Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tyreece Campbell (p8. May 2024 - signs new 2yr deal +1yr option)

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    @AFKABartram if you saw a you tube reel of TC he would look a very exciting talent - I really like him, his movement is excellent and he was very effective when playing on the opposite side to JRS. I hope he flourishes under NJ
  • Options
    edited May 15
    addickson said:
    @AFKABartram if you saw a you tube reel of TC he would look a very exciting talent - I really like him, his movement is excellent and he was very effective when playing on the opposite side to JRS. I hope he flourishes under NJ
    Im hoping he’ll be back on track, if we sign someone either more experienced, who he can learn from, or another promising and up and coming youngster with as much, if not better than him player, who he can learn off of.

Im wondering if Nathan will change systems, and be more inclusive of TC, who got a bit frozen out, when we were in the midst  of a relegation battle, heck of a gamble selling CBT in January.

I don’t know if he has a lot going on , but he needs to get his mojo back, and a smile back on his face, can’t have helped having a cloud of uncertainty over whether he was going to be here or not next season, I felt the same way! 😂 
  • Options
    Pleased with this one.
  • Options
    As much as we all want (and rightly so) new players of high quality to be signed this summer, I am excited about the progress of our current players too.

Kanu's progress last season was very exciting, and feel confident with a decent summer, players like Campbell can up his game further. 
  • Options

There was a lot of excitement about signing Scott Fraser. There was hardly any excitement about signing Corey Blackett-Taylor. Fans get it wrong all the time when it comes to new signings.

There was a lot of celebrating when we signed Charlie Kirk.
    It’s very easy in hindsight to say these things, but prior to coming to us Kirk had a couple of very good seasons at Crewe and Fraser was one of the best midfielders in league one. Can only go on there previous games, it’s unfair to say fans get it wrong because they were rightly excited 
  • Options
    Out of interest, but if TC was on the released list at say Oxford or Northampton and we announced him this summer on a 2-3 year deal, would you be pleased with that signing? 

Something tells me his YouTube clip would look amazing so that would be posted and people would be delighted.  It wouldn't have featured any of the time Apples was with us.
    It probably would be mostly that time actually. This season he got one assist under Holden, one goal under Pearce and the other 3 goals and 6 assists under Appleton. He scored a proper rocket against Reading and put through a brilliant ball for Leaburn's goal, absolutely skinned his man for an assist against Wycombe, his run and cross against Lincoln was great. His highlights this season make him look like a proper player
  • Options
    Good quotes from Campbell and Jones in that article.