Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+POST p 10): Charlton Athletic vs Stockport County (FACR2) | Sat 26th Nov 2022

Comments

• Options
    Wonder how many Charlton fans went to World Cup in Qatar?.
    Just got thinking that is why the stands are empty they are all at the World Cup!! Silly me!.
  • Options
    Ryan Rydel as looked very impressive for Stockport a lot of good crosses causing us problems … we are looking for a left back can play mid as well ..
  • Options
    Chuks survived a full 45 though
    There IS hope!

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Morgan is playing quite well. Even at his worst he is urgent 
    And he turns it around. 2-1.

A Golfie !!!!!!
    I thought you were going to give up using your attention-seeking phrase. It's become as stale as SISS did.
  • Options
    The big question is are we playing better or worse without Stockley?.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Chuks survived a full 45 though
    There IS hope!

IF he comes out for the second half.
  • Options
    Ryan Rydel as looked very impressive for Stockport a lot of good crosses causing us problems … we are looking for a left back can play mid as well ..
    He's not a left-back. Their left-back, who isn't him, did score though. Why am I engaging 
  • Options
    The big question is are we playing better or worse without Stockley?.
    Chuks has contributed well, so there's your answer 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Forest Green Rovers owner is a bit eccentric.  Nice nail polish. Being vegan obviously has a detrimental effect on your judgement.
  • Options
    Has anyone mentioned the Golfie yet?

We are in control but Lavelle is awful and as such they always have a chance. Fraser starting to gain control and Chuks wound up, so hopefully another one or two then the kids and DJ can get a run out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:
    Forest Green Rovers owner is a bit eccentric.  Nice nail polish. Being vegan obviously has a detrimental effect on your judgement.
    "I'm lost in a Forest (Green), all alone..."
  • Options
    The space we are giving their number 17 on our right is criminal, amazed this hasn’t paid off for them yet. 
  • Options
    Just shown the goals on the Beeb. Morgan was excellent!
  • Options
    Mistake on the BBC website, it says we have had five shots on target...  :D
  • Options

Our opener has now been credited as a Ben Hinchliffe own goal.

• Options

ATTENDANCE | 3,889 (925 County fans)
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Mistake on the BBC website, it says we have had five shots on target...  :D
    Must be including the warm up... ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    cfgs said:
    "I'm lost in a Forest (Green), all alone..."
    Think his judgement is way off I would have went with Bright Pink instead.
  • Options

• Options

46' | The second half gets underway at The Valley, County now shooting towards the 925 travelling supporters behind the goal (2-1). There's a change at the break, as Fraser Horsfall replaces Chris Hussey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who's the tannoy announcer, doesn't sound like Brian?
  • Options
    Who's the tannoy announcer, doesn't sound like Brian?
    Big Dave 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

What's the Phantom of the Opera doing on the pitch?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Morgan is playing quite well. Even at his worst he is urgent 
    And he turns it around. 2-1.

A Golfie !!!!!!
    I thought you were going to give up using your attention-seeking phrase. It's become as stale as SISS did.
    If we go on to win today I'll promise I'll never mention it again. 

I did used to only refer to League games for this but I'll humbly include cup games now as well.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

That's pathetic but credit to those who have made the effort. All down to Thomas Sandgaard #empty thevalley
  • Options

48' | Ollie Crankshaw collects on the edge of the area, but drags his shot wide of the upright (2-1).
  • Options

48' | Crankshaw again, cutting inside from the left flank and bending towards goal -Maynard-Brewer manages to palm it away. The ball comes back into the box, and Rydel sees a shot blocked (2-1).
  • Options
    They've gone 3-5-2, so we're struggling a bit, but I reckon they'll also give us counter attacking chances 
  • Options

50' | Fast start to the second half from County, Ryan Croasdale now seeing two shots from the edge of the area blocked (2-1).
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Credit to the 925 County fans, good turnout on a wet November day...