Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 8th October 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Croydon said:
    Lincoln are awful in the final third. 1 goal draws this 
  • Options
    They need to buy Jojo a few drinks tonight!
  • Options
    Fantastic save by Wallacott
  • Options
    GREAT SAVE JOJO!!
  • Options
    Things I've learned this half. 

1. I really rate Egbo. 
    2. Stockley still can offer something.
    3. Referees are more fragile than glass. 
    4. Rak-Sakyi is immensely skilful, but not sure the footballing brain is there.
    5. Lincoln are fricking weird with their sirens

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Am so glad I'm not a Lincoln fan

That siren before every bloody corner would get right on my tits!!

I thought I was hearing things when I heard it earlier
    I thought they only used it when they scored, but getting their money's worth today
    Always been for corners.
  • Options
    Excellent save from Wallacott 
  • Options
    Wollacott with a brilliant save. Given how we've been playing, you suspect he might have just kept us in it. 
  • Options
    Fantastic save - we're under the cosh here.
  • Options
    HT: 0-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also Dobson is battling well this half.
  • Options
    Sometimes I think someone has put a curse on us.
    Garner needs to piss in every corner of The Valley 
  • Options
    Seeing as we can only play 45 mins of decent football, was that our good 45 mins or our bad one  ?
    I was just going to ask that 
  • Options
    How much space do we give people in the box, ludicrous? Note Kirk doesn’t pick up, let’s people run and doesn’t track - all game he’s been a spectator without the ball. He’s as useful as a popsicle when it comes to marking and defending.  That said, great goalkeeping kept us in it.
  • Options
    Sometimes I think someone has put a curse on us.
    Garner needs to piss in every corner of The Valley 
    Thanks for that unwanted image 😳
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    The free kick from O’Connell that ultimately conceded the long throw that lead to that save by Wollacott is a perfect example of the dumb decisions in this team at times. He took a free kick too quickly, aimed at no one, and just turned over possession so cheaply. Immediately we were under pressure and lucky not to concede. He did it earlier with a quick short free kick as well. 

It’s really basic stuff - take care of the ball, even more important when you’re setup to dominate possession. 
  • Options
    0-0 HT, and so far a better showing from the lads, more of the same second half, we could win this, 
  • Options
    I'd like to see JFC given a go. I find Fraser so frustrating and far too casual. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    I'd like to see JFC given a go. I find Fraser so frustrating and far too casual. 
    Fraser has done really well imo. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Lincoln are awful in the final third. 1 goal wins this 
    1 nil Lincoln then 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Seeing as we can only play 45 mins of decent football, was that our good 45 mins or our bad one  ?
    I was just going to ask that 
    Well, we didn't concede - so i reckon that might've been our good half.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I can't remember a time when it has been so boring watching Charlton.

Lasted about 20 mins today before the phone came out and score checking, browsing etc started.

They can reduce the ticket prices as much as they like, but tedious crap like this is not going to encourage me back to the Valley any time soon.
  • Options
    Hmmm yeah, doesnt look a goal for Leaburn, just about stopped... Just about
  • Options
    Two very average league one teams huffing and puffing in a poor game.

If Rak Saki is the answer god knows what the question was.
  • Options
    Should have had a penalty.
    Scored a goal which was not given
    0-0.

That said, our team, man for man, is way better than Lincoln’s.  Failure to win this would be on Garner.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    2 up front. 3 attacking mids. 2 attacking fullbacks. 20 minutes. Most of the ball. No shots of notes. 

Says all you need to know. 
    If only football was that easy, put out attacking players and dominate instantly.
    That’s the point though… we were dominating but despite having lots of “talent” on the pitch, we cannot create shooting opportunities. And when we do we don’t shoot. 

Lack of tempo, careless final balls, bad decisions, passing instead of shooting. Lots of talk of inadequate players, wrong formations, but those are all mentality problems. We have to do better. 

There will be no shocked faces in the away end if we go in 1-0 down again - Lincoln already getting back on top of this game in the last 5 minutes. 
    We’ve been struggling for form, realistically we’re not going to switch formation and create multiple quality chances inside 20 minutes. The league winners won’t even do that every game.
    No, but there’s a middle ground between lots of chances and no chances. And this is not a problem that has only just started happening, and unfortunately, despite looking more comfortable for longer into this match, I don’t see much sign the problems are being fixed - the passing is still too slow, the final ball has been no better, the players are still reluctant to shoot. I don’t think any of that criticism is unfair. Today has been better than last week, so far, but it’s all a bit meaningless until we start doing better in those key areas. 
    I’m not saying the issues have been fixed. I’d like us to have created more but with the chances we’ve had we could and probably should be winning. We’re probably not going to turn this form around by suddenly winning games 2/3/4-0, more likely we’ll need to grind out results. That usually means good and bad spells in games, sometimes needing time to grow into it. I don’t disagree with the criticism I just don’t think it’s realistic to expect a complete turnaround 20 minutes into a game.
  • Options
    The normal frustrating watch from us so far, some periods of real quality interspersed with absolutely dog decision making.

Hopefully we can tighten it up when we are on the front foot this coming half and get a goal. Otherwise we are just going to invite pressure onto ourselves as the game goes on. 
  • Options
    Can't be too long before we give Rak-Sakyi a rest. He's not shown too much this last few games.

I'd like to see Blackett-Taylor come on and run at their defence soon.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!