Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 8th October 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Leaburn doing some fabulous work up front I have to say
  • Options
    That leaburn break and pass back to our own half is everything that is wrong with our football style
  • Options
    Excellent work from Leaburn. 
  • Options
    Leaburn playing well last couple of minutes.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Leuth said:
    He's settled at this level really well for the most part this season - Its helping both Miles and Jayden having each other as a Strike partner in this formation
  • Options
    Excellent work from Leaburn. 
    Must stop calling him Carlo!
  • Options
    Am so glad I'm not a Lincoln fan

That siren before every bloody corner would get right on my tits!!

I thought I was hearing things when I heard it earlier
    I thought they only used it when they scored, but getting their money's worth today
  • Options
    Goal incoming
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    That leaburn break and pass back to our own half is everything that is wrong with our football style
    But we worked it well and won a dangerous free kick 
  • Options
    Oh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What the fuck was that Innis?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    what happened???
    Leaburn shot “saved” by their keeper but trickled behind him and towards the goal line. Keeper got back and pulled in in and lino couldn’t tell if it went over the line or not.

Lots on here saying it’s a definite goal but I’m not convinced myself.
    Cheers mate
  • Options
    WTF was that of a clearance from Inniss... Wrong bloody box lad!!
  • Options
    Great ball out from Stockley to Rak-Sakyi

Shame it was the only good thing about that entire move
  • Options
    According to The Athletic, our formation is 2-7-3...
  • Options
    Leuth said:

If both him and Stockley both work better in a two up top then it has to be the way to go.
  • Options
    Wallacott should have come for that.
  • Options
    Wallacott should have come for that.
    Agreed. 
  • Options
    I like that formation. 
    Even we would win playing that every week.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    We have to make this pressure count, so far so good.. but should be 0-1 anyway 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

If both him and Stockley both work better in a two up top then it has to be the way to go.
    Definitely looks that way
  • Options
    5 added?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    2 up front. 3 attacking mids. 2 attacking fullbacks. 20 minutes. Most of the ball. No shots of notes. 

Says all you need to know. 
    If only football was that easy, put out attacking players and dominate instantly.
    That’s the point though… we were dominating but despite having lots of “talent” on the pitch, we cannot create shooting opportunities. And when we do we don’t shoot. 

Lack of tempo, careless final balls, bad decisions, passing instead of shooting. Lots of talk of inadequate players, wrong formations, but those are all mentality problems. We have to do better. 

There will be no shocked faces in the away end if we go in 1-0 down again - Lincoln already getting back on top of this game in the last 5 minutes. 
    We’ve been struggling for form, realistically we’re not going to switch formation and create multiple quality chances inside 20 minutes. The league winners won’t even do that every game.
    No, but there’s a middle ground between lots of chances and no chances. And this is not a problem that has only just started happening, and unfortunately, despite looking more comfortable for longer into this match, I don’t see much sign the problems are being fixed - the passing is still too slow, the final ball has been no better, the players are still reluctant to shoot. I don’t think any of that criticism is unfair. Today has been better than last week, so far, but it’s all a bit meaningless until we start doing better in those key areas. 
  • Options
    Diamond has a shot from distance which goes for a throw.

Now I know why we were potentially linked with him
  • Options
    I like that formation. 
    Even we would win playing that every week.
    I like that optimism
  • Options
    We're panicking a bit at the moment, cant keep the ball
  • Options
    Great bit of communication between Inniss and Egbo - Showing us a preview of what we can expect for the second half from the whole team
  • Options
    Lincoln are awful in the final third. 1 goal wins this 
  • Options
    We're panicking a bit at the moment, cant keep the ball
    We've been working on panicking better in training this week.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!