Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Biggest ever session

edited December 2022 in Not Sports Related
I had a jolly boys outing yesterday to Rochester . I know it’s not big and it’s not clever but i drank 14 pints of Guinness 

The most I’ve ever had is 18 pints and 17 pints respectively over two days . 

So in the interest of research I wonder if people would share their biggest consumption over a day or respective days for an extending session 

Comments

• University football club "pub golf" (early 90's).

18 pubs, different rules and pars in each pub.

I went for broke and managed 13 holes in one before having to call it a day. I made it home, projectile vomited and woke up the next morning curled up on the communal kitchen table.

Happy days.
  • A disgusting vice.
  • Was in a band on a European tour, 14days leaving from our rehearsal place on Friday morning with a show that night, started drinking immediately and carried on until the Thursday night 14 days later.
    can’t remember numbers but we were given four cases of beer and four bottles of gin and red wine as our rider each show between four of us, which went each night; we generally saved the beer for during the following day but sometimes had to dip into our pockets if we ran out!
    im tee total now ✊🏻

My favourite rider was Motorhead’s: 4 cases of Jack Daniels, 12 cases of lager and cider, one loaf of bread and a pack of ham-apparently the bread and ham was always left untouched 😆
  • A disgusting vice.
    Of which you are a fully signed up member. 🤭
  • A disgusting vice.
    Of which you are a fully signed up member. 🤭
    Worst one of the lot from what we see on here…
  • Sponsored links:

• Don’t know about counting how much but once went for a midweek drink after work with a mate in Soho and ended up in a drug dealer’s house in Edmonton. Woke up asleep on a chair watching some randoms snort coke off a silver tray. Got up and left. Probably the biggest night out I’ve had. Still not entirely sure how I got there, over ten years ago now. 
  • Have never counted 
  • Anybody who states they had more than a ball park 10 pints is either blabbing or slightly obsessive about the wrong things in life! Unless they discovered the quantity via a receipt!
  • No definite idea, but at most Rock n Roll weekenders the drinking starts at about noon and goes on until about 2 or 3 AM, with a short kip and shower break of about an hour and a half. I would guess about twenty pints and two thirds of a bottle of wine with dinner. Three days of that.

Once did the pub golf thing and downed nine pints, down-in-one, in nine different pubs before going out in the evening.       
  • Some of the club 18-30 holidays we used to do in Spain and Greece were outrageous, as you’re actively encouraged to drink as much as possible any time you go out. Couldn’t tell you how many units would have been my most, but there would have comfortably been nights where it was an entire bottle of spirits. 

Only one occasion I can with confidence tell you the amount I drank was when ten of us did the Monopoly pub crawl around London. 

Rules are simple: A pint or half pint in every pub along the Monopoly route across a day. About a 14 hour challenge, and by the end of it could barely even stand up to order a beer, let alone read a map to find the next place. 26 pubs in total. 

All good fun back then, but from the age of about 30 onwards I don’t really drink that much now barring the odd occasion. 
  • cafctom said:
    Some of the club 18-30 holidays we used to do in Spain and Greece were outrageous, as you’re actively encouraged to drink as much as possible any time you go out. Couldn’t tell you how many units would have been my most, but there would have comfortably been nights where it was an entire bottle of spirits. 

Only one occasion I can with confidence tell you the amount I drank was when ten of us did the Monopoly pub crawl around London. 

Rules are simple: A pint or half pint in every pub along the Monopoly route across a day. About a 14 hour challenge, and by the end of it could barely even stand up to order a beer, let alone read a map to find the next place. 26 pubs in total. 

All good fun back then, but from the age of about 30 onwards I don’t really drink that much now barring the odd occasion. 
    Was thinking the same, we did it over 2 nights but a pint in each pub, great weekend.

About half of us carried on after the alloted pubs each night too so not sure of exact amounts but it's probably the one I can count the best.
  • One for holyjo and Guinness addick
    what’s the  morning constitutional make up of your 💩 like … I mean on the rare occasions I’ve drunk Guinness I’m wiping black 💩 forever from my sloppy arse 
  • edited December 2022
    Weddding in Ireland a few years back applemans cider. 

23 pints of it I done.

As we had a room was charged when we left so hence why I know the volume. 

Average charlton home game 

3/4 pints pre match in blackheath 
    1 pint ht
    3/4 pints afterwards watching the 5.30 game and home 
  • Sponsored links:

• No definite idea, but at most Rock n Roll weekenders the drinking starts at about noon and goes on until about 2 or 3 AM, with a short kip and shower break of about an hour and a half. I would guess about twenty pints and two thirds of a bottle of wine with dinner. Three days of that.

Once did the pub golf thing and downed nine pints, down-in-one, in nine different pubs before going out in the evening.       
    Hemsby early Friday start has ruined me a couple of times 
  • edited December 2022
    Completely forgot about 18-30 holidays. Had some great ones in Malia, Zante and Magaluf. 
  • Would regularly start at 2ish on a Friday afternoon and finish over the bagel shop in Brick Lane at 3 on a Monday morning. Only stopping for a quick cab home for shower and then meet in the cafe to start again.
  • cafctom said:
    Some of the club 18-30 holidays we used to do in Spain and Greece were outrageous, as you’re actively encouraged to drink as much as possible any time you go out. Couldn’t tell you how many units would have been my most, but there would have comfortably been nights where it was an entire bottle of spirits. 

I did the monopoly board a few years ago but got was refused service in the last bar somewhere near Hyde park so 25 drinks. Most were pints, then bottles, then shorts. 

Also 30 odd years ago, me and 3 mates had a week staying in Dymchurch and spent each day crawling around the pubs between Rye and Folkestone. One of my mates is OCD and would click something on his watch each time we had a beer.
    Sitting in the Yorkshire Grey on the day we came back he stood up and clapped, announcing we’d reached our centuries.
  • A well timed interjection from @scidbox I think.

• National Norwegian day in Edinburgh (it's a thing). Aquavit and beer for breakfast (proper hair of the dog, got hammered the night before as well) turned into an epic leo sayer... if you stopped, you'd fall asleep. Ended up in a cottage in the middle of nowhere having done a drunken treasure hunt, and accidentally dropped someone in a lake. Got covered in face paint. No idea how much I drink, but my pillow in the morning looked like Barbara Cartland from where I'd clearly forgotten to remove the face paint.
  • A mate and I were in Bangkok and stayed in the same bar all day and night - our bar receipt showed 76 bottles of beer and 4 Double whiskeys.