Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tyreece Campbell (p8. May 2024 - signs new 2yr deal +1yr option)

1789101113»

Comments

• edited September 10
    wmcf123 said:
    Still need to find his best position.
    As part of a rotating front three with Godden or Kanu and Leaburn. 
    Wonder if Jones will use a 4-4-2 diamond at some point, give us an extra body in midfield at the expense of a CB. Could be a good option when we want to get back into a game or want to be more attacking from the start.
  • edited September 10
    After seeing him this pre season and since, I do think his best position long term is as a forward. He now has the muscle to match a low centre of gravity and his obvious pace makes him an absolute nightmare for centre backs.

He needs one goal and then he’ll be away - maybe it won’t be this season but by his mid twenties I could see him turning into a 20-goal a season man.
  • After seeing him this pre season and since, I do think his best position long term is as a forward. He now has the muscle to match a low centre of gravity and his obvious pace makes him an absolute nightmare for centre backs.

He needs one goal and then he’ll be away - maybe it won’t be this season but by his mid twenties I could see him turning into a 20-goal a season man.
    Maybe. I just feel that he naturally gravitates out wide from being a winger thus far in his career. We'll see if he can become an out and out striker, but I feel he'd suit being wide on a front 3.
  • After seeing him this pre season and since, I do think his best position long term is as a forward. He now has the muscle to match a low centre of gravity and his obvious pace makes him an absolute nightmare for centre backs.

Maybe. I just feel that he naturally gravitates out wide from being a winger thus far in his career. We'll see if he can become an out and out striker, but I feel he'd suit being wide on a front 3.
    I definitely don’t see him developing into a target man who can play up front on his own. Playing as the smaller man of a two, or part of a wide three, in the mold of May or BWP is what I was thinking.

Movement doesn’t necessarily mean you’re not a striker either - a huge part of Lyle Taylor’s game was drifting wide and getting on the ball.

I definitely don’t see him developing into a target man who can play up front on his own. Playing as the smaller man of a two, or part of a wide three, in the mold of May or BWP is what I was thinking.

Movement doesn’t necessarily mean you’re not a striker either - a huge part of Lyle Taylor’s game was drifting wide and getting on the ball.
    He could potentially be in the mould of a Saka type "forward" who is a bit like a striker and a bit like a winger but not totally one or the other (I'm not saying he's on that level to save you all any sarcastic lols.  ;))
  • Reminds me of Walcott where the player themselves was desperate to play the striker role, even if their skill best suited wing-play. 

Jones obviously plays Campbell up front because that's the formation we have and he wouldn't be able to play wing-back. Any team with Wingers in their formation would play Campbell on the wing. 
  • Reminds me of Walcott where the player themselves was desperate to play the striker role, even if their skill best suited wing-play. 

Jones obviously plays Campbell up front because that's the formation we have and he wouldn't be able to play wing-back. Any team with Wingers in their formation would play Campbell on the wing. 
    Disagree, if Jones didn’t think Campbell could play up front Campbell wouldn’t have been offered a new deal. Jones see’s something in him and it’s starting to work. He’s really hard for CB’s to deal with because he’s fast AND technical on the ball. His finishing could improve and a few positioning things that need to be worked on but they aren’t major. Pulling wide isn’t a huge issue, it’s a big strength of Leaburn’s for example. 
  • I think quite a few were relatively surprised that Tyreece was offered a new deal or at least that he’s now very much a key player for us. The good news apart from anything else is that he’s gone from being very fringe and not really a valuable asset to being a very saleable player should we ever decide to sell him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I expected Kanu’s game time to continue but TC has moved ahead of him, at least for now. Going to be interesting to watch how they progress this season, along with Dixon. Big opportunity for any of them to become a regular if they take their chances.
  • Scoham said:
    I expected Kanu’s game time to continue but TC has moved ahead of him, at least for now. Going to be interesting to watch how they progress this season, along with Dixon. Big opportunity for any of them to become a regular if they take their chances.
    Having all 3 will be such a benefit whenever any of them go out of form/get fatigued/get injured. Removes a huge amount of pressure and expectation if you have youthful rotation options that the fans really want to get behind 

I would love you to be right with this but I cannot see it. For me Leaburn and Kanu are more of a threat than TC and they are not 20 goal a season striker’s, 10-12 at best 

20 goal a season striker’s are hard to come bye and I personally feel we don’t currently have one on our books 
  • Scoham said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Still need to find his best position.
    As part of a rotating front three with Godden or Kanu and Leaburn. 
    Wonder if Jones will use a 4-4-2 diamond at some point, give us an extra body in midfield at the expense of a CB. Could be a good option when we want to get back into a game or want to be more attacking from the start.
    Something other than working the ball wide to Small would be good.

I would love you to be right with this but I cannot see it. For me Leaburn and Kanu are more of a threat than TC and they are not 20 goal a season striker’s, 10-12 at best 

20 goal a season striker’s are hard to come bye and I personally feel we don’t currently have one on our books 
    I think that all things being equal and Miles comes back the player he was then he’s capable of 20 goals. 

The potential is there for me. I’m not saying he will become that player, but I’m not ready to say it’s off the table yet.

He’s only 20 years old and he’s working under probably only the second manager after Ben Garner who’s shown real faith in him as a prospect.
  • edited September 10
    With Leaburn, TC, Kanu, Dixon, Casey and M'Bick  we have 6 young up coming attacking players who all have a chance to make it.  The issue we have is how to progress each of them without stifling any of them.  Would like to see 2-3 going out on loan in a couple of months or so for game time once the squad settles and Leaburn is fit/Dixon has been assessed more.