Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Slurrey win the title after Essex fail to pick up any batting points
    Booooooooooooooo
  • So, what’s the equation at the moment, are we staying up if both matches follow in the same vein?
    Yep - same result and we stay up
    Yippee, let’s hope I don’t regret saying that.
  • Don't bowl filth at Matt Quinn!
  • Middx have resorted to bringing on Sam Robson to bowl - 13 FC wickets in his 14 year career
  • 447-8 at lunch and a lead of 120

Notts 190-3 and still 176 behind
  • Northants finishing the season strongly. Drawing against Surrey, and now making Essex follow on. Could be Cookie's final innings
    😀😀😀💥💥
  • edited September 2023
    447-8 at lunch and a lead of 120

Notts 190-3 and still 176 behind
    We will win by an innings - doesn’t matter what the entitled tossers of Lords do.

Hopefully!
  • I’m in 2 minds - should Kent declare now, or bat it out ?
  • Sponsored links:

• If this is Alistair Cook’s final match, he’s had a real shocker 😳
  • Never seen a bowler bowl pace at one batsman and spin at the other in the same over
  • Quinn caught off yet another no ball
  • Leuth said:
    Never seen a bowler bowl pace at one batsman and spin at the other in the same over
    Bailey did that yesterday. Spin to Compton and pace to Denly (I think it was Denly at the other end at the time).
  • Leuth said:
    Never seen a bowler bowl pace at one batsman and spin at the other in the same over
    I think Beau Webster might have done that in the Big Bash
  • 471-9

Quinn out for a very useful 22
  • So as it stands, are we 3 points ahead? Same batting points but Middx have only 1 bowling point?

Does their game look like it is likely to be draw? I guess the status at close of play will tell us a lot more.

Even if they get the 3 bowling points, we are still 1 point ahead so if they draw we need to draw or better. If they were to win, we have to win

If they look likely to draw, do we go for a safe draw? Thinking about some of our disastrous second innings!
  • I’m in 2 minds - should Kent declare now, or bat it out ?
    It won't last much longer anyway. Kent aren't prodding to survive
  • So as it stands, are we 3 points ahead? Same batting points but Middx have only 1 bowling point?

Does their game look like it is likely to be draw? I guess the status at close of play will tell us a lot more.

Even if they get the 3 bowling points, we are still 1 point ahead so if they draw we need to draw or better. If they were to win, we have to win

If they look likely to draw, do we go for a safe draw? Thinking about some of our disastrous second innings!
    We have 1 more batting point than Middlesex and (presently) 2 more bowling points. 

We started this round of matches 1 point ahead so are presently 4 points ahead which will reduce to 2 once Middlesex claim full bowling points.
  • Sponsored links:

We are actually 4 points ahead, as we got 4 batting points to their 3.

We are in the situation where we can go for the win, but if we end up with a tricky target, won't have to chase it unless a miracle happens at Trent Bridge, where Middlesex need 17 wickets in less than 5 sessions.
  • Yeah, Gilchrist was 2 places too high, haha
  • 494 all out

That'll do
  • 494 all out - Nijjar out for 42

Lead of 167

• Essex 23 for 5 2nd innings following on.

Where have Northants been all season.
  • Had a look at the pitch at Lunchtime 
  • Notts 240-4 and still 126 behind
  • LenGlover said:
    So as it stands, are we 3 points ahead? Same batting points but Middx have only 1 bowling point?

We have 1 more batting point than Middlesex and (presently) 2 more bowling points. 

We started this round of matches 1 point ahead so are presently 4 points ahead which will reduce to 2 once Middlesex claim full bowling points.
    As long as it is 1 point more than them after the first innings, we have to win if they do, can draw if they do - the issue if if they win and we don't or they draw and we lose

If their game looks like it is going to be a draw. it might change out tactics......

• edited September 2023
    Essex 23 for 5 2nd innings following on.

Where have Northants been all season.
    They've found form, while Essex are now mentally broken
  • Notts 240 for 5…..