Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• A wicket to Leaning

225-4
    And another ! 
  • edited July 2023
    238-5

Opener Yates is still there with a painstaking 91 off 237 balls. The bloke at the other end, Maxwell, isn't known for holding back when it comes to batting. 
  • Yates reaches his ton
  • 271-5 off 84 and a lead of exactly 100 at lunch

Yates 102* (258)
    Maxwell 31* (33)
  • 238-5

Opener Yates is still there with a painstaking 91 off 237 balls. The bloke at the other end, Maxwell, isn't known for holding back when it comes to batting. 
    42 off 27 from Maxwell since lunch, clearly now aiming to secure maximum batting points

326-5 off 93 
  • 238-5

42 off 27 from Maxwell since lunch, clearly now aiming to secure maximum batting points

326-5 off 93 
    Maxwell striding out to the crease at 225-5, already 54 runs ahead, is a perfect scenario for him.
  • 238-5

326-5 off 93 
    Maxwell striding out to the crease at 225-5, already 54 runs ahead, is a perfect scenario for him.
    And sadly he is just reinforcing what we knew already. That performance of our batsmen was awful given the conditions
  • Maxwell eventually caught, toe ending a very short wide one from Quinn to Cox for 81 off 67

349-6 and a lead of 178

Yates 129* off exactly 300
  • Maxwell eventually caught, toe ending a very short wide one from Quinn to Cox for 81 off 67

349-6 and a lead of 178

I would declare, bowl kent out tonight and have two days off
  • 373-6 and a lead of 202
  • Sponsored links:

349-6 and a lead of 178

I would declare, bowl kent out tonight and have two days off
    I imagine they'll think about it when they get to 450 and max batting points...
  • Ton up for Qadri
  • 442-6 at tea
  • Wicket to Quinn 

457-7

• 471-7 and a lead of 300

The one thing we do not want is Middlesex beating Northants. As things stand, Middlesex have a first innings lead of 57 with one wicket in hand

• Middlesex 277 all out for a lead of 58 over Northants
  • Going out on a limb here but we may have blown any chance of another win here. 

I can't believe this is what summer offers after a long winter of watching Charlton.
  • 549-7 declared for a lead of 378. We might just as well as asked Cox to take his pads off and bowl towards the end of the innings such was the ineffectiveness, on this wicket, of our bowlers. There can be no excuse whatsoever for a similar capitulation to our first innings now. 
  • As I say there can be no excuse as Muyeye shoulders arms to one from Rushworth and is bowled.

0-1
  • Sponsored links:

• As I say there can be no excuse as Muyeye shoulders arms to one from Rushworth and is bowled.

0-1
    Joy  :s
  • This is a complete humiliation
  • 55-1 at close. Still 323 runs behind

Compton 17* (39)
    Denly 29* (44)
  • If they can score 500 plus on the pitch so should we be able to.
  • LenGlover said:
    If they can score 500 plus on the pitch so should we be able to.
    We should. Whether we do is another thing. We need to bat for virtually two days now or hope that the rain intervenes. 

Meanwhile Northants finish the day 55-2 and are still 3 runs behind Middlesex's first innings total. 
  • LenGlover said:
    If they can score 500 plus on the pitch so should we be able to.
    We should. Whether we do is another thing. We need to bat for virtually two days now or hope that the rain intervenes. 

Meanwhile Northants finish the day 55-2 and are still 3 runs behind Middlesex's first innings total. 
    Fanny get those dancing shoes on both for us and Northants v Middlesex!!!!!!!!!!

Compton 17* (39)
    Denly 29* (44)
    Denly now averages more than 4 👏🏻 😂

Compton 17* (39)
    Denly 29* (44)
    He only needs another 4 in this innings and he will have scored more in this innings than he has previously in total this season in the County Championship
  • edited July 2023
    55-1 at close. Still 323 runs behind

Compton 17* (39)
    Denly 29* (44)
    He only needs another 4 in this innings and he will have scored more in this innings than he has previously in total this season in the County Championship
    How many innings before this one? I'm guessing 8  (32/4) but the average 4 comment was guess work
  • edited July 2023
    55-1 at close. Still 323 runs behind

Compton 17* (39)
    Denly 29* (44)
    How many innings before this one? I'm guessing 8  (32/4) but the average 4 comment was guess work
    Spot on - scores of   0,  5,  14,  0,  0,  6,  6,  1 & now 29*