Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+POST p 10): Charlton Athletic vs Stockport County (FACR2) | Sat 26th Nov 2022

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    se9addick said:
    Think garner should bring in a defensive coach because he can’t get these players to defend and that might be because his not a very good coach defensively himself. 
    Not sure even bringing in the risen spirit of Bobby Moore as defensive coach could help much with a defence that has Sam Lavelle at the centre of it. 
    Exactly. Lavelle playing on the left (he’s bad enough on the right!) and Chin at left back. Almost impossible to not concede when that’s our defence and we invite pressure because we have no striker to hold the ball up. 
    I quite liked Chin initially and still think he’s a decent prospect, but he’s looked like a rabbit in headlights his last few games and if we need a left back I think recalling Clayden might be a better option 
    Clayden isn't starting regularly Bromley.
    I’m not saying he’s good, he’s not. But is he a better temporary fix at left back than Chin is? Neither are good enough but at least Clayden offers a bit going forward
  • Options
    Only us and gills going to replays then...... 
  • Options
    Only us and gills going to replays then...... 
    So live on TV I would imagine. Something to look forward to 😜
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Wasn't at the game yesterday and this isn't about Lavelle's match performance.

However, generally speaking I do wonder why we spent 200K on him.  The club website at the time said, 'The former Scottish youth international impressed Charlton’s recruitment team with his leadership, aerial ability and his ball-playing skills'.

Football fancast wrote at the time that his (Adkins) centre-backs have been some of the better performers. Akin Famewo (7.00) and Ryan Innis (6.78) both make the top five in the Charlton squad for WhoScored ratings out of all the players who featured in all five games.

Lavelle, meanwhile, averaged a WhoScored rating of 6.67 in his five League One appearances for Morecambe before the switch and averaged a score of 6.76 in 48 League Two outings the previous term. This suggests, on paper at least, that he will not come in and be an upgrade on what they already have available to them, as he has performed to a lower standard in the same division and in the league below.

We had apparently sent him back home on the day of his transfer after a last minute change of mind - only to conclude the deal later on in yet another change of mind. 

So it seems a bad mistake by a doddering recruitment team -  when both the talent spotter and the number cruncher - get it wrong at the same time.

A few days after the window closed, our friend Alan Nixon suggested the back-and-forth regarding Lavelle's transfer was because we had moved on to try and get Jason Kerr instead.
    When Kerr decided he'd prefer to go to Wigan, we had to go back to Lavelle and the rest is history.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Just saw the highlights. Yeah, either AMB screwed up massively for the final corner, or the linesman did. AMB shouldn't have let it get so close though

Just watched them myself. LOL there is no way that's a corner. Awful decision from the lino who's at least 40 yards away.
  • Options
    Think garner should bring in a defensive coach because he can’t get these players to defend and that might be because his not a very good coach defensively himself. 
    I've just watched the highlights, that last minute corner in particular:

I was aghast at the defensive shape defending that corner. Who was designated to defend the back post?
    It's just basics, defending a corner. Curbs must have been rolling his eyes.

It's unrealistic to expect the defence/keeper to win every incoming ball ........... in this instance, the Stockport striker that scored did excellently in his movement and timing to flick his header goalwards.

That's going to happen from time to time ....... but who was designated to defend the back post?
    A defender positioned on the back post and that header is cleared off the line.

• Options
    Stockport County vs Charlton. Big chance it's on Thursday on the TV.
    7.15pm ko
  • Options
    7.15pm ko
    Morecambe away 40  hours later. Righto.
  • Options
    7.15pm ko
    Morecambe would be moved to the Sunday I would guess
  • Options
    Flashscore showing the replay as being on Dec 6th 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    7.15pm ko
    Better not be... have got train tickets to return on the Saturday 🤬
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    7.15pm ko
    Maybe move Morecambe to Eltham, be easier for everyone 🤔
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
     i made a decision a few years back that i was done with these early round non events with a half shut stadium and normally a half baked side - i will always have a season ticket and attend proper matches but until this never ending cycle of shit and lack of investment  (grateful he saved us and all that aside) i will be running a bare minimum form of support - start doing well and i will be at the non events, the away games, the club shop and any other peripheral stuff but at the moment i'm reducing my exposure to all things charlton coz its just bloody depressing - if that makes me a bit of a fairweather, so be it, but i've got other things to do and just being loyal for the sake of it is daft. Respect to those who continue to go to everything but i think i've done my bit over the years and deserve some 'time off for good behaviour'.   
    Fans without a season ticket.......
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    probably already been said .. we are so weak to keep allowing so many deep into extra time goals .. NOT acceptable 
    Never mind @Lincsaddick another game we are NOT losing.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
     i made a decision a few years back that i was done with these early round non events with a half shut stadium and normally a half baked side - i will always have a season ticket and attend proper matches but until this never ending cycle of shit and lack of investment  (grateful he saved us and all that aside) i will be running a bare minimum form of support - start doing well and i will be at the non events, the away games, the club shop and any other peripheral stuff but at the moment i'm reducing my exposure to all things charlton coz its just bloody depressing - if that makes me a bit of a fairweather, so be it, but i've got other things to do and just being loyal for the sake of it is daft. Respect to those who continue to go to everything but i think i've done my bit over the years and deserve some 'time off for good behaviour'.   
    Fans without a season ticket.......
    ?? and your point is ??
  • Options
    Keep getting a pop-up with a girl with a huge booty and 360 degree camel toe,what the he'll is that about?.

• Options
    Seemed strange to me that Payne wasn't involved. Joint top scorer and as likely as anyone to set up the 3rd goal to kill Stockport off. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Seemed strange to me that Payne wasn't involved. Joint top scorer and as likely as anyone to set up the 3rd goal to kill Stockport off. 
    He did a lot of warming up
  • Options
    There have been some late goals against us over the past few years, but normally feel like they've come under some intense pressure from the opposition. This one was a sickener

Saturday was so disappointing. The only threat they had all game was set pieces, that didn't stop us from giving away silly free kick after silly free kick. Maynard Brewer could have done better to keep that ball from going to a corner. Wollacott gets that for example.

I felt we were sloppy in possession and played like we knew we were better than the oppo and didn't take the piss, but just wasn't at the intensity that we've played at this season. CBT had an easy pass to JRS, and the game is 3-1 and done. He hit the post, but if you're turning down that pass, you have to score. 

We could have done with an extra sitting midfielder and controlled the game. I like Garner but really could have killed that game off.

If they go up there and lose I'm going to be seeeeething.

I think I need some CBT after that tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    Although Morgan scored and played well, I would still like to see Payne in that role. If we are going to try 4-3-3 again then Dobson Payne Fraser is our best midfield in my opinion. With Forster-Caskey as the sub for Dobson and Fraser’s roles and Morgan for Payne 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    I wouldn't take that as set in stone just yet.

Most apps will put the game into their system on the most likely date as a placeholder and then later move it once officially confirmed.
  • Options
    7.15pm ko
    be a chance for a Manc stopover, allow the chaps to do a bit of Christmas shopping in the North West
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    I wouldn't take that as set in stone just yet.

Most apps will put the game into their system on the most likely date as a placeholder and then later move it once officially confirmed.
    Moved to the 7th for TV.