Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Options
    am wary of the Middx game having an engineered finish though 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    Points deductions all round if this happens tbh. I don't think Notts will be in a position for this though; it'll be essentially a grind to survive Middlesex's fearsome attack which has seen them win so many games this season
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Points deductions all round if this happens tbh. I don't think Notts will be in a position for this though; it'll be essentially a grind to survive Middlesex's fearsome attack which has seen them win so many games this season
    Without Mutragh too who has taken 30 wickets at 20.63 including 8-102 in the last match
  • Options
    Interesting that the 3 best batting scores in Div 1 are from the bottom 3 sides. 

Northants seem to got a bit of form just too late, getting a very good draw against Surrey last week, and having Essex in trouble this week, both being against title chasing teams.
  • Options
    Forecasts I see is rain at Canterbury on Friday but set fair at Nottingham now, which is a worry. 
  • Options
    Commenting on Friday's forecast for Canterbury, BBC have just shown the map , with a bit of rain early on in the South East corner but NOT after around 11am. 

Fingers crossed it's not a " Michael Fish moment" ! 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/66930731

I hadn't realised that the over in which Blatherwick bowled 2 beamers was still the same over where he got Compton out and legitimately struck Denly on the helmet before the bad light interruption!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Is that possible and how might that play out?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Is that possible and how might that play out?
    I'm not so much concerned about an engineered result as I might be that the Notts players end up being "demob happy" with so little to play for and the end of a long season within touching distance. Lancashire might be in the same frame of mind but for the fact that they just don't lose games - one all season - and drawing matches is very much a way of life for them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Notts recovered from 35-2 to 92-2, suggesting that they are batting "properly".

I think most sports people have a sense of professionalism as well, so that even if they don't give "110%", they still put in an acceptable performance. 
  • Options
    350 up from a no ball  :D
  • Options
    Notts recovered from 35-2 to 92-2, suggesting that they are batting "properly".

I think most sports people have a sense of professionalism as well, so that even if they don't give "110%", they still put in an acceptable performance. 
    Not suggesting that it's a conscious thing for one minute or that Notts aren't trying to be professional but it's a lot easier to keep yourself in the zone and try that much harder when your destiny is at stake. One only has to look at Middlesex in securing more bonus points in one innings than their previous 13 and the fact that we are likely to secure one of our best totals of the season too. Notts have had 10 innings of 256 or less this season - Slater and Clarke look set but I'm not sure that the balance of their batting line up is that great.  
  • Options
    Finch out for 44

404-3

Denly 134*
  • Options
    Pardon my ignorance but is that another batting point ?
  • Options
    Yes, 400 within 110 overs is 4 points
  • Options
    Johnny Extras brings up his 50

24 in no balls!
  • Options
    Notts 151-2
  • Options
    Denly out for 136 off exactly 200 balls. A great effort.

414-6 and a lead of 87
  • Options
    414-6, both Finch and now Denly out now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Yes, 400 within 110 overs is 4 points
    It's all down to our and Middlesex's respective results since, as long as we match them, we will stay up. Our game is more advanced than theirs - whether that is a good thing remains to be seen although, with the prospective indifferent weather at Canterbury tomorrow, we should achieve a draw meaning that  Middx have to win.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Evison out for 12

428-7 and a lead of 101
  • Options
    Do we reckon Gilchrist, Quinn and Chahal play "rock/paper/scissors" for the number 9 slot? 
  • Options
    Gilchrist bowled for a duck

431-8 and a lead of 104
  • Options
    Gilchrist is not a number 9. He's not a number 10 either
  • Options
    Notts 169-3
  • Options
    So, what’s the equation at the moment, are we staying up if both matches follow in the same vein?
  • Options
    Have we ever had a worse, statistically, 9,10 Jack? 

Gilchrist (6.21)
    Quinn (10.61)
    Chahal (8.29)
  • Options
    So, what’s the equation at the moment, are we staying up if both matches follow in the same vein?
    Yep - same result and we stay up
  • Options
    Not sure that I understand this talk about Nijjar joining us. We have Parkinson (who will probably be a fixture in the side) and Qadri plus, no doubt, Denly Jnr, will be getting a contract and that's without Denly Snr and Leaning. It is rare for us to play more than one frontline spinner and surely our limited financial resources would be better spent on bringing in another seamer?