Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+POST-MATCH p13): Stevenage v Charlton Athletic | Tues 8 Nov 2022 (League Cup 3rd Rd)

Comments

• Options

Stockley, Morgan, Payne and Chin off.

Aneke, CBT, Kirk and Sess on.

🏆⏱60' 🔴 #stevenagefc 1-0 #cafc 🔵

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) November 8, 2022
  • Options
    If we could clone Chuks, we would be top of League One
  • Options
    Seems a flat performance. 
  • Options
    cheat code Chucks time :)
  • Options
    Chin, Payne, Morgan, Stockley off.

Sess, CBT, Kirk, Aneke on.
  • Options
    Of course we should bring Aneke and CBT on but if we did at half time and they got injured....

So we don't play them for the rest of the season because you can say that every week. 

Er, no. We play Aneke for 20-30 mins a game. It's not ideal but if you have not learnt by now that is all he can do then there is little point engaging with you. Aneke is not the issue, it is our complete lack of other options. 

CBT less sure as he can manage full games but I don't know how fit he is today.
    Well my view is to at least start with a striker who looks like he can score & then take him off after 60/70 mins. Because I know the odds on us winning if we don't score first. 
  • Options
    Kirk 😬
  • Options
    Aneke to score against his old club…

Always happens. It’s written in the stars surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    60 minutes,...time to unchain the beast..😈
    Cant you tell your missus to wait another 30mins?
    Some things are just impossible ...sorry
  • Options
    One Chuks in the first half and bring on the other one in the second, you're onto to something here. 
  • Options

64' 👏 Big save from Wollacott.

The keeper flies to his right to turn behind Rose's drive. #stevenagefc 1 #cafc 0

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) November 8, 2022
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We would need 3 one for each block of 30 minutes.
    We'd get 40 minutes of him

• Options
    Two more shots for Stevenage 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We would need 3 one for each block of 30 minutes.
    I'd wait until 60 minutes then bring all three on at once. Maximum power 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Of course we should bring Aneke and CBT on but if we did at half time and they got injured....

So we don't play them for the rest of the season because you can say that every week. 

Er, no. We play Aneke for 20-30 mins a game. It's not ideal but if you have not learnt by now that is all he can do then there is little point engaging with you. Aneke is not the issue, it is our complete lack of other options. 

Well my view is to at least start with a striker who looks like he can score & then take him off after 60/70 mins. Because I know the odds on us winning if we don't score first. 
    But that's ANOTHER striker which everyone knows we need.

Paying up Chuks contract wouldn't magic up extra money.  That's why no one takes your moaning seriously because your so keen to hammer home a point, which 99% off people actually agree with, you end up spouting nonsense.

For a FA you come across financially illiterate.
  • Options

Close. Jake Taylor not far wide on the half-volley from the edge of the area

🏆⏱65' 🔴 #stevenagefc 1-0 #cafc 🔵

• Options

Att 3,515 with 1,137 Addicks

🏆⏱66' 🔴 #stevenagefc 1-0 #cafc 🔵

• Options
    Stats paint a depressing picture. Not looking like our night, need to do something different in the next 20-25 mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't want him as our manager, but our team needed a Steve Evans bollocking at HT
  • Options

Just spotted Steve Evans for first time as there is a break in play for an injury to Norris. He's been very low-key tonight. #cafc

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) November 8, 2022
  • Options
    THERE IS NO EXTRA TIME IN THE LEAGUE CUP
    Thank fuck at this rate…
  • Options
    Sounds like we are getting battered? That right?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    We all know how this is going anyway.

Charlton win... Home tie vs Milton Keynes in the next round
    Stevenage win... Away tie @ Man City
    I think I’d rather play MKD than City to be honest.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

But that's ANOTHER striker which everyone knows we need.

Paying up Chuks contract wouldn't magic up extra money.  That's why no one takes your moaning seriously because your so keen to hammer home a point, which 99% off people actually agree with, you end up spouting nonsense.

For a FA you come across financially illiterate.
    My point is that we start with Chuks. Why wait until we are losing before bringing him on.....because ( we all know the rest).
  • Options
    We all know how this is going anyway.

Charlton win... Home tie vs Milton Keynes in the next round
    Stevenage win... Away tie @ Man City
    I think I’d rather play MKD than City to be honest.
    One step closer to the Final and Europe... I like your thinking Thomas ;)
  • Options
    Don't worry, I stop posting & go back to watching Sky.