Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• No Kent players but I know of at least one person on here who will be pleased with the BBC Team of the Year:

Lees (Durham)
    Libby (Worcs)
    Bohannon (Lancs)
    Westley (Essex)
    Rew (Somerset)
    du Plooy (Derbyshire)
    Dawson (Hants)
    Harmer (Essex)
    Clark (Surrey)
    Hutton (Notts)
    Porter (Essex)
    I did try and pick the bowlers for the lesser supported counties alongside him when I submitted my entry - didn't wanna give any of the 'big county' players more of a boost !!!
  • Leuth said:
    No play at Edgbaston yet, surprising that Trent Bridge wasn't affected
    The clue is in the names 'West Midlands' and 'East Midlands' and in the basic facts of UK geography
    Only 50 miles apart
  • I don't think Notts are bothered either way. They're just playing in the way you'd expect a team to play when their opponents are going for it.
  • Genuinely don’t think Middlesex are out of it, if they somehow set them 200, then notts will inevitably go for it. With both yadav and de caires as their spin options one suggests they are still in with a shout on a day 4 pitch 
  • When a bowler has taken two wickets all season, as Gilchrist has (for 380 runs), he must love it when he rocks up at the final game of the season to find that the pitch offers him no assistance whatsoever  
  • Middx are milking it at the moment - five or six risk free singles every over
  • No Kent players but I know of at least one person on here who will be pleased with the BBC Team of the Year:

Lees (Durham)
    Libby (Worcs)
    Bohannon (Lancs)
    Westley (Essex)
    Rew (Somerset)
    du Plooy (Derbyshire)
    Dawson (Hants)
    Harmer (Essex)
    Clark (Surrey)
    Hutton (Notts)
    Porter (Essex)
    There has been some discussion that it's a bit unfair having Div 2 players being judged alongside Div 1 players. Far easier to get runs in Div 2 than Div 1.
  • 50 up for Robson

97-3 off 18 overs for a lead of 79 with 79 overs left
  • Middx are milking it at the moment - five or six risk free singles every over
    It's like watching the middle overs of a 50 over match if they didn't have fielding restrictions
  • Kent certainly aren't going to be fulfilling their end of it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Higgins out, that's a big blow for Middlesex
  • If it stays dry and light I think there will be a result at Trent bridge. Could really do with Middx being 8 down at lunch. 
  • Leaning gets both lefty openers out. His offies are quite effective against left handers
  • Since I turned the Kent commentary off to concentrate on the other game, we've taken 3 wickets  :D
  • Tricky decision coming up for Middlesex. Do they risk an early declaration? They absolutely cannot afford to lose the game - a draw may be enough if we lose. Unless we get a few more quick wickets the chance of Kent winning seems remote.
  • Tricky decision coming up for Middlesex. Do they risk an early declaration? They absolutely cannot afford to lose the game - a draw may be enough if we lose. Unless we get a few more quick wickets the chance of Kent winning seems remote.
    ..and if by magic - a couple of quick wickets!
  • All all of a sudden the collapse is on. 3 quick wickets 
  • Leuth said:
    Kent certainly aren't going to be fulfilling their end of it 
    Hm! 
  • Simpson out!

So, effectively, Lancs are 32-3 with 70 overs remaining and Middx are 111-5 with 72 overs left
  • Sponsored links:

• Middlesex 5 down now 
  • Lancs 4 down with a lead of just 43 now
  • Leaning gets yet another lefty out
  • edited September 2023
    Billings posted yesterday that he was playing Padel Tennis at Roehampton in what he described as a "Big Tourno". Glad his job description and contract, as Club Captain, doesn't encompass supporting the team especially at what is a crucial time of the season.

Cook has been at pains to say that the captaincy situation is one that they will decide over the course of the winter and that there is no hurry to do so. That suggests that Billings will be fulfilling the remaining two years of his contract albeit that he might end up playing in The Blast only. 
    Shocking! I wonder if Zak is there?
  • Canterbury pitch turning into a bunsen just in time for the 4th innings…
  • edited September 2023
    Billings posted yesterday that he was playing Padel Tennis at Roehampton in what he described as a "Big Tourno". Glad his job description and contract, as Club Captain, doesn't encompass supporting the team especially at what is a crucial time of the season.

Cook has been at pains to say that the captaincy situation is one that they will decide over the course of the winter and that there is no hurry to do so. That suggests that Billings will be fulfilling the remaining two years of his contract albeit that he might end up playing in The Blast only. 
    Shocking! I wonder if Zak is there?
    Unlikely we will know as I don't believe that Crawley does social media. And even if he did, I'm sure he wouldn't be telling the world and his mother his movements just in case his loyalties to his employers and club are questioned. A subtle but important difference is that Crawley reaps his salary from England and Billings from Kent.  
  • Our main spinner Leaning has a rest, giving the part timer Chahal a few overs  ;)
  • The game at Edgbaston abandoned. Lancs confirmed in 5th, so can now happily lose. Please
  • I can still see Notts capitulating when batting