Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tyreece Campbell (p8. May 2024 - signs new 2yr deal +1yr option)

Comments

• Options
    AndyG said:
    This lad is going to be mustard I think. 
    But sadly not for us when TS realises he's got another saleable asset on his hands.
    That’s the spirit mate 
    Realism until we get a new owner.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafctom said:
    Is Aneke injured again?

Still I see no changes.
    Aneke? Why? Tyreece replaced CBT. 
    Mate, it was an attempt at a 2Pac/Charlton crossover pun. Didn’t have the impact I wanted, but that’s the way it is.
    It was a bit of a hail mary. Oh well, keep ya head up. 
  • Options
    Think he did well but if he does struggle I’d say Keep Ya Head Up. Hopefully Garner will stick with him and we won’t see too many Changes. If he does flop though maybe he will get a transfer to LA Galaxy where he may find California Love 
  • Options
    promising debut, touch of the Saka's about him .. expect the agents/vultures to be flocking along to sign him up .. be nice to keep him for a couple of years and not have to sell him for a pittance
  • Options
    It did confuse me the other day, as i was sure he had played for us from the bench before. When everyone kept mentioning his debut, glad i wasn't going crazy probably meant full debut. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
  • Options
    Where does he play second half of home matches (assuming Charlton attacked the Jimmy Seed stand in the first half)?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It did confuse me the other day, as i was sure he had played for us from the bench before. When everyone kept mentioning his debut, glad i wasn't going crazy probably meant full debut. 
    He did play last season, but it was his first start and therefore his full debut.
  • Options
    He's lively but 2 starts in such quick succession was always going to be tough in Men's football. We didn't do that with Leaburn for some time.
  • Options
    Tbh I think he’s been one of our better players in the first half.
  • Options
    Hope his knee is not too bad as he has had some injuries there.
  • Options
    Did ok tonight but had nothing to aim at. All Kirk wanted to do was come short to him and crowd him out, instead of being in the box. 
  • Options
    We didn't give him the ball. Everything was back into the crowded centre rather than release him 
  • Options
    Not sure you can play him and RSK in the starting lineup……same type of player likely to give the ball up on the dribble…..
  • Options
    Thought he was our best player first half. More about than JRS. Assume he was injured. Hopefully not badly 
  • Options
    Hope he's put on rotation soon and not run into the ground. 

There's a player there but we'll burn him out if we play him every week. 
  • Options
    Clare at left back didn’t help, he was uncomfortable on the left, regularly cutting in and slowing the play down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    I am loath to criticise the midfielders as what do you do when nothing is showing for you up front? I think Garner needs to go back to the drawing board on how to set up in these situations. It may mean only playing one centre half and an extra midfielder. Firstly he needs to pinpoint the weak links and I think there were about four or five yesterday. I am thinking about the way we set up rather than specifically highlighting players.
  • Options
    I hope he doesn’t get too affected by being moaned at by Stockley all the time.
    I’m not talking about a captain’s advice, but always moaning at him for making the “wrong” choice!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    He was bright and skillful. Easy thing is to take out the frustration of the result/performance on somebody "new".

For his shot that hit the side netting, did you notice Stockley's delayed run square (once ball hit the side netting). It looked odd but meant he could have a nag that he didn't get a square ball. 
  • Options
    Liked that his first instinct in receipt of the ball was to attack. Looks a very promising talent.
  • Options
    I’m not talking about a captain’s advice, but always moaning at him for making the “wrong” choice!
    I did also see Stockley encouraging Campbell after trying something that didn't quite come off. 

Campbell does look as though he could be a very decent option coming off the bench (we have quite a few of those, don't we!) He looked pretty strong for a newbie and with the fragility of CBT, ought to get quite a few opportunities. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I noticed that last week. Campbell tried a clever through ball that didn't come off and Stockley started threw his arms up and moaned at him. Thought that was out of order considering he's the captain and it was TC's debut.
  • Options
    Not far off but not ready to start IMO. Should be getting minutes at the end of games in an ideal World.
  • Options
    Hopefully once CBT's back, that's what we'll do.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    We didn't give him the ball. Everything was back into the crowded centre rather than release him 
    MK's defensive line was so deep that it was near impossible to play a winger in behind their lines.

They did a top quality job in terms of keeping all of the play in front of them and that was primarily what limited our attacking threat to such an extent. Take the winning goal at Shrews, Payne got behind and the pullback to JRS unlocked the door. MK straight up weren't allowing that to happen.

The one and only time I remember us getting behind MK's line last night was Fraser's ball into Kirk. Kirk played a teasing ball across the six yard box but Stockley was on his heels and couldn't get to the tap in. It wasn't for lack of trying, give MK credit.
  • Options
    MK's defensive line was so deep that it was near impossible to play a winger in behind their lines.

They did a top quality job in terms of keeping all of the play in front of them and that was primarily what limited our attacking threat to such an extent. Take the winning goal at Shrews, Payne got behind and the pullback to JRS unlocked the door. MK straight up weren't allowing that to happen.

The one and only time I remember us getting behind MK's line last night was Fraser's ball into Kirk. Kirk played a teasing ball across the six yard box but Stockley was on his heels and couldn't get to the tap in. It wasn't for lack of trying, give MK credit.
    Campbell did get behind on a few occasions, but his final ball was pretty poor. I'm not sure he's ready to be playing too regularly but I didn't see Shrewsbury so maybe unfair to comment.