Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Some farmer called A Cook gets his 74th century. 
  • Cox out for 133 (198)

Agar has his second ever First Class 50. The partnership with Cox was exactly 100 for the 9th wicket and we need one run for a second batting bonus point

299-9
  • Rory Burns drops Arshdeep first ball and we get that second bonus point as a result of that
  • Rory Burns drops Arshdeep first ball and we get that second bonus point as a result of that
    Long haired prick
    Oi. Leave Arshdeep alone!
  • Agar caught by Sibley off Worrall for 51

301 all out from 41-5
  • Can't believe we got 2 batting points. This must be some kind of mistake.

Singh and Agar to tear through them now please
  • Well, that wasn't so bad after all ! 

LOVE young Jordan & what a great partnership with Wes ! 

Now it's up to our speed merchants & spinners to knock over the opposition ...but for how many ? 

Come on, Kent !!!
  • Surrey win this by an innings ! 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Surrey win this by an innings ! 
    You've gone from the eternal optimist to the eternal pessimist!
  • Sponsored links:

Long haired prick
    Oi. Leave Arshdeep alone!
    Meanwhile Burns is out to a top edge - caught at long leg by Quinn off Agar

18-1
  • Sibley, in an attempt to force his way back into the England team, is demonstrating his very own version of Bazball - one run off 27 deliveries to date
  • Well that was an enjoyable day
  • Nightwatchman Atkinson bounced out by Agar too - once again caught by Quinn on the boundary

18-2 off 10.4 overs at close of play
  • edited June 2023
    Big Wes hasn't been a spectacular success in the way that say Matt Henry was but he's been a lot better than some of the overseas bowlers we've recruited in the last few seasons. He is our top wicket taken in the CC with 14 wickets at 25.42 compared to say, Hogan, who has 7 wickets at 62.77. He's now averaging 20.00 with the bat too which, for a number 10, is more than adequate.   
  • A very good day for Wes Agar, justifying the decision to keep him on.
  • This is why there is no longer a Kent cricket week at Tunbridge Wells 

Until they replaced them in the winter, many of the seats at Canterbury were in poor condition...
  • Kent's forgotten white ball batsman, Alex Blake, scored 108 not out off 45 balls for Hayes against Kings Hill in a T20. For the club this season he has hit a total of 553 runs at an average of 61.44
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking at the Kent age group scores over the weekend one thing really did disappoint me. County age group teams have started to play some 100 ball games!

I was standing there on Saturday, and sat in those same seats after the game drinking my after match beer!
  • That looks very much like the cricketing legend that is Nigel Keess in the blue shirt - he's still playing for both TW and Kent over 60s
  • Pedro45 said:
    This is why there is no longer a Kent cricket week at Tunbridge Wells 

I was standing there on Saturday, and sat in those same seats after the game drinking my after match beer!

• Looking at the Kent age group scores over the weekend one thing really did disappoint me. County age group teams have started to play some 100 ball games!
    Yep my mates son played two against Middlesex he's u15 and they got butchered , I think he said Middlesex got 210 and one kid 110 in the first match !
    Yep my mates son played two against Middlesex he's u15 and they got butchered , I think he said Middlesex got 210 and one kid 110 in the first match !
    Just looked at the scorecards for those games - that Middlesex lad opened in the first game and got 37 off 16 and that innings that lasted 59 balls before Middlesex chased their target down. He was then "dropped him down the order" to 3 for the second match in which he scored 112 off 46 balls. So, out of 159 balls (26.3 overs in old money) that Middlesex batted for in the two games, that lad scored 149 runs in total off 62 of them leaving the rest of the squad to face 97 in total. One of his team mates batted in both innings - 0 not out off one ball in the first game and 1 not out off one ball in the other. That should put him nicely in form for the next match. Assuming that pad rash doesn't cause him to miss the game!

Prior to T20, county age group sides used to play 50 overs or, for the older ages, three or four day games. That allowed them all to develop as both batsmen and bowlers. When you play two 100 ball games that doesn't happen for most of the players. Why a player can't be retired in this shortened form of the game at 50 (and brought back later if 9 wickets fall) I really do not understand. 
  • edited June 2023
    Just looked at the sky card, it’s say rain stopped play? Is that correct. Yes it is, apparently a torrential thunderstorm struck, hoping for an 11:45 start.
  • Just looked at the sky card, it’s say rain stopped play? Is that correct. Yes it is, apparently a torrential thunderstorm struck, hoping for an 11:45 start.

• edited June 2023
    /
  • Fanny must be scared she's started her famous rain dance very early.