Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shola Ameobi

Comments

• Options
    LouisMend said:

SLP reporting that we will not be offering Ameobi a deal.

this is a pity .. sign him up .. we need an experienced player up front, even one who might not be 100% match fit
  • Options
    Would have liked him but will have to trust Guy's judgement
  • Options
    edited October 2015

LouisMend said:

SLP reporting that we will not be offering Ameobi a deal.

this is a pity .. sign him up .. we need an experienced player up front, even one who might not be 100% match fit
    By the sound of things, with Mak back in training, he's probably as near to match fitness as Amoeobi who has barely played in the last year
  • Options
    I guess it must have been wages, as I think Ameobi would have been great for us, same as Pennant.

But I kinda knew nothing would happen, if it wasn't for apathy I wouldn't even give a toss. Actually, and seriously, I dont.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I guess it must have been wages, as I think Ameobi would have been great for us, same as Pennant.

But I kinda knew nothing would happen, if it wasn't for apathy I wouldn't even give a toss. Actually, and seriously, I dont.

Well other clubs of a similar level to us have rejected Ameobi, so on this one I'm happy to trust Guy's judgement
  • Options

Greenie said:

Is Greenie going over to the dark side? : - )

ValleyGary saying he'll pick up his pitchfork and join the Antis if Luzon is sacked and now Greenie is less than 100%.

The ride just got a lot bumpier
    You're not wrong Henners, disappointed that RD has not expanded the squad given the injuries and league position. In no way do I want GL sacked, but I feel a bit more financial support from RD would have helped him.
    At the moment I just cant be arsed with wasting my time going to the Valley, I wont be there tomorrow and might not bother on Saturday, I'm very busy at the moment so that is part of the reason, but right now I dont have any reason to go to SE7.

• Options
    Greenie said:

That last sentence is seriously worrying
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Greenie said:

That last sentence is seriously worrying
    I guess, but unfortunately its multiplied by 3, cos my 3 boys cant be arsed right now, 'it doesn't feel like Charlton anymore' - and if Im being honest, they have a point, so thats 4 not going Tuesday and 2 deffo not going on Saturday.

None of us have even bothered watching the highlights of the game from Saturday yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm starting to see where people are coming from, however I knew deep down we would lose against Reading.

I'm strangely confident of our next game as I feel it looked as though we set out not to concede against Reading and as such we didn't waste too much energy going up the pitch the other way...
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Pennant would have been an excellent signing
  • Options

Most of our big wins over the years were in front of a small crowd on a Tuesday night; when so many had given up.
    Maybe just me, but this feels very much like Charlton at the moment.
    We just need one player to become a hero and put the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis and the pied piper effect will kick in and the crowd will drift back ?
    it's the hope that's killing me.
    Despair i can handle.

I think we will win tomorrow, and at home to Brentford. Ever the optimist ...
  • Options
    Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 28m28 minutes ago
    Shola Ameobi and Bolton thing back on
  • Options

Been announced as signed on a Short term deal by Bolton.

• Options
    Simon E said:

Been announced as signed on a Short term deal by Bolton.

Bolton willing to take the risk and pay the wages.
  • Options
    watch him now score 4 in 5 games (or something like that) and drag them up the league.....
  • Options

Don't understand why we even bother giving trials to these guys, suppose it's a bit like when you go into the Gucci shop, you do fancy getting something but when it comes to getting your wallet out you bottle it..

I feel its more like a Christmas shop... Your going in there with the aim of buying something and then you realise that your only actually in there because its Christmas and that you don't actually need any of the rubbish on offer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015

Don't understand why we even bother giving trials to these guys, suppose it's a bit like when you go into the Gucci shop, you do fancy getting something but when it comes to getting your wallet out you bottle it..

I feel its more like a Christmas shop... Your going in there with the aim of buying something and then you realise that your only actually in there because its Christmas and that you don't actually need any of the rubbish on offer
    Oh we most definitely do need some English league experience, 1 goal from our strikers in 8 league games is appalling. When other team's in our league have players like Darren Bent sitting on their bench - regardless of our budget's we have to atleast have some form of depth, some of our games we don't even have a striker on the bench - A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM FFS. (Can't blame unlucky injuries because Reza is never a wise fit to this league, Makienok has barely played in the last year, KAG is young and inexperienced & Watt is temperamental and plays a style of play that will attract bad tackles) It's all pointless saying, however, as Roland probably cares more about the brand of his toilet paper than this issue.
  • Options

Oh we most definitely do need some English league experience, 1 goal from our strikers in 8 league games is appalling. When other team's in our league have players like Darren Bent sitting on their bench - regardless of our budget's we have to atleast have some form of depth, some of our games we don't even have a striker on the bench - A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM FFS. (Can't blame unlucky injuries because Reza is never a wise fit to this league, Makienok has barely played in the last year, KAG is young and inexperienced & Watt is temperamental and plays a style of play that will attract bad tackles) It's all pointless saying, however, as Roland probably cares more about the brand of his toilet paper than this issue.
    this, this and more this!
  • Options

watch him now score 4 in 5 games (or something like that) and drag them up the league.....

He'll be lucky to get 4 or 5 all season, while I entirely agree that our squad is missing experienced UK based players, Ameobi isn't the answer.
  • Options

100% agree - I would have thought a sort-term contract for Ameobi and Pennant while we are going through this injury crisis would have been sensible.....using youth and potentially killing their confidence is a silly move and may well prove counter productive in the long term!
  • Options
    Our squad is where our pitch was a few seasons back.... threadbare.
  • Options
    Does that mean Bolton have Heskey and Shola up front now? Bloody hell
  • Options

More like a homeless person, who hasn't eaten for days, going into a food bank but seeing a donation box and legging it empty handed....
  • Options
    Come on as sub early on for Bolton and scored
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    But we don't need a big striker as we have a big squad and no injuries.

not as if he'd want to play for us, bet he'd be to big time to even come on trial.