Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shola Ameobi

MCSMCS
edited August 2007 in Other Football and Sports
Anyone ever heard thisdude speak, its really surreal! He has an proper african name, it says thats he was born in africa somewhere, yet he has a thick geordie accent. Seems a decent fellow too, loyal to his local side.

Just made me laugh!

Comments

• Options
    Youre a Ginge but dont speak like a sweaty..........
  • Options
    wait until you hear Iwelumo speak. Proper Glasgow accent very surreal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]wait until you hear Iwelumo speak. Proper Glasgow accent very surreal.

Cant wait for that, i think the fellow, Maclaren is it?? off of Porridge, he is ace!!
  • Options
    Mr McKay
  • Options
    no dude, this dude

Maclaren

lol
  • Options
    I'd completely forgotten about him! Iwelumo's pretty dark-skinned in comparison - will sound even weirder!
  • Options
    Lookin at that pic, he dont look like a black fellow does he! Praps he aint!

but i love people with wrong accents! Like that cricket bloke who is west indian, but is white but talks like a west indian, very odd!! And they say simple things aye!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Lookin at that pic, he dont look like a black fellow does he! Praps he aint!

but i love people with wrong accents! Like that cricket bloke who is west indian, but is white but talks like a west indian, very odd!! And they say simple things aye!!

Tony Cozier is the West Indian you're thinking of.
  • Options
    My old man (he of legendary status) used to for Jamaican Producers and said that when he was at a board meeting it used to really confuse him cos the white Jamaicans, who own the fruit farms and are 3/4 generation, talk with an accent, whereas the black Jamaicans he met tend to be educated in the UK or US and speak with posh accents.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Lookin at that pic, he dont look like a black fellow does he! Praps he aint!

cozier, thats the geezer, nice onbe Len me ol mucker. Hope your ok dood.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

cozier, thats the geezer, nice onbe Len me ol mucker. Hope your ok dood.

Not too bad at all thanks Ollie - looking forward to the new season now!
  • Options
    Aye to that len aye to that!
  • Options
    MCS stop using the word dood,it makes you sound like a right jockey.
  • Options
    I have a chinese friend in the North who has the thickest Bolton accent you have ever heard.
  • Options
    I have a German friend who lived in Cork for a few years and she speaks English with an authentic lilting Irish accent. Another German I know married a Welsh woman, and he speaks English with a taffy accent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]MCS stop using the word dood,it makes you sound like a right jockey.

north stand steve, leave it out it aint got feck all to do with you thank you very much, dood.
  • Options
    Do I smell a dood fight brewing?? ;o)
  • Options
    jockey
  • Options
    You dont even know me, yet you call me a jockey. If you dont like my posts, then block me, its easy, peasy!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ollie and dood go together like salt and pepper or Marcus and crumpet:-)

It's a Charlton Life institution and we would be worse off without it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldn't have put it better myself Len!
  • Options
    Thanks for the support chaps, you think you are having a bad day already and someone i dont even flippin know is on here giving it to me.
  • Options
    calm down you big jockey :-)

not heard 'jockey' before, love it. 'You pilchard' was always my favourite, RIP Mike Reid.
  • Options
    oi shorty i am calm thank you very much!

And echoe that re pilchard, my old best mate was called richard, and i called him pilchard! best word for sure. RIP Mike Reid indeed

And how have you never heard of Jockey, never heard of knob Jockey?? which is what steve was calling me!
  • Options
    Look chaps calm down it was all tongue in cheek when i originally posted,when you flew off the handle straight away I had to reply with the jockey phrase again.Afka Jockey is short for knob jockey which was first banded about when Lester Piggott got put away and people alledgedly said he would be a knob jockey.

MCS you dood away as much as you like.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Ollie and dood go together like salt and pepper or Marcus and crumpet:-)

It's a Charlton Life institution and we would be worse off without it!

LOl; great word, but only sounds right when used by MCS and Luva Luva.
  • Options
    MCS I don't think I have ever met you,are you the Ginger Hippy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]MCS I don't think I have ever met you,are you the Ginger Hippy?

You dont think you've met me?? Well i know i havnt met you!

Yes i am the ginger hippy, and one thats in a very bad mood today infact all this and last month!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]one thats in a very bad mood today infact all this and last month!

Football withdrawls Ollie! Dont worry Dooood. Only another week....
  • Options
    Whats up dood chill man whats appening.