Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+POST p 10): Charlton Athletic vs Stockport County (FACR2) | Sat 26th Nov 2022

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Surely the replay can't be at the same time as the Wales match
    Thats this Tuesday, the replay will be a week on Tuesday / Wednesday
    Fingers crossed for the Wednesday. It's a ground I want to tick off but I won't miss the England match for it 
    Wednesday would make the most sense, there are no World Cup games on at all
  • Options
    Just what we need.  A replay against a team a league below. Unfuckingbelievable. 
  • Options
    Hopefully DJ will take his chance and push Kirk a long way down the pecking order. I've had enough of watching him. Could well have seen red for the lunge on the keeper 1st half. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Fingers crossed for the Wednesday. It's a ground I want to tick off but I won't miss the England match for it 

You won't miss any England or Wales matches whether it's on Tues 6th or Weds 7th.
    • Weds 7th & Thurs 8th are the scheduled break days between round of 16 and quarter final stages.
    • Tues 6th matches will be 1F v 2E (3pm KO) and 1H v 2G (7pm KO). Based on results from first group games, that's likely Belgium v Japan followed by Portugal vs Switzerland.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

You won't miss any England or Wales matches whether it's on Tues 6th or Weds 7th.
    • Weds 7th & Thurs 8th are the scheduled break days between round of 16 and quarter final stages.
    • Tues 6th matches will be 1F v 2E (3pm KO) and 1H v 2G (7pm KO). Based on results from first group games, that's likely Belgium v Japan followed by Portugal vs Switzerland.
    Nice. Someone said it was going to be the 29th but that did seem too quick a turnaround
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    cfgs said:
    My problem with how we play is summed up by the Stevenage away game, we tap it around for 75 minutes getting nowhere and should be two or three down. Then we panic, get urgency into our game and go more direct. Then we finally get a shot on target and score just before the end.

Sideways is ok if it eventually leads to something but for us it just leads to frustration.  Garner needs to mix it up more, we have to cross the ball more as well both Stockley and Aneke are good in the air.
    There was an earlier post on this thread that described us ...... as a "Poundland Barcelona".

Thought that was a good analogy !
  • Options
    Keep getting a pop-up with a girl with a huge booty and 360 degree camel toe,what the he'll is that about?.
    It's our new signing
  • Options
    Charles Clayden got dropped and loaned out after a couple of poorish performances, but as back up LB is he actually any worse than Chin? At least he's left footed.
  • Options
    We are total dogshit, I don’t know how anyone has the time or patience for it anymore.
    I admire the more positive among us, to be honest I’ve been done with this team since Bowyer left.  Not because I was a massive fan of his and he left at the right time, just not been enjoying the football since we got relegated from the Championship.  Even that season we finished 7th I thought we were poor.  Got worse since then and can’t see anyway out of it to be honest, no matter how many green shoots we look for 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, Aneke manage to last 60 mins & we scored 2 goals whilst he was on the pitch. Once he was subbed we didnt score again but conceded. 

Whilst I'm not saying all those are correlated it does seem to suggest he CAN start a match and last more than 30 mins.....and also not just come on for 20 mins when we are losing. 

As I've been saying for a number of weeks (and has taken a situation when we had no other options) that we could have at least tried this option before now. And we might have picked up points against Port Vale into the bargain. 
  • Options
    Good summary thanks Blucher
  • Options
    Gillingham got an injury time equaliser at Dagenham, so that's another replay
  • Options
    I was appalled that the ref didn't allow immediate medical attention when Sean Clare went down holding his face.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    When’s the replay?
    The live scores app is saying it’s on Tuesday (29th). Feels very soon, but not sure if things are a bit weird due to the World Cup 
    In the 1st round the replays were the Tuesday after if I recall correctly, so it's possible 
  • Options
    We should have been 5-1 up at 90 minutes 
    and we gave it away instead of parking the Bus.
    1250 Stockport Fans Turned up on a rail strike day and only 3800 or so total in the ground.
    says it all……….I very much doubt In front of
    8000 plus at Edgeley Park we will turn this shite around ……. But we live in hope 🤣
  • Options
    BG blames the linesman, needs to have a good look at himself, and once he can develope what appears to be a team going backwards to see out a game the better!
    Keep hearing about Lavelle and how poor he is and the striker issue, but the fact of the matter is there are players who will not develope if he keeps leaving them on the bench!
    How many games has Lavelle played as opposed to Deji and Kanu, the team needs these kids played, because once they have the confidence they will be really good for this club! 

We are going in one direction at present, and maybe we should give SCFC massive credit for turning up as opposed what we are producing, was JFC injured, if not why he is not starting or on the bench!
    Think they will be favorites to turn us over at their place! 
  • Options
    The 1st round replays were 10 days after the original games,

• Options
    BG blames the linesman, needs to have a good look at himself, and once he can develope what appears to be a team going backwards to see out a game the better!
    Keep hearing about Lavelle and how poor he is and the striker issue, but the fact of the matter is there are players who will not develope if he keeps leaving them on the bench!
    How many games has Lavelle played as opposed to Deji and Kanu, the team needs these kids played, because once they have the confidence they will be really good for this club! 

We are going in one direction at present, and maybe we should give SCFC massive credit for turning up as opposed what we are producing, was JFC injured, if not why he is not starting or on the bench!
    Think they will be favorites to turn us over at their place! 
    JFC injured Deji wasn’t on the bench today , they went for Mitchell. 

Baffled why Kanu wasn’t brought on when chucks went off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Only just realised that the Stockport manager is the bloke who snapped Martin Pringle's leg at Grimsby and effectively ended his career. Dave Challinor. 
  • Options
    Credit to Stockport who i thought had good mobility and a well balanced team overall. I was surprised we even gave them a game so, far from ideal, but not too deflated overall.
  • Options
    Wimbledon had a bigger crowd today.
  • Options
    So, Aneke manage to last 60 mins & we scored 2 goals whilst he was on the pitch. Once he was subbed we didnt score again but conceded. 

Whilst I'm not saying all those are correlated it does seem to suggest he CAN start a match and last more than 30 mins.....and also not just come on for 20 mins when we are losing. 

As I've been saying for a number of weeks (and has taken a situation when we had no other options) that we could have at least tried this option before now. And we might have picked up points against Port Vale into the bargain. 
    A big issue with Chuks leaving the field was that we then had absolutely nobody to hold the ball up to give the defence some respite. I thought the subs did fine, but after Chuks came off it was relentless pressure because even when we had possession it was only momentary. Letting in a last minute equaliser was gutting, but there had been a lot of a Stockport pressure from pretty much the moment Chuks went off. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Honestly blame the World Cup for us not being through. If this game was a fortnight ago there’s no way he’s giving 7 mins additional time. Thanks Collina 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Where are BG's post match comments? Typical as soon as I write that his comments are on the OS 😀
  • Options
    Painful. Was like a home game for their noisy support 

• Options
    Where are BG's post match comments? Typical as soon as I write that his comments are on the OS 😀
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/ben-garner-reflects-fa-cup-draw-stockport-county