Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+POST p 10): Charlton Athletic vs Stockport County (FACR2) | Sat 26th Nov 2022

Comments

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    Leuth said:
    sammy391 said:
    Leuth said:
    sammy391 said:
    We do have quite a few brain-dead players don’t we!

can’t wait to see the back of Morgan, Lavelle, innis and a few others…
    Once again, a huge clear out in the summer needed- Sandgaard out as well too please 

so bored of watching this utter crap team, in this utterly wank league!

replay against Stockport, no doubt fielding a team of under 21s again, boring boring Charlton! 
    Morgan was our best player for fuck's sake. Were you even watching? And what did Inniss do wrong? 

Do you genuinely think both are good enough to play for us? 
    Innis is a complete donkey, who somehow has managed to not be injured this season. He’s a liability and an accident waiting to happen in general.

morgan just a football mercenary, nothing more than a cup game team player- and someone who has never kicked on in the multiple chances given…

shoddy to ‘play alright’ against a league 2 opponent- when they can’t do it against bottom of the league 1 teams

Fucking bullshit. Inniss is a class act. Morgan had a stormer today. 

He’s only at the clubs still (let along in the team) due to lack of investment and fuck all alternatives! 
    How elerewere doesn’t start today in front of him or lavelle God only knows! 

Morgan can have a stormer, it was against a team barely out of non-league, and will be dining out on that performance for another 5/6 games!

Absolute basket case of a squad, not helped by injuries and sheer incompetence ability wise from other players means we have to look forward to a replay up north in amongst pretending we have a chance of play offs when facing our own league opponents…

only positives today for me, was aneke starting and surviving. No idea why Kanu wasn’t fancied, nor elerewere 
    Innis is probably the most consistently decent player we have at present……he has been playing well.
    Your comment regarding him is absurd fuckwttery.🙄
    If we were given the option of a solid CB replacement on a permanent come January, would you take it? 

I’d bite your hands off! Will be extremely disappointed should innis be here next season.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sammy391 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    sammy391 said:
    Leuth said:
    sammy391 said:
    We do have quite a few brain-dead players don’t we!

can’t wait to see the back of Morgan, Lavelle, innis and a few others…
    Once again, a huge clear out in the summer needed- Sandgaard out as well too please 

so bored of watching this utter crap team, in this utterly wank league!

replay against Stockport, no doubt fielding a team of under 21s again, boring boring Charlton! 
    Morgan was our best player for fuck's sake. Were you even watching? And what did Inniss do wrong? 

morgan just a football mercenary, nothing more than a cup game team player- and someone who has never kicked on in the multiple chances given…

Morgan a "football mercenary" ....... ?

Do you even understand what that means?
    How you can apply that term to a youth product that has spent all his career at one club, is beyond me.

More to the fact that he’s never improved himself/ability/consistency despite playing under 5 managers- all of which have seemingly kept him at the fringe of the squad! 

Perhaps mercenary was the wrong term, but still, a player who adds nothing to the team but somehow finds himself still able to put in so little very often

Morgan always busts a gut and always tries to make passes that other players shirk. 

He ends up put of position often due to covering others and his passes usually don't make it to their target because the target doesn't either come to the pass or run on beyond the defence. 

Of course he has some shite passes in him. And when they're bad it's undeniable, but how about we don't shit on players off the back of good and bad performances... 

Bad I understand but off the back of good ones is just weird. ...{meaning unique}...
    Agreed that you can question his commitment during the games, but he’s no better than a semedo type player. 
    A lack of ability/consistency covered up by the desire and gut busting seen somewhat often.

as a squad, all being well, we need to really kick on - and like the clear out in 2011, players like Morgan need to be shipped off, and an actual clean slate in the squad brought in 
  • Options
    Why do all our new signings end up injured? 

That’s what’s cost us all season so far.
  • Options
    When’s the replay?
    The live scores app is saying it’s on Tuesday (29th). Feels very soon, but not sure if things are a bit weird due to the World Cup 
  • Options
    How many last minute goals is that this season...2  ?  3  ?? And since the play off final  ?? A few in The Championship, most which were result defining.

Seems like we are cursed ever since Bauer scored in 90+4. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    When’s the replay?
    The live scores app is saying it’s on Tuesday (29th). Feels very soon, but not sure if things are a bit weird due to the World Cup 
    Suppose it has to be fairly soon with the third round early January. Same night as England v Wales then.
  • Options
    Feel again I have to question BG decision making .. it’s clear he don’t fancy Kanu or why would we play the last 20 odd mins with no striker . we really struggle in the 433 formation especially when they changed to 5 in mid ..

Only good thing is we are still in the cup and see who we get to see if it’s worth sending strong team , but reply is not what we wanted although it does take up Stockley banned game .

You could say it’s HT , but it’s going to be great atmosphere up there and most likey live on TV 
  • Options
    I think we all know how this tie plays out. 
    A midweek trip to the NW to replay a lesser team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    mattwils said:
    Pretty much our strongest team, at home, v a team in the non league last season. Brilliant!
    Whatever the performance, it's not "Pretty much our strongest team" with 9 players missing.

I think the point was that was the best team we have got (available), which is a problem isn't it.
    Fair enough, but best team we have available with 9 players missing is nevertheless, still a long way from our best/strongest team, surely?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    mattwils said:
    Pretty much our strongest team, at home, v a team in the non league last season. Brilliant!
    Whatever the performance, it's not "Pretty much our strongest team" with 9 players missing.

I think the point was that was the best team we have got (available), which is a problem isn't it.
    Fair enough, but best team we have available with 9 players missing is nevertheless, still a long way from our best/strongest team, surely?

Hope your not including Stockley in the best 11.
  • Options
    What’s Garner up to ? 

2nd half we were down to hitting them on the break. 

We ended up with CBT, DJ and Campbell up front. All of whom are as likely to hit the corner flag as hitting the back of the net. 

A kid who scored 40 plus goals last year sat on the bench. 

Don’t understand
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    mattwils said:

Hope your not including Stockley in the best 11.
    Or McGrandles, MacGillivray, JFC who has rejoined the witness protection program.

If everyone had been fit probably 3 or 4 of them start.  That's not that far away.
  • Options
    What’s Garner up to ? 

We ended up with CBT, DJ and Campbell up front. All of whom are as likely to hit the corner flag as hitting the back of the net. 

Don’t understand
    It was a bit dicey between when Aneke went off and DJ came on, but I thought DJ did well, held it up and released it well a couple of times. That wasn't the problem. The problem was we had to bring on the flimsiest left back of all time, and play Lavelle for 90
  • Options
    Thought we were the better team tbh and just needed to put the game to bed with one of those big chances at the end. We did invite them on to us too much though and I can’t really complain about the draw. 

Surprised about the meltdown from some though. It was a decent performance against a team who were up for it.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    What’s Garner up to ? 

Don’t understand
    It was a bit dicey between when Aneke went off and DJ came on, but I thought DJ did well, held it up and released it well a couple of times. That wasn't the problem. The problem was we had to bring on the flimsiest left back of all time, and play Lavelle for 90
    And all of our chances in the second half came from breaks - we win the ball quick transfer forwards and running in behind them- we weren’t looking for a front man to hold the ball up we just needed someone who could get into the box and score, and he was sitting in the bench. To be honest we could well have been 3-1 or 4-1 up by the time they scored their second. 

• Options
    We are total dogshit, I don’t know how anyone has the time or patience for it anymore.
  • Options
    Surely the replay can't be at the same time as the Wales match
  • Options
    The injuries are making us look very weak at the back and up front. Sean Clare is surely one of the most consistent players in a Charlton shirt. Also, shout out for Dobson and yes, we do look better when Jayden Stockley is not playing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Thats this Tuesday, the replay will be a week on Tuesday / Wednesday
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights - very poor defending again.

• Options
    Who was meant to be marking their bloke who scored? 
  • Options
    The other thing that would’ve made for a better match day would be to allow the north upper to be opened so that the drummer and singers can lead the singing together
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Leuth said:
    What’s Garner up to ? 

Don’t understand
    I admit I didn't see the game, so can't comment on Chin's performance, but was he that bad? I'm getting concerned that playing him often and out of position may be harmful to the lad's development now, not that we're blessed with options in that position at the moment.

Who plays LB for the under whatevers and wouldn't it make more sense to try them or bring in a free agent? If what you say is true, they couldn't be worse.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Thats this Tuesday, the replay will be a week on Tuesday / Wednesday
    Fingers crossed for the Wednesday. It's a ground I want to tick off but I won't miss the England match for it 
  • Options
    The reply should be on 6th/7th December which would not clase  with any England games. 
  • Options
    If CBT had squared it to Rak-Sakyi at 2-1 then we’d be through to round 3. Would like to see the goals back but Stockley may have been missed on defending corners. Aneke was an absolutely mile better than him up front though but he ran out of steam after 45. Hopefully he can do 60 on Friday 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Leuth said:
    What’s Garner up to ? 

Don’t understand
    I admit I didn't see the game, so can't comment on Chin's performance, but was he that bad? I'm getting concerned that playing him often and out of position may be harmful to the lad's development now, not that we're blessed with options in that position at the moment.

Who plays LB for the under whatevers and wouldn't it make more sense to try them or bring in a free agent? If what you say is true, they couldn't be worse.
     Chin is a right footed midfielder. Unfortunately he isn’t very tall. As soon as he came on Stockport started raining high balls in his direction which were easily won by this much taller opponent. 

Going forward he looks good, is quick and has a good engine. 

To me he is more of a wing back than a left back in a flat back 4 
  • Options
    The other thing that would’ve made for a better match day would be to allow the north upper to be opened so that the drummer and singers can lead the singing together
    That post pretty much sums up what I hate most about modern day football.
    Should be spontaneous.