Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+POST p 10): Charlton Athletic vs Stockport County (FACR2) | Sat 26th Nov 2022

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
     i made a decision a few years back that i was done with these early round non events with a half shut stadium and normally a half baked side - i will always have a season ticket and attend proper matches but until this never ending cycle of shit and lack of investment  (grateful he saved us and all that aside) i will be running a bare minimum form of support - start doing well and i will be at the non events, the away games, the club shop and any other peripheral stuff but at the moment i'm reducing my exposure to all things charlton coz its just bloody depressing - if that makes me a bit of a fairweather, so be it, but i've got other things to do and just being loyal for the sake of it is daft. Respect to those who continue to go to everything but i think i've done my bit over the years and deserve some 'time off for good behaviour'.   
    Dear Doucher, Try doing it the other way round. On balance, Cup games are far more eventful, more attacking, faster, tension. Excitment (and fear) .Its the league games that are dull as there is more reward for a draw. For as much as the result disappointed me yesterday  the game was packed full of incidents and goal attempts. Loved it. (sort of)
    football is generally duller everywhere now due to the over tactical formatted stranglehold the coaches seem to have on it - i agree a lot of the league games can be a bore - and garner's style is right up there in the borathon stakes but i must have somehow misunderstood these exciting cup games because i've been at all of them barring the last 2 years but can't remember the last exciting one - i think when we got knocked out at middlesborough was the last one that had a modicum of tension / excitement and probably the nineties for a home game - sheff wed or bristol city maybe? The game ain't what it used to be or mabye its just me?   
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    I was appalled that the ref didn't allow immediate medical attention when Sean Clare went down holding his face.
    He seemed to be holding his throat  when he started to get up, as if he had he had taken a blow there. Nasty - that choking feeling. I was also concerned the ref left him there for ? 30 secs, could have choked.
  • Options
    Quite a decent game to watch,thought Innis and Morgan were our two best players,Albie could have had a hat trick,but there you go.As soon as Chucks departed,we were very lightweight and I did fear that ever corner or set piece they had could result in a goal.,still think we will go through.
  • Options
    Went through most of the thread so hopefully not repeating:
    - Aneke tried to get himself booked for dissent after a non-foul against him, luckily Dobbo intervened
    - Ref had a weird bro handshake with a Stockport player after stopping play for a Charlton player down

I got there just before KO: gutted to have missed little big man Ivan's cheer.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Keep getting a pop-up with a girl with a huge booty and 360 degree camel toe,what the he'll is that about?.
    Go to Settings.

Go to ‘Take my previous viewing history into account when offering pop ups?’ 
    Select ‘Yes’. 
    That should do the trick.
  • Options
    Think garner should bring in a defensive coach because he can’t get these players to defend and that might be because his not a very good coach defensively himself. 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    sammy391 said:
    Leuth said:
    sammy391 said:
    Leuth said:
    sammy391 said:
    We do have quite a few brain-dead players don’t we!

can’t wait to see the back of Morgan, Lavelle, innis and a few others…
    Once again, a huge clear out in the summer needed- Sandgaard out as well too please 

so bored of watching this utter crap team, in this utterly wank league!

replay against Stockport, no doubt fielding a team of under 21s again, boring boring Charlton! 
    Morgan was our best player for fuck's sake. Were you even watching? And what did Inniss do wrong? 

Do you genuinely think both are good enough to play for us? 
    Innis is a complete donkey, who somehow has managed to not be injured this season. He’s a liability and an accident waiting to happen in general.

morgan just a football mercenary, nothing more than a cup game team player- and someone who has never kicked on in the multiple chances given…

shoddy to ‘play alright’ against a league 2 opponent- when they can’t do it against bottom of the league 1 teams

Fucking bullshit. Inniss is a class act. Morgan had a stormer today. 

He’s only at the clubs still (let along in the team) due to lack of investment and fuck all alternatives! 
    How elerewere doesn’t start today in front of him or lavelle God only knows! 

Morgan can have a stormer, it was against a team barely out of non-league, and will be dining out on that performance for another 5/6 games!

Absolute basket case of a squad, not helped by injuries and sheer incompetence ability wise from other players means we have to look forward to a replay up north in amongst pretending we have a chance of play offs when facing our own league opponents…

only positives today for me, was aneke starting and surviving. No idea why Kanu wasn’t fancied, nor elerewere 
    Elerewe had an absolute stinker in the week against Plymouth (as, in fairness, did the whole defence). He looks to have gone back alarmingly and I can well understand why he was nowhere near the team today. 

Potentially so, but considering lavelle is a main staple currently (due to injuries) and chin keeps getting a look in despite being so out of depths tells me that elerewere should get another chance! 
    Ness or Mitchell might currently be better options. 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    The other thing that would’ve made for a better match day would be to allow the north upper to be opened so that the drummer and singers can lead the singing together
    That post pretty much sums up what I hate most about modern day football.
    Should be spontaneous.
    Yes, but it isn’t and never has been, especially if you sit on the east stand 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Think garner should bring in a defensive coach because he can’t get these players to defend and that might be because his not a very good coach defensively himself. 
    Assistant Manager 49 year old Scott Marshall was a defender, had Arsenal, Saints and a number of EFL clubs on his CV as a player although I don’t recognise the name at all. Perhaps he wasn’t that good and why he had so many gigs 🤷‍♂️.

A different pair of eyes wouldn’t hurt but really yesterdays back four have played enough football to know the basics of defending which incidentally  should start from the front. The bottom line though is the personnel just aren’t good enough and you can take a horse (no pun intended) to water but you can’t force it to drink.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The problem I have is that we were playing at home to a 2nd division side who are 6 points off the play-offs in their division and it was a fair result. That is the level that we are at now.
  • Options
    The problem I have is that we were playing at home to a 2nd division side who are 6 points off the play-offs in their division and it was a fair result. That is the level that we are at now.
    The FA Cup always brings unexpected performances and results... So much so it's known as "the magic of the fa cup"
  • Options
    Not sure even bringing in the risen spirit of Bobby Moore as defensive coach could help much with a defence that has Sam Lavelle at the centre of it. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    sammy391 said:
    sammy391 said:
    Leuth said:
    sammy391 said:
    Leuth said:
    sammy391 said:
    We do have quite a few brain-dead players don’t we!

can’t wait to see the back of Morgan, Lavelle, innis and a few others…
    Once again, a huge clear out in the summer needed- Sandgaard out as well too please 

so bored of watching this utter crap team, in this utterly wank league!

replay against Stockport, no doubt fielding a team of under 21s again, boring boring Charlton! 
    Morgan was our best player for fuck's sake. Were you even watching? And what did Inniss do wrong? 

Do you genuinely think both are good enough to play for us? 
    Innis is a complete donkey, who somehow has managed to not be injured this season. He’s a liability and an accident waiting to happen in general.

morgan just a football mercenary, nothing more than a cup game team player- and someone who has never kicked on in the multiple chances given…

shoddy to ‘play alright’ against a league 2 opponent- when they can’t do it against bottom of the league 1 teams

Fucking bullshit. Inniss is a class act. Morgan had a stormer today. 

He’s only at the clubs still (let along in the team) due to lack of investment and fuck all alternatives! 
    How elerewere doesn’t start today in front of him or lavelle God only knows! 

Morgan can have a stormer, it was against a team barely out of non-league, and will be dining out on that performance for another 5/6 games!

Absolute basket case of a squad, not helped by injuries and sheer incompetence ability wise from other players means we have to look forward to a replay up north in amongst pretending we have a chance of play offs when facing our own league opponents…

only positives today for me, was aneke starting and surviving. No idea why Kanu wasn’t fancied, nor elerewere 
    Elerewe had an absolute stinker in the week against Plymouth (as, in fairness, did the whole defence). He looks to have gone back alarmingly and I can well understand why he was nowhere near the team today. 

Potentially so, but considering lavelle is a main staple currently (due to injuries) and chin keeps getting a look in despite being so out of depths tells me that elerewere should get another chance! 
    Ness or Mitchell might currently be better options. 
    Mitchell may develop into a good player. But if you saw his performance in the week against Plymouth you will realise he is a million miles away from playing first team football at the moment.

Maybe Ness might be worth giving a go.  
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Not sure even bringing in the risen spirit of Bobby Moore as defensive coach could help much with a defence that has Sam Lavelle at the centre of it. 
    Exactly. Lavelle playing on the left (he’s bad enough on the right!) and Chin at left back. Almost impossible to not concede when that’s our defence and we invite pressure because we have no striker to hold the ball up. 
    I quite liked Chin initially and still think he’s a decent prospect, but he’s looked like a rabbit in headlights his last few games and if we need a left back I think recalling Clayden might be a better option 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    se9addick said:
    Exactly. Lavelle playing on the left (he’s bad enough on the right!) and Chin at left back. Almost impossible to not concede when that’s our defence and we invite pressure because we have no striker to hold the ball up. 
    I quite liked Chin initially and still think he’s a decent prospect, but he’s looked like a rabbit in headlights his last few games and if we need a left back I think recalling Clayden might be a better option 
    Clayden isn't starting regularly Bromley.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    se9addick said:
    The midfield plays pretty narrow and Kirk doesn’t track back at all. Exposes our left back all of the time 

• Options
    edited November 2022
    NabySarr said:
    se9addick said:
    The midfield plays pretty narrow and Kirk doesn’t track back at all. Exposes our left back all of the time 

Agree 100%. A luxury player....without* many of the benefits of the luxury-side of things! 
  • Options
    Clayden isn't the answer at all.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    NabySarr said:
    se9addick said:

Agree 100%. A luxury player....with many of the benefits of the luxury-side of things! 
    You mean "without"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Clayden isn't the answer at all.
    He isn't the answer, but is he better than Chin as a makeshift LB, that's the question?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Simonsen said:
    NabySarr said:
    se9addick said:

Agree 100%. A luxury player....with many of the benefits of the luxury-side of things! 
    You mean "without"?
    I did mean without....thanks 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Keep getting a pop-up with a girl with a huge booty and 360 degree camel toe,what the he'll is that about?.
    Go to Settings.

Select ‘Yes’. 
    Thanks that has done the truck 👍
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Go to Settings.

Select ‘Yes’. 
    Thanks that has done the truck 👍
    The trick 
  • Options
    Strange that they have scheduled the replay for Tuesday the 6th so it clashes with the last World Cup round of 16 match, when there are no WC games the following day? 
  • Options
    Strange that they have scheduled the replay for Tuesday the 6th so it clashes with the last World Cup round of 16 match, when there are no WC games the following day? 
    Be surprised if those arent moved yet.

Seeing there has been no announcement from either club
  • Options
    Just saw the highlights. Yeah, either AMB screwed up massively for the final corner, or the linesman did. AMB shouldn't have let it get so close though
  • Options
    probably already been said .. we are so weak to keep allowing so many deep into extra time goals .. NOT acceptable 
  • Options
    well taken goal by Morgan (just seen the highlights)