  and the lack of good quality recruitment and enough of it. As I geared in August.
  • Options
    Not a fan of Fraser as part of a central 2 in the middle. This seems very high risk to me, perhaps a last roll of the dice from Garner.
  • Options
    Sniggering at Scott Minto describing the Rotherham chairman as "very good, not... trigger happy". Unlike chairmen closer to home Scott?
  • Options
    Well, you all wanted your 4-4-2 so here it is.

Cant see why you'd want a manager who plays a certain way to change his style after just a dozen games. 

Its not the system its the players. We just dont have enough good ones where it matters. Like up front. No strikers on the bench so little the manager can do to get us back into the game if we are losing with 10 mins to go. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    A one man midfield. That'll work. 
    If Fraser isn’t pulling up trees first half today I can see him getting the hook at half time for Clare would be my preference,
  • Options
    Something needs to be sorted out fast before 
    all confidents is wiped away.
    Not only with the team but Charlton the club as well.
    Even if we win today we will go no higher than 12th half way up old division 3. That in its self should say enough,deal with it.
  • Options
    Incredible weather for October. Hopefully that gets us going
  • Options
    Like, we are all going to be sunburnt
  • Options
    15 minutes to kick off and only 13 comments.

Apathy rules.
  • Options
    The midfield looks really weak. 
    Trouble is its probably the best we have.
    JFC for Fraser would stiffen it up
  • Options
    Fraser was all action in a midfield two last week. Keep the faith
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Incredible weather for October. Hopefully that gets us going
    Dark away strip hopefully then to absorb the suns energy a la Gary Player😉
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    @southbank, you fishing for a Kenneth Williams pic?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jes seems an enthusiastic young lad 
  • Options
    Jes seems an enthusiastic young lad 
    Yup. He's really excited about life in SE7.
  • Options
    He needs to calm down 
  • Options
    Lincoln one of the top sides - hopefully we can make a game of it.
  • Options
    We want 442....but midfield looks weak....apparently...

Disagree fully, its a talented 4 with players there to unlock teams and will do, aslong as they are set up to do so. It can be pretty fluid and can allow us to set up in different ways to dictate the game.

Cant ask for 442 and then moan...its mental.

• Options
    Just asked him what is was like playing in front of big crowds.

That stumped him.
  • Options
    Well i'm here.  In hope and anticipation, show us SOMETHING Addicks!
  • Options
    We want 442....but midfield looks weak....apparently...

Disagree fully, its a talented 4 with players there to unlock teams and will do, aslong as they are set up to do so. It can be pretty fluid and can allow us to set up in different ways to dictate the game.

Cant ask for 442 and then moan...its mental.

Weak defensively is the concern.
  • Options
    Weak in defence 
    Weak in midfield 
    Oh the joys of watching Charlton in the poxy 3rd division. 
  • Options
    OK, I'm off for a couple of hours. Good luck guys.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!