Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tyreece Campbell (p8. May 2024 - signs new 2yr deal +1yr option)

Comments

• Astonishing really. I genuinely didn’t think there was a player in there when his confidence was shot to pieces and he was leaping out of tackles and phoning it in.
    Definitely deserves to start. Well done TC
  • Always thought TC had the ability
    His confidence was shot to pieces under Appleton / at that time (Gills away) he needed a comforting arm around him and probably a loan away from the shit going on at the club at the time
    What we see now is someone who had bulked out and is fulfilling his promises under a manager who believes in him
  • His skill and ability has never been in doubt. Superb work these past few months from him and background staff who have clearly helped to improve his confidence and physicality. 

No doubt he will improve on last season's 2 goals and 5 assists in the league. 
  • It is interesting that Jones felt he could make Dobbo an attacking midfielder. He certainly seems to have worked out Campbell's best position. It wouldn't be a one way thing though, the player has to respond positively which Campbell seems to have done. Now it is a case of how far the lad can go.
  • Massive confidence boost for Tyreece that Jones could see more and wanted to use him in a different role. Plenty of pacy tricky wingers never come to much because it’s all they’ve got in their locker. They don’t offer enough often enough. Jones saw more and instead of marginalising him or moving him on brought him into the centre of his plans. Tyreece must feel ten feet tall. He’s obviously taken everything on board, put in the work and now looking like he’s first eleven. 
  • Massive confidence boost for Tyreece that Jones could see more and wanted to use him in a different role. Plenty of pacy tricky wingers never come to much because it’s all they’ve got in their locker. They don’t offer enough often enough. Jones saw more and instead of marginalising him or moving him on brought him into the centre of his plans. Tyreece must feel ten feet tall. He’s obviously taken everything on board, put in the work and now looking like he’s first eleven. 
    He needs to maintain it though and push on further even. The ball is in his court.
    He needs to maintain it though and push on further even. The ball is in his court.
    It is but he’s proved he can do it. He’ll certainly get dips in form, every player does but it’s looking to me like he’s got a good attitude and is smart enough to learn. Jones has completely transformed his role and attitude. I don’t think NJ allows players to coast. 
  • Sage said:
    His performances mean he deserves to start and it will send out the wrong message if he doesn’t, in my genuine opinion. He’s played himself into the team, it’s his to keep now. Let’s hope he continues this vein of form and kicks on. It’s a big year for him and it looks like he’s ready for the challenge.
    As I mentioned it would take a brave man to drop him. He has been our most consistent player throughout preseason and looks a real threat. 

However I’ve seen enough football to not be surprised if Godden will start next week, and I don’t think it would send out the wrong message if that was to happen. 

Wigan away in the league, is much different to Portsmouth at home in a preseason friendly, and I can see Jones going for the experience and combativeness of Godden (if fit) and bringing TC on later against tired opposition when the game opens up.

Either way, a good issue to have. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The transformation in just a few months is quite astonishing. Never in a million years did I have him down as a player who would be muscling players off the ball and even winning headers against center backs. 

Has clearly worked very hard in the gym over the summer. 
  • He is the type of player you want to bring on later when the opposing defense is tired to cause some panic with his pace.  I just don’t think he has that natural goal scoring instinct that you want as a starter on a team looking for promotion. I would prefer Godden starting in the short term until Miles gets back.  
  • Sponsored links:

• He is the type of player you want to bring on later when the opposing defense is tired to cause some panic with his pace.  I just don’t think he has that natural goal scoring instinct that you want as a starter on a team looking for promotion. I would prefer Godden starting in the short term until Miles gets back.  
    Kind of agree but he also tires out defences which creates space for Aneke and Godden when they come on. Plus he had Santos on toast today which is not easy 
  • Played well today. Indeed as an option he could play alongside Godden, as Godden is quite physical and decent in the air.
    Sort of misses the point, he’s part of the reason why the opposition defence is tired…
  • I repeat what I wrote last week, Wellens of Leyton Orient name checked Ty as a threat.

• seth plum said:
    I repeat what I wrote last week, Wellens of Leyton Orient name checked Ty as a threat.

Against Orient and now Bolton there have been a handful of times where there has been a loose ball, not in the best of positions, but the opposition has been closer to the ball than Tyreece - Each occasion, Campbell has used his pace to nip in ahead of their player.

His pace is such a weapon, just needs to fine tune it!!

Bolton were so lucky yesterday it was Adahme that led a counter instead of Tyreece
  • Dixon is quicker
  • edited August 25
    Dixon is quicker
    Can we really know that without seeing him play for us?
  • Still need to find his best position.
  • Still need to find his best position.
    As part of a rotating front three with Godden or Kanu and Leaburn.