Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+POST-MATCH p13): Stevenage v Charlton Athletic | Tues 8 Nov 2022 (League Cup 3rd Rd)

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Typical Charlton CUP performance, our first team getting turned over by a bunch of mugs from an absolute shitehole

• Options
    Anyhow I’m a celebrity’s just started, over to 103!
  • Options
    Don't worry, I stop posting & go back to watching Sky. 
    No  ...... please keep posting, Golfie.

It's the highlight of this thread.  :smile:

• Options

This is so flat. Quadruple changes haven't really affected anything yet

🏆⏱74' 🔴 #stevenagefc 1-0 #cafc 🔵

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) November 8, 2022
  • Options
    Yeah that doesn't happen to us in the league. Not like our last league defeat was against...oh hang on 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Of course we should bring Aneke and CBT on but if we did at half time and they got injured....

So we don't play them for the rest of the season because you can say that every week. 

Er, no. We play Aneke for 20-30 mins a game. It's not ideal but if you have not learnt by now that is all he can do then there is little point engaging with you. Aneke is not the issue, it is our complete lack of other options. 

CBT less sure as he can manage full games but I don't know how fit he is today.
    Well my view is to at least start with a striker who looks like he can score & then take him off after 60/70 mins. Because I know the odds on us winning if we don't score first. 
    But that's ANOTHER striker which everyone knows we need.

Paying up Chuks contract wouldn't magic up extra money.  That's why no one takes your moaning seriously because your so keen to hammer home a point, which 99% off people actually agree with, you end up spouting nonsense.

For a FA you come across financially illiterate.
    My point is that we start with Chuks. Why wait until we are losing before bringing him on.....because ( we all know the rest).
    Start him for one game and then lose him for six weeks, or have him on the bench playing 30 minutes and have him consistently available.

There's also a weird assumption that we are always guaranteed to concede first when Aneke doesn't play...
  • Options
    THERE IS NO EXTRA TIME IN THE LEAGUE CUP
    Thank fuck at this rate…
    And there was me thinking that we ideally clone the clone of the clone of Chuks so we had four for the next round.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Of course we should bring Aneke and CBT on but if we did at half time and they got injured....

So we don't play them for the rest of the season because you can say that every week. 

Er, no. We play Aneke for 20-30 mins a game. It's not ideal but if you have not learnt by now that is all he can do then there is little point engaging with you. Aneke is not the issue, it is our complete lack of other options. 

Well my view is to at least start with a striker who looks like he can score & then take him off after 60/70 mins. Because I know the odds on us winning if we don't score first. 

Paying up Chuks contract wouldn't magic up extra money.  That's why no one takes your moaning seriously because your so keen to hammer home a point, which 99% off people actually agree with, you end up spouting nonsense.

My point is that we start with Chuks. Why wait until we are losing before bringing him on.....because ( we all know the rest).
    I think I agree with your intention but you, I and everyone else knows that the owner doesn't share that intention and before you say 'he should' he simply doesn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

So it’s not a point then is it!  

Adding “...because (we all know the rest)” means you actually do understand why he’s played this way. Yet you still type the same thing every freakin’ game 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options

JFC coming on soon by the looks of it

🏆⏱75' 🔴 #stevenagefc 1-0 #cafc 🔵

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I feel that the quadruple is slipping through our fingers 😢
  • Options
    JFC coming on for Dobson. Can take a penalty too ..
  • Options

Dobbo makes way for JFC

🏆⏱77' 🔴 #stevenagefc 1-0 #cafc 🔵

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Typical Charlton performance, our first team getting turned over by a bunch of mugs from an absolute shitehole
    Hardly the case is it, our first team is an average mid table league one side and Stevenage are flying high in second place in league two

We were never going to roll them over tonight 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Typical Charlton CUP performance, our first team getting turned over by a bunch of mugs from an absolute shitehole

The gaffer obviously found a rolled up copy of the Charlton Athletic Cup Guide in a locker at Sparrows Lane.

• Options

Dobbo makes way for JFC

🏆⏱77' 🔴 #stevenagefc 1-0 #cafc 🔵

Yep, Dobson making way. Soon as he turned over the ball, Garner shouted down the line for Forster-Caskey to come back. #cafc https://t.co/ci6rSFnn70

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) November 8, 2022
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I feel that the quadruple is slipping through my fingers 😢
    League, Pizza Cup, FA Cup, London Senior Cup. Don't worry!
  • Options
    Seems we have the habit of playing to the ability of our opponents. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't worry, Forever. There's still 15 minutes plus Extra Time.

#NeedToWindupForeverAddickted   :smiley:

• Options
    Just hope the sub to take off Dobson isnt injury related.

Like the weather at the moment, doesnt want to stop fucking pouring for us if so
  • Options
    Same old same old
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    sam3110 said:
    Typical Charlton performance, our first team getting turned over by a bunch of mugs from an absolute shitehole
    Hardly the case is it, our first team is an average mid table league one side and Stevenage are flying high in second place in league two

We were never going to roll them over tonight 
    Fucks sake!  Join in the misery happy bollocks...

That's harsh sorry.
  • Options

OFF THE BAR! Inniss' header floats onto the woodwork

🏆⏱79' 🔴 #stevenagefc 1-0 #cafc 🔵

• Options
    Oof crossbar and a melee in the penalty area results in a free kick for a foul on their keeper.
  • Options

OFF THE BAR! Inniss' header floats onto the woodwork

🏆⏱79' 🔴 #stevenagefc 1-0 #cafc 🔵

78' - Wow. Crossbar, off the line, save, off the line, foul on Aaron Chapman. Boro still ahead. 😅

🔴⚫️ 1-0 🔵⚫️

📻 https://t.co/LIaxdyP9lY

— Stevenage FC 🔴⚪ (@StevenageFC) November 8, 2022
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

When was the last time Chuks impacted a game, like he does from the bench, when he starts?

Anyway enjoy sky I look foward to you saying exactly the same thing 10 on the post match thread, then 5 times on the Burton preview, 10 tines on that match thread and any other thread you can find...
  • Options
    Who turned out the light at the end of the tunnel……
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Don't worry, Forever. There's still 15 minutes plus Extra Time.

#NeedToWindupForeverAddickted   :smiley:

Hope you need to pee, just as you get comfortable in bed later on tonight!!!