Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 8th October 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options

• Options
    Two very average league one teams huffing and puffing in a poor game.

If Rak Saki is the answer god knows what the question was.
    "Who can score twice and set up two goals in eight games?" 

His decision making still needs work, and sometimes he dribbles down blind alleys, but he's been one of our best players (damning with faint praise, I know) this season. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

No goal
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Also Dobson is battling well this half.
    Pretty much every game tbf 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    As they're saying the photo isn't conclusive as it could be after the goalie reached for it. Tough one for the officials to be certain though, can't give it if they're not. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

No goal
    Provided thats only the point when he reaches and drags the ball back
  • Options
    Scoham said:

No goal

As close to a goal without it being a goal you can get. 

• Options
    Scoham said:

No goal
    As they said on Comms, it looks like he's starting to move the ball back toward him so it might not be the best image. But it's really close and without goaline technology, it's really hard to give that. 
  • Options
    You can't give that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    2 up front. 3 attacking mids. 2 attacking fullbacks. 20 minutes. Most of the ball. No shots of notes. 

Says all you need to know. 
    If only football was that easy, put out attacking players and dominate instantly.
    That’s the point though… we were dominating but despite having lots of “talent” on the pitch, we cannot create shooting opportunities. And when we do we don’t shoot. 

Lack of tempo, careless final balls, bad decisions, passing instead of shooting. Lots of talk of inadequate players, wrong formations, but those are all mentality problems. We have to do better. 

There will be no shocked faces in the away end if we go in 1-0 down again - Lincoln already getting back on top of this game in the last 5 minutes. 
    We’ve been struggling for form, realistically we’re not going to switch formation and create multiple quality chances inside 20 minutes. The league winners won’t even do that every game.
    No, but there’s a middle ground between lots of chances and no chances. And this is not a problem that has only just started happening, and unfortunately, despite looking more comfortable for longer into this match, I don’t see much sign the problems are being fixed - the passing is still too slow, the final ball has been no better, the players are still reluctant to shoot. I don’t think any of that criticism is unfair. Today has been better than last week, so far, but it’s all a bit meaningless until we start doing better in those key areas. 
    I’m not saying the issues have been fixed. I’d like us to have created more but with the chances we’ve had we could and probably should be winning. We’re probably not going to turn this form around by suddenly winning games 2/3/4-0, more likely we’ll need to grind out results. That usually means good and bad spells in games, sometimes needing time to grow into it. I don’t disagree with the criticism I just don’t think it’s realistic to expect a complete turnaround 20 minutes into a game.
    We agree here Scoham. I don’t expect a dramatic turnaround, but I need to see a bit more from them before I’ll start to feel like we’re improving in the right direction. A couple of wins and some confidence will help. Ill
    be delighted with a ground out 1-0. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Leyburn's looks over to me, and then the keeper drags it back. They need to pause the replay as the keeper gets to the ball and you can see it. Shame. Played OK first half without creating enough. 

Like Egbo, however he's very slow to track back. Stockly much better in a two... who knew?! Dobson getting stuck in. Fraser playing well but has been caught out a couple of times.
  • Options
    Good 1st half from us imo. Unlucky not to be 1 up. Hopefully we can put 2 halves together, if we can I think we will win this 2-0
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    You can't give that 
    You absolutely CAN give it to us. But not any other team, obviously. Fair's fair.
  • Options
    We have had issues with this ref before .. today he bottled it and gone off after having a shocker 

we should be two up … people moan and groan about managers , owners etc etc but there nothing you can do about that performance from the official today 
  • Options
    If that was Lincoln it was a  good save, but as it’s not.. it’s well over the line, we was robbed 😠
  • Options
    We have had issues with this ref before .. today he bottled it and gone off after having a shocker 

we should be two up … people moan and groan about managers , owners etc etc but there nothing you can do about that performance from the official today 
    yeah they're the reason we're a bottom half league 1 side. its all a bloody conspiracy!
  • Options
    Two very average league one teams huffing and puffing in a poor game.

If Rak Saki is the answer god knows what the question was.
    Who is as frustrating as Leko at ending their own attacks without threat.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    2 up front. 3 attacking mids. 2 attacking fullbacks. 20 minutes. Most of the ball. No shots of notes. 

If only football was that easy, put out attacking players and dominate instantly.
    That’s the point though… we were dominating but despite having lots of “talent” on the pitch, we cannot create shooting opportunities. And when we do we don’t shoot. 

Lack of tempo, careless final balls, bad decisions, passing instead of shooting. Lots of talk of inadequate players, wrong formations, but those are all mentality problems. We have to do better. 

There will be no shocked faces in the away end if we go in 1-0 down again - Lincoln already getting back on top of this game in the last 5 minutes. 
    We’ve been struggling for form, realistically we’re not going to switch formation and create multiple quality chances inside 20 minutes. The league winners won’t even do that every game.
    No, but there’s a middle ground between lots of chances and no chances. And this is not a problem that has only just started happening, and unfortunately, despite looking more comfortable for longer into this match, I don’t see much sign the problems are being fixed - the passing is still too slow, the final ball has been no better, the players are still reluctant to shoot. I don’t think any of that criticism is unfair. Today has been better than last week, so far, but it’s all a bit meaningless until we start doing better in those key areas. 
    I’m not saying the issues have been fixed. I’d like us to have created more but with the chances we’ve had we could and probably should be winning. We’re probably not going to turn this form around by suddenly winning games 2/3/4-0, more likely we’ll need to grind out results. That usually means good and bad spells in games, sometimes needing time to grow into it. I don’t disagree with the criticism I just don’t think it’s realistic to expect a complete turnaround 20 minutes into a game.
    I thought the problem was we were creating chances, just not taking them?

No I didn't actually think that but people keep banging on about xG.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You do talk some old shit Ronnie 
  • Options
    Lovely cross from Kirk, shame Rak-Sakyi doesnt gamble more
  • Options
    Oooh we got a corner...

Meat Pie Sausage Roll 

Air Raid Sirens still no goals.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

I thought the problem was we were creating chances, just not taking them?

No I didn't actually think that but people keep banging on about xG.
    Both are issues for me
  • Options
    Scoham said:

No goal
    Inconclusive. In that still if the ball has literally rested into his hand I'd agree, but a frame or two earlier it was further in.
  • Options
    Get a high cross in and it’s Kirk who gets his head on it…
  • Options
    Appalling from kirk.

• Options
    Lovely cross from Kirk, shame Rak-Sakyi doesnt gamble more
    He gambled on signing a new contract  with Palarse😄
  • Options
    Can we get a R on the screen for replays... I sometimes think my stream has lagged and I've missed us start an identical attack 🤣
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Scoham said:
    Get a high cross in and it’s Kirk who gets his head on it…
    That's the issue, you could replace Kirk for almost all our players, for any sort of chance.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!