Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• 36 ball 50 for Smith
  • I have been following the performances this season of the players in the 2s. Finch has kept wicket in every game with a view to him doing so in the one day cup and has done so proficiently. He has also been batting consistently well. O'Riordan has been opening and had plenty of decent scores without converting too many but it doesn't look like he has recovered from his shoulder op sufficiently to allow him to bowl. Logan has been the fixture in the 2s for the last three seasons and unfortunately I really can't see Kent offering him a new contract. Bhuiyan and Jas Singh are very much "works in progress" and are likely to feature in the one day cup.  

The one player I really am a bit concerned about is Nathan Gilchrist. The lad bowled so well last season, so much so that he made the England Lions squad, but it appears that something isn't right. He has been injured but has now played 8 matches, either side of that injury, since the end of last season and has returned figures of 1-443. That is not a reflection of the lad's ability and I sincerely hope that injury isn't still holding him back.  
    Marcus told me on Saturday that he will not bowl again for at least another ten months, so don't expect to see him bowling this season in Kent 2's!
  • Smith giving it a right slap. 
  • CHG said:
    Smith giving it a right slap. 
    He will hit one straight up in the air soon 
  • Qadri taken out of the attack far too quickly. It's not as if the seamers have kept the runs down against Smith.
  • CHG said:
    And clear the boundary 
  • I still don't think Sibley got that email from McCullum - 50 off 163 balls. Perhaps he's under instruction from Surrey to play for the draw. Can't blame them for doing that really. 
  • Another drop by Compton. Tough chance though 
  • I still don't think Sibley got that email from McCullum - 50 off 163 balls. Perhaps he's under instruction from Surrey to play for the draw. Can't blame them for doing that really. 
    He doesn't need to take chances, as Surrey have plenty of fast scorers at the other end. They're actually ahead of the required runrate at the moment 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Looking ominous

Normally at this stage in proceedings (or often a bit earlier!) we're pleading for Fanny to dust off the dancing shoes and start the engine on the Ark.

We don't need biblical levels of precipitation just yet so maybe Fanny could do a little "soft shoe shuffle" instead and bring on some cloud to help the seamers?

Just a thought ...
    Have to admit to being somewhat nervous as the runs are piled on and the catches dropped.....SO unlike Kent ! 

We can but hope that a good night's sleep for our boys refreshes the parts etc etc and tomorrow is another day, Scarlett ! 

Oh, and sadly, the key to that cupboard where my dancing shoes were secured, has been thrown into the long grass .... :'(
  • Sponsored links:

• Another drop by Compton. Tough chance though 
    Commentators didn't think so....and it wasn't his first.
  • CHG said:
    And clear the boundary 
    I walked into that one
  • A brilliant ton by Smith from 70 balls. Deserved a standing ovation, but he plays for Surrey so no.
    He doesn't need to take chances, as Surrey have plenty of fast scorers at the other end. They're actually ahead of the required runrate at the moment 
    This.
  • CHG said:
    And clear the boundary 
    I walked into that one
    Indeed. 
    You took a good right hook
  • Kent not bowling Qadri like they sense history in the making here
    This.
    Blimey I can't believe I've caught two - so far!
  • I dare say they rather needed that
  • Smith out for 114. A DESPERATELY needed wicket
  • edited June 2023
    Another late finish, the scoreboard has nearly 10 overs left 
  • Sponsored links:

• Boy did we need that wicket 
  • Think the next 2 hours will be critical 😀
  • Ridiculous that play will finish an hour after it should, I'm not aware of any overs being added on today?
  • Another interminable concussion test delays things further
  • Ridiculous that play will finish an hour after it should, I'm not aware of any overs being added on today?
    I agree 
    Can we have our wicket back 
  • Massive lbw appeal against Foakes. Umpire Alec Stewart doesn't give it.
  • Pitched outside leg

Seems absolutely insane that Qadri didn't bowl after Smith was out. Terrible captaincy
  • Leuth said:
    I didn't think I'd get to lol at Yorkshire this time around. Checked out when Derbyshire were 17-4 this time around. Just seen the scorecard. Not gonna lol just yet but please oh please 
    Pleeeeeease. 65 to win, 4 wickets, Malan crocked. Shan out first thing, boom done
  • Just walked past Rory Burns and 2 other Surrey players or staff in the centre of Canterbury. His hair was in a bun so not as ridiculous.
  • edited June 2023
    Just walked past Rory Burns and 2 other Surrey players or staff in the centre of Canterbury. His hair was in a bun so not as ridiculous.
    In theory, Roy and the other batsmen out can get on it tonight as the game is over for them

Edit burns not Roy 😬