Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Just switched on the live stream for the first time this year - 291-9 when I started.

I've seen three deliveries thus far:

God, I love watching us against the Slurrey Brownshorts.
  • Just the 500 lead. Perfect time to get out, as Surrey will have at least 1 over before lunch 
  • edited June 2023
    Innings over - Matt Quinn loses his middle stump after a mighty fine exhibition of long-handle stuff, 37 off 17 balls.

Kent 344 ao, a lead of a nice round 500.

Over to the other mob to try and chase that down in five sessions ...
  • Burns out second ball!
    Slurrey in a hurry ...

They want a day on the beach tomorrow so trying to get it all finished today :)
  • Be nice for the Kent boys to have a day off tomorrow.

Top of the league, you're having a laugh!
  • Absolute schalacking 
  • Burns out second ball!
    The wanker spends more time combing his hair than he does practicing his batting. 
  • Sibley then tries to get Latham run out with a tight single...
  • bobmunro said:
    Be nice for the Kent boys to have a day off tomorrow.

Top of the league, you're having a laugh!
    We could do with a day off. Out tail could use the day teaching Denly how to bat!
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice to see they've done the ground up a bit. New seats and a wheelchair area

• Looking quite easy out there at the moment. Two batsmen happy to play old school cricket, we need to get the strokemakers in.
  • Surrey 50 up in the 24th over. Boycsball rather than Bazball!
  • I haven't had a chance to watch much today but have witnessed three dropped catches in the last hour - Cox standing up to Evison, Compton at leg slip off Qadri and now Agar at mid on, again off Qadri. To say Qadri looks unhappy would be an understatement, kicking the turf and giving Compton the death stare. I share his frustration especially as Qadri has struggled to establish himself in the side in the last two years following the arrival of Linde. 
  • 88 for 1 at tea.
    Kent are very strong favourites to win this but at least Surrey are showing more fight than they did first innings 
  • I have been following the performances this season of the players in the 2s. Finch has kept wicket in every game with a view to him doing so in the one day cup and has done so proficiently. He has also been batting consistently well. O'Riordan has been opening and had plenty of decent scores without converting too many but it doesn't look like he has recovered from his shoulder op sufficiently to allow him to bowl. Logan has been the fixture in the 2s for the last three seasons and unfortunately I really can't see Kent offering him a new contract. Bhuiyan and Jas Singh are very much "works in progress" and are likely to feature in the one day cup.  

The one player I really am a bit concerned about is Nathan Gilchrist. The lad bowled so well last season, so much so that he made the England Lions squad, but it appears that something isn't right. He has been injured but has now played 8 matches, either side of that injury, since the end of last season and has returned figures of 1-443. That is not a reflection of the lad's ability and I sincerely hope that injury isn't still holding him back.  
  • 88 for 1 at tea.
    Kent are very strong favourites to win this but at least Surrey are showing more fight than they did first innings 

Two perfect players for the situation. Wickets have tended to fall in clusters in the game, so breaking this partnership is key for Kent 
  • I haven't had a chance to watch much today but have witnessed three dropped catches in the last hour - Cox standing up to Evison, Compton at leg slip off Qadri and now Agar at mid on, again off Qadri. To say Qadri looks unhappy would be an understatement, kicking the turf and giving Compton the death stare. I share his frustration especially as Qadri has struggled to establish himself in the side in the last two years following the arrival of Linde. 
    Qadri should have bowled earlier. At least he's made things happen 
  • Looking ominous
  • The perfect scenario to give Qadri a long bowl, with men around the bat. Leaning needs to be more proactive 
  • Sponsored links:

In reality he probably should have had more games in the last two years but it is only now, with the need to employ two overseas quicks, that Linde has been left out for him. I can't see us offering a new contract to Linde but the reality is that we don't actually have any other potential frontline spinners at the club given what I've said about O'Riordan and Logan. So we've either got to sign one from another county (there is no one ready from the Academy) as an alternative to Qadri or get another overseas spinner in which case Qadri might find himself in the 2s once again. 
  • OK, the Brownies have had their fun for a couple of hours, now it's time to run the rest of the table before stumps tonight.
  • Get the fudge in! Latham finally is caught, and Qadri gets a wicket 
    And didn't Qadri look pleased with that hop, skip and jump! And relieved no doubt to get Latham at last. 
  • Get the fudge in! Latham finally is caught, and Qadri gets a wicket 
    And didn't Qadri look pleased with that hop, skip and jump! And relieved no doubt to get Latham at last. 
    Bless his you know whats!
    In reality he probably should have had more games in the last two years but it is only now, with the need to employ two overseas quicks, that Linde has been left out for him. I can't see us offering a new contract to Linde but the reality is that we don't actually have any other potential frontline spinners at the club given what I've said about O'Riordan and Logan. So we've either got to sign one from another county (there is no one ready from the Academy) as an alternative to Qadri or get another overseas spinner in which case Qadri might find himself in the 2s once again. 

Linde has been an awful signing, considering he was meant to be an all format player. 

Qadri Vs Smith is a good battle. Qadri needs to hold his nerve
  • Looking ominous

• MrOneLung said:
    Looking ominous

Normally at this stage in proceedings (or often a bit earlier!) we're pleading for Fanny to dust off the dancing shoes and start the engine on the Ark.

We don't need biblical levels of precipitation just yet so maybe Fanny could do a little "soft shoe shuffle" instead and bring on some cloud to help the seamers?

Just a thought ...
  • MrOneLung said:
    Looking ominous

Just the 358 runs to get 😂
  • Jamie Smith has looked really good since he arrived at the crease. Untroubled and with all the shots