Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 8th October 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Don’t they have goal line technology in L1?
    lol!... Cmon, lets be serious here
  • Options
    Egbo gets his halfway line goal
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    lol!... Cmon, lets be serious here
    I know they don’t have VAR, but I thought all Football League divisions had goal line technology. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    2 up front. 3 attacking mids. 2 attacking fullbacks. 20 minutes. Most of the ball. No shots of notes. 

Says all you need to know. 
    If only football was that easy, put out attacking players and dominate instantly.
    That’s the point though… we were dominating but despite having lots of “talent” on the pitch, we cannot create shooting opportunities. And when we do we don’t shoot. 

Lack of tempo, careless final balls, bad decisions, passing instead of shooting. Lots of talk of inadequate players, wrong formations, but those are all mentality problems. We have to do better. 

There will be no shocked faces in the away end if we go in 1-0 down again - Lincoln already getting back on top of this game in the last 5 minutes. 
    We’ve been struggling for form, realistically we’re not going to switch formation and create multiple quality chances inside 20 minutes. The league winners won’t even do that every game.
  • Options
    Bottom line, that ball should’ve hit the back of the net. Shouldn’t have to have a discussion about whether or not the ball trickled over the line. 
    Equally, let's not get on Leaburn's back
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    That was 100% in.
    I don't think the ball was completely over the line - impossible to see from the one away angle we have anyway. Leaburn barely appealed tbf
    Hard to tell for sure. But looking where his body was as he dragged it back I think it was. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    WTF is wrong with decisions for us @ Lincoln

Was only a few years ago when we had a useless twat giving a penalty and had no idea what was going on regardless of giving it!!
  • Options
    This is all a poxy happenstance.
  • Options
    have they not got goal line technology? For some reason i thought league 1 did.
    they do have blind linesmen though. Now the ref doesn’t fancy it. What a shit show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Mate, it's the Third Division, donchya know? :wink:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Literally got tripped over and he can't continue 🤣. Pathetic, you fell on a lush soft pitch.

For the goal/non goal I also believed we had GLT, it's in the Championship FFS.
  • Options

Was only a few years ago when we had a useless twat giving a penalty and had no idea what was going on regardless of giving it!!
    There was the home game where they were given a goal after a penalty rebound that was 4 yards offside 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Croydon said:
    That was 100% in.
    I don't think the ball was completely over the line - impossible to see from the one away angle we have anyway. Leaburn barely appealed tbf
    Hard to tell for sure. But looking where his body was as he dragged it back I think it was. 
    Yeah it looked close, but until we see a better angle we can't say for sure whether the entire ball was over the line or not. Yet another reason we need to get out of this league!
  • Options
    Sometimes I think someone has put a curse on us.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Bottom line, that ball should’ve hit the back of the net. Shouldn’t have to have a discussion about whether or not the ball trickled over the line. 
    Who’s getting on Leaburn’s back?
  • Options
    New ref is tiny 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    what happened???
    Leaburn shot “saved” by their keeper but trickled behind him and towards the goal line. Keeper got back and pulled in in and lino couldn’t tell if it went over the line or not.

Lots on here saying it’s a definite goal but I’m not convinced myself.
  • Options
    The Mummy Returns Cursed GIF - The Mummy Returns Cursed This
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Who’s getting on Leaburn’s back?
    Nobody! I liked your post even! But I'm just preempting any criticism of his finishing in general 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roland. :neutral:

• Options
    Obviously have given Colchester a confidence boost. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    what happened???
    Leaburn shot “saved” by their keeper but trickled behind him and towards the goal line. Keeper got back and pulled in in and lino couldn’t tell if it went over the line or not.

Lots on here saying it’s a definite goal but I’m not convinced myself.
    All adds to the XG though  :D
  • Options
    Good GRIEF!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Why no sensors or cameras on the goal line, it doesn’t cost that much to install? Can’t rely on L1 officials to make these decisions.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

There was the home game where they were given a goal after a penalty rebound that was 4 yards offside 
    Got a feeling you're thinking of the same game as me.

Was our first year back in League One after relegation from the Championship - One of Dylan Levitt's few decent appearances for us
  • Options
    Fraser dive wins a free kick, quick free kick is awful and O'Connell has to foul his man.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Good GRIEF!!!!!!!!!
    Quoi?

• Options
    Am so glad I'm not a Lincoln fan

That siren before every bloody corner would get right on my tits!!

I thought I was hearing things when I heard it earlier
  • Options
    Trying to trigger Londoners post-blitz PTSD with that air raid siren is really poor form from Lincoln. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!