Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Exeter City | Tuesday 11th October 2022 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Garners gone from having a preferred formation and telling us Stockley et al suit his system and playing style in August to needing to find how best to use them all in October. 

Garnerball will be taking an extended break.

A solid 442, that slightly inverted line up.

Wollacott
    Egbo O'Connell Thomas Sess
    Clare Dobson Fraser
                                             Kirk
           Stockley Leaburn

McGillivray, Ness, Chin, Mcgrandles, Morgan, Payne, A&ekeeeeeeeee 

1-0 win.

(Or 9-0 with Aneke coming off the bench and scoring a goal all 9 cos he scores every 43 seconds he's fit or something)
    Ness played the full under 21 game on Monday so wont feature
  • Options
    Don’t think we should be rushing Aneke back we’re going to need him in the relegation battle.
  • Options
    Garner's gone from having a preferred formation and telling us Stockley et al suit his system and playing style in August to needing to find how best to use them all in October. (slow on the uptake is Gormless)

Garnerball will be taking an extended break. (thank Christ)

Wollacott
    Clare Dobson Fraser
                                             Kirk
           Stockley Leaburn

McGillivray, Chin, Inniss, Mcgrandles, Morgan, Payne, A&Eke 

Is how Gormless will probably line us up

He needs to swallow his pride/get real and drop the dreadful McGrandles in favour of JFC 
    Gormless will have pissed off Skintgaard enough already so has nothing further to lose by costing the muppet martinet a few extra quid. JFC's appearance money will be peanuts compared to Gormless's compo if/when TS loses his shit and emails his P45

All a lot of fuss about not very much as this dispirited and underpowered rabble huffs, puffs and pisses about to a lame defeat. The covered end will have sung itself hoarse "...sacked in the morning...etc" by the start of the 2nd half
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Garner's gone from having a preferred formation and telling us Stockley et al suit his system and playing style in August to needing to find how best to use them all in October. (slow on the uptake is Gormless)

Garnerball will be taking an extended break. (thank Christ)

Wollacott
    Clare Dobson Fraser
                                             Kirk
           Stockley Leaburn

McGillivray, Chin, Inniss, Mcgrandles, Morgan, Payne, A&Eke 

Is how Gormless will probably line us up

He needs to swallow his pride/get real and drop the dreadful McGrandles in favour of JFC 
    Gormless will have pissed off Skintgaard enough already so has nothing further to lose by costing the muppet martinet a few extra quid. JFC's appearance money will be peanuts compared to Gormless's compo if/when TS loses his shit and emails his P45

All a lot of fuss about not very much as this dispirited and underpowered rabble huffs, puffs and pisses about to a lame defeat. The covered end will have sung itself hoarse "...sacked in the morning...etc" by the start of the 2nd half
    So, there's still a chance of promotion then  ;)
  • Options
    Will be going but am dreading it. I have a feeling things are gonna turn ugly
  • Options
    Important we get the first goal I suspect.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Will be going but am dreading it. I have a feeling things are gonna turn ugly
    this - planning on going, but have absolutely no enthusiasm for it at all
  • Options
    0-2,  Aneke on after 75 mins and off again in the 82nd.

Garner post match: - “we took Aneke off as a precaution” “we are getting better, if Albies shot that hit Sam Bartram house had gone in, it would have been a different game.

Garner next Thursday: “Aneke, will be a bit longer than anticipated.

New manager in February “Aneke is back out on the grass”
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Garner talking today about improving the squad:

"If you're trying to build something or create something, the more tools you have and the better tools you have the easier that becomes.
    That's certainly a focus for January.”

Doesn't he think we've already enough tools in the team? :smile:

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/aneke-set-feature-v-exeter-garner-confirms
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincenzo said:
    I hear we can expect “You dirty northern bastards,” from the travelling Grecians 😂
    Exeter isn’t down south…
    It is on my map..... Unless I'm holding it upside down
    Yea was just a remark about the Plymouth/Exeter northern thing.
    Im in Plymouth you see.
    Ah. I'm with you now. I did wonder!
  • Options
    Going for a sneaky 2-1 win. No logic to it, I see the Grecians as favourites, but we are about due for a win, and tonight against a team doing what I guess we thought we'd be doing this year eill do the trick.

• Options
    .Vincenzo said:
    Vincenzo said:
    I hear we can expect “You dirty northern bastards,” from the travelling Grecians 😂
    Exeter isn’t down south…
    It is on my map..... Unless I'm holding it upside down
    Yea was just a remark about the Plymouth/Exeter northern thing.
    Im in Plymouth you see.
    Ah. I'm with you now. I did wonder!
    Bloody awful it is supporting Charlton here atm, The win over Argyle at home seems to have given justification to Olympic levels of gloating and patronising now, even someone overhearing the word "Charlton" jumps in and has a good old gloat!
  • Options
    Badly need a win, but suspect another frustrating 1-1 coming up.
  • Options
    Exeter playing without fear .. everyone expects them to finish bottom 4 come the end of the season so they can play with freedom .. which has already caught few big clubs out this season including winning at Barnsley at the weekend . 

I know we are going to have most of procession tonight just hope we take the chance when it comes , great if we can score  early that would settle everyone .. but patience is the name of the game 
    I hope the officials do their job correctly tonight and they don’t cost us points like in the last two games 
  • Options
    Garners gone from having a preferred formation and telling us Stockley et al suit his system and playing style in August to needing to find how best to use them all in October. 

Garnerball will be taking an extended break.

Wollacott
    Clare Dobson Fraser
                                             Kirk
           Stockley Leaburn

McGillivray, Ness, Chin, Mcgrandles, Morgan, Payne, A&ekeeeeeeeee 

1-0 win.

Midfield and defence playing too close together and Kirk seems way too isolated.......
  • Options
    Did we miss the boat with Matt Taylor? Might find out tonight.

Am going. F*** knows why.
  • Options
    Exeter at home just evokes memories of 2011.

I think it was a football for a fiver game and they played us off the park, scoring three.

God, if that happens tonight, I fear for what comes next...
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Matt Taylor manages Derby now so will be hard to gauge 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Rotherham 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The last Devon side to come here got their asses spanked!! More of the same tonight 👊
  • Options
    Exeter playing without fear .. everyone expects them to finish bottom 4 come the end of the season so they can play with freedom .. which has already caught few big clubs out this season including winning at Barnsley at the weekend . 

I know we are going to have most of procession tonight just hope we take the chance when it comes , great if we can score  early that would settle everyone .. but patience is the name of the game 
    I hope the officials do their job correctly tonight and they don’t cost us points like in the last two games.
    Yeah, bloody ref stopping the ball on the line with his arse and the lino pulling back Rak-Sakyi when he was clean through. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    The last Devon side to come here got their asses spanked!! More of the same tonight 👊
    Is that one of the packages in the West Stand?  Fook things have changed at the football...
  • Options
    Not sure I’ve ever been so unenthusiastic to drag myself to the Valley!  
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Vincenzo said:

Rotherham 
    Didn’t know that!
  • Options
    3-0. No logic to this at all as head says 0-2
  • Options
    Anyone know who Matt Taylor manages?

Apparently not...

This could be either the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end. 

Another 1-1 will just continue the staus quo and we will remain in dire straits.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone know who Matt Taylor manages?

Apparently not...

This could be either the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end. 

Another 1-1 will just continue the staus quo and we will remain in dire straits.
    Are you just naming bands?
  • Options
    JFC must have been dabbling with Mrs Garner, its the only possible option now 🙄 
  • Options
    Unchanged from Saturday... Not overly surprised, good to see Aneke is actually back
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!