Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread (+post p30): FA Cup R2 replay: Stockport v Charlton, 7th Dec 2022

Comments

• Options
    Stockport in from 11/10 to 8/11. The team news may have had something to do with that. What have we become?
    The same as we were last week.

And the week before that.

And most of the months before that.

Shite.
  • Options
    Notice no Inniss after his lengthy treatment on Friday night... Another for the injury list now?
    It's a cunning plan to force Stockport to create their own chances instead of us serving them up on a plate for them.

Doesn't help that we still have Calamity MacKeeper in goal though ...
  • Options
    New manager bounce? COYR
  • Options
    Surprised to see Martin Sandgaard hasn’t got a run out 
  • Options
    Jeez that team!
    Gonna hate this or faint clean away with surprise.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Scoham said:
    OS says 3-4-3

CM

Clare Lavelle Mitchell

Campbell Morgan JFC Chin

Payne Aneke Kirk

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/team-news-aneke-starts-fa-cup-clash-stockport
    I mean sure, why not?

3-4-3 was a formation that Garner never played, which is odd because I believe that's primarily what Swindon played last season, and it felt like we built a squad with an eye on playing 3-4-3 at least sometimes.

That said, with Campbell at wingback, you do understand why we haven't done it. We're just generally very short at fullback obviously.

This will be, if nothing else, literally a game of football. 
  • Options
    9-0
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    OS says 3-4-3

CM

Clare Lavelle Mitchell

Campbell Morgan JFC Chin

Payne Aneke Kirk

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/team-news-aneke-starts-fa-cup-clash-stockport
    So Southgate is the new manager!!

On paper, yes I know football isn't played on paper (nor a spreadsheet which puts me well above MS), 8 of those players should be good enough to get us through.  The fact the other 3 are 17 or playing out of position, in 1 case well out of, isn't not only great but even good.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A worrying defence up against Paddy Madden and a team that scored five at the weekend. We might score a couple but will it be enough?
  • Options
    Notice no Inniss after his lengthy treatment on Friday night... Another for the injury list now?
    Just rested for Saturday 
  • Options
    honestly knowing Charlton with everything that's going on  we will win this 4-0 at a canter... 

feel free to quote me and lol later ;)
  • Options
    Tbh almost looks like we're throwing the game. Verry disapointing. 
    This, though, I believe is Garner's selection. Was already set up and hard to change at short notice. 
  • Options
    Fucking Hell!

• Options
    Lavelle and Morgan are our weakest link.
    I trust the kids more than that pair of pricks. 
  • Options
    It doesn't matter who you're playing, you still need a left back and there's not one in that team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Obviously concentrating on the league with that lineup
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    The game is on ESPN+ for those in the US. I have meetings during it so will watch it tonight. Might subject my girlfriend to it. She's been loving the World Cup despite no previous interest in soccerball. I figure a Second Round FA Cup replay oop North on a cold and windy Wednesday is about as good an introduction to Charlton as I could give her. 
    Can't be any worse than Japan v Croatia. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    The game is on ESPN+ for those in the US. I have meetings during it so will watch it tonight. Might subject my girlfriend to it. She's been loving the World Cup despite no previous interest in soccerball. I figure a Second Round FA Cup replay oop North on a cold and windy Wednesday is about as good an introduction to Charlton as I could give her. 
    If you ever want that woman to sleep with you again.... DO NOT INTRODUCE HER TO CHARLTON!
    No, she needs to see this part of me so she can understand how miserable it is. Sharing is caring. 

I realize this is like the most fucked up version of the awful thing "The Game." Like, I'm negging her but not to impress her, but to make her miserable as well. 
  • Options
    Another 'manager' comes in and starts Morgan. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    Well that's that then...FA cup run ends tonight!

• Options
    Do we not want to get through and face Wallsall !!??!! Tbh can’t see us getting through this whatever team we put out - what’s up with CBT now ???? 
  • Options
    Lumped on us at 7-2
  • Options
    Switched on early...really enjoying Battlebots...will the game be as good....?
  • Options
    Surprise it’s on ESPN+ in US….more embarassing now my mates can watch it…..I am going to be getting some stick