Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• And I know I spelt weather wrong 
  • Leaning caught behind for a single

168-4 and a lead of 324
  • Think Harry finch deserves a go over denly… how many is he averaging in the seconds, any idea ? 
  • I was wondering half an hour ago whether the pitch was now really easy, but the Surrey bowlers are showing that the seamers can still pose a threat, so that current lead of 324 won't be easy.
  • edited June 2023
    What a surprise Leaning out for a single, 169/4
  • Think Harry finch deserves a go over denly… how many is he averaging in the seconds, any idea ? 
    You imagine Billings will return for the next CC match on the 25th
  • Just seen the whether forecast. 
    Next two days torrential rain in Canterbury 
    The whether Kent will win or not forecast  :)
  • What a surprise Leaning out for a single, 169/4
    Poor Joe Denly is making it rather easy for Billings to come back in the next CC match - he has already been dropped once this season but now has 25 runs in total from 6 innings
  • Strange wicket.
  • Muyeye misses out on a great chance for his first ton. All the talent, he just needs to convert it into match winning performances.
    He has got to do that and I have often accused him of playing the wrong shot to the wrong ball such as in our first innings. Once he does do it though I'm sure that others will follow like buses. He's doing the hardest job in the book in opening and has averaged 32 this season doing so thee is plenty to build on.
    As an opener you'll sometimes get out cheaply, so when you're in you have to make the most of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    Cox now been given out gloving it in a bizarre fashion to Foakes. Have to say I don't see how he could have got near the ball

173-5 and a lead of 329
  • We have hit the panic button 
  • And DBD follows immediately immediately with a lazy cut shot 
  • edited June 2023
    147-1 to 173-6
  • A game of collapses
  • MrOneLung said:
    I just think our batsman would do better chasing a target of 200 than our bowlers defending a lead of 275
    Pessimist mode again. I'd be disappointed if we don't get 200 and a lead of 356

I might end up being disappointed 
  • 197-6 at close and a lead of 353

Evison 6* (14)
    Qadri  17* (26)
  • Qadri had the luck which Cox didn't get  :)

353 lead is pretty healthy. Tomorrow should be a really good day, I'm tempted to go
  • Kent succeeding in finding ways to make victory as hard as possible when miles ahead in the match
    Surrey aided and abetted by Cox getting savagely sawn off by some rank village umpiring - DBD's immediately giving his wicket away just typical of the depths to which this rabble so frequently plum 
    Leading by 353 with 3 wickets to fall and 2 days to play SHOULD leave Kent in the box seat
    We know one thing, there can only be a draw if the weather gets really freaky
  • Been an absurdly streaky partnership this. Couldn't happen to a nicer team
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Harry finch deserves a go over denly… how many is he averaging in the seconds, any idea ? You imagine Billings will return for the next CC match on the 25th
  • edited June 2023
    What a  find we have in Qadri !

Unorthodox, I guess but such a huge performance from the "little" warrior. 

What a fantastic advert for red ball cricket and how to enjoy playing it.

Fortune favours the brave summarises his cameo for me.

Long may it last !
  • Yeah, he's been great to watch. Nothing like a textbook technique (unlike Evison who looks like not just a real batsman but a very good one) but incredibly busy, and a pugilistic attitude in spadefuls
  • Arrived at the ground just after 12, wasn't expecting the partnership to still be unbroken.

Nice scoreboard pressure hopefully 
  • Leuth said:
    Also, how the fuck was Will Jacks England's Test spinner as recently as last winter? He's maybe very slightly better than me
    Leuth to play in the Ashes later this summer. 

You heard it here first. 
  • The way Qadri bats does beg the question why he's not in our T20 side. 
  • Leuth said:
    Also, how the fuck was Will Jacks England's Test spinner as recently as last winter? He's maybe very slightly better than me
    yeah he maybe very slightly better than you
    but he probably is very much better than you
  • Bit of a collapse since I arrived, but more down to us pushing on rather demon bowling. Slightly surprised we didn't declare after Qadri holed out
  • MrOneLung said:
    Leuth said:
    yeah he maybe very slightly better than you
    but he probably is very much better than you
    His batting might have a slight edge ;)