Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shola Ameobi

Comments

• Options
    If Ameobi is the answer, then I'm not sure what the question is.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Wasn't there a rumour back in our Prem days that we would sign him? Anyway, I hope we do for no other reason than so we can sing the Hokey Cokey song.

Ohhhhhhh do the Ameobe
  • Options
    We need a player now. If not him, who.
  • Options

Answer
    'Signing which player would disappoint 'The Red Robin' the most, Lloyd Doyly or Shola Ameobi?'
  • Options
    1 in 6 goal ratio, can't wait!
  • Options
    Was he training with Bolton in pre-season ? If so hopefully he's retained some of that fitness. He's definitely worth taking a look at, and wages/fitness allowing could be a decent signing.
  • Options
    We need an alternative to Makienok. He might not be a goalscorer but a decent hold up player can help us keep possession and create more chances. Would add much more than another more poacher or pacey type that can't play alongside Watt, KAG or when fit Reza or Igor.
  • Options
    Hell, we're so lightweight up front i'd even welcome Kim Grant back, let alone Shola Ameobi.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1 in 6 goal ratio, can't wait!

Who's that ameobi or Big Mak
  • Options
    Bring on Shola.
    Whatever his shortcomings he's played most of his career in the Premier League albeit in mostly crap Newcastle teams.
    I'm sure he can do a temporary job for us in the Championship.
    In any case, Curbs liked him I believe.
  • Options
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2000–2014 Newcastle United 312 (53)
    2008 → Stoke City (loan) 6 (0)
    2014 Gaziantep BB 11 (4)
    2015 Crystal Palace 4 (0)

Has 10 caps (no goals) for Nigeria too.
  • Options
    Carlton Cole
  • Options
    11 in 21 for Newcastle when they won the Championship. Yes it was a few years ago, but maybe this is his level. I'd sign him straight away, yesterday showed how much of a presence we miss.
  • Options

Q. What name links Shola,Sammy and Tomi.
  • Options

Answer
    'Signing which player would disappoint 'The Red Robin' the most, Lloyd Doyly or Shola Ameobi?'
    Definitely Doyley. I can see how Ameobi could be useful to us. I don't get it at all with Doyley.
  • Options

Which good pro is available with experience of English football and who can offer us a physical presence up front that we are currently lacking and desperately need if KAG and Watt are our only fit strikers?
    Churchino scored yesterday......

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2014 Gaziantep BB 11 (4)

How many of those Newcastle apps were coming on as sub? Remember him being used as a "supersub" although I may be mistaken
  • Options
    He averaged more than a goal every other game in his one season at our level. I'm not really interested in his premier league record because we're not in the premier league.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

se9addick said:

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2014 Gaziantep BB 11 (4)

How many of those Newcastle apps were coming on as sub? Remember him being used as a "supersub" although I may be mistaken
    Holds record for the most sub appearance's in the Prem.

Prem experience in a very young team in a position where we need numbers should make this a good move. It is the hope that gets you: but at least we would be doing something to address the slide. Always thought he was an exciting player but a bit inconsistent.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

• Options
    We desperately need an out ball and someone to hold the ball up, we get it out and it comes straight back. Ameobi or Cole would be perfect, strength in depth is massive issue for us. Doyley & Ameobi would alleviate a lot of our current issues and take some of the pressure off the U'18's (however good they may be, they arent ready)
  • Options
    mak tweeted yesterday " full training done today,what a feeling cant wait to get back on #CAFC "
  • Options

mak tweeted yesterday " full training done today,what a feeling cant wait to get back on #CAFC "

we dont want to rush him back though, we did that last time and he had a few more weeks out!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Will Shola be in the team for tomorrow night?

C'mon Katrien, get the deal done!
  • Options
    SLP reporting that we will not be offering Ameobi a deal.