Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Biggest ever session

Comments

• Options
    A mate and I were in Bangkok and stayed in the same bar all day and night - our bar receipt showed 76 bottles of beer and 4 Double whiskeys. 
    Them drinks were for the ladyboys,  how many did you have?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    A mate and I were in Bangkok and stayed in the same bar all day and night - our bar receipt showed 76 bottles of beer and 4 Double whiskeys. 
    Them drinks were for the ladyboys,  how many did you have?
    I had 6 ladyboys I think - I couldn’t  be sure though.
  • Options
    Reckon mine might be last night of a lad's holiday in Crete at about 19, 20.

We were going out but we're deliberately keeping a bit of money back - taxi home, burger at the end of the night, flights weren't until about 6, 7pm the next day so food and drink rhe next day, £10 per room for late checkout to sleep in a bit, souvenirs etc, toblerone at the airport job....

We spent the absolute lot on alcohol (which was dirt cheap anyway) as well as whatever we'd taken for drinks in the first place.  Beer, shots, more shots, those shot race things, cocktails, tumblers of stuff that came out on fire, vodka slush things, everything.

Had to stagger about 5 miles home along a dual carriageway, then the next day we literally sat around for hours in about 40 degrees playing cards, hungover as f**k, starving, thirsty etc until some girls we got chatting to ended up buying us chips and letting us nap on their beds for a bit.
  • Options

We were going out but we're deliberately keeping a bit of money back - taxi home, burger at the end of the night, flights weren't until about 6, 7pm the next day so food and drink rhe next day, £10 per room for late checkout to sleep in a bit, souvenirs etc, toblerone at the airport job....

We spent the absolute lot on alcohol (which was dirt cheap anyway) as well as whatever we'd taken for drinks in the first place.  Beer, shots, more shots, those shot race things, cocktails, tumblers of stuff that came out on fire, vodka slush things, everything.

Had to stagger about 5 miles home along a dual carriageway, then the next day we literally sat around for hours in about 40 degrees playing cards, hungover as f**k, starving, thirsty etc until some girls we got chatting to ended up buying us chips and letting us nap on their beds for a bit.
    The end bit sounds exciting.
  • Options

The end bit sounds exciting.
    Sadly not mate, think we were well beyond any of that, and I can't imagine we were looking much good to them either!!
  • Options
    18 pints of Guinness is the most I can remember having but probably had more in a pretty much non-stop 24+ hour drink up on lads hols in Gran Canaria. Started at 4am in the mini-bus to the airport then a 6 hour flight delay spent in the bar. Ended waking up a day and a bit later with black hole in my memory about 16 hours long that I've never been able to fill. Good times. I think.
  • Options
    18 pints of Guinness is the most I can remember having but probably had more in a pretty much non-stop 24+ hour drink up on lads hols in Gran Canaria. Started at 4am in the mini-bus to the airport then a 6 hour flight delay spent in the bar. Ended waking up a day and a bit later with black hole in my arse about 16 hours long that I've never been able to fill. Good times. I think.
    That’s Guinness for you.
  • Options
    Biggest session?

Hmm, that would have to be the after party at the Page 3 girl of the year awards, 1993.
  • Options
    I have lived a very sheltered life. Probably 8/9 pints in an evening lol.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you can count them its not  a session, not you bollox bolder (-:  
  • Options
    cblock said:
    If you can count them its not  a session, not you bollox bolder (-:  
    What about if you had it written down in list form for the purpose of ensuring it was supplied to you?
  • Options
    Yeah easy call this and I've had some monster sessions 

2002 we were flying to Kavos on a red eye the Friday night, me and my mate Paul met up on the Thursday for a couple of quiet pints, kicked on through ending Friday morning, woke up at his place, walked back to mine after a pit stop for Stella and picked my shit up, back into the local for opening and stayed there, carried on, few more at the airport, plane then upon arrival in Kavos kept the part going, I was stopped, dead in my tracks after drinking a second pint of the local delicacy called headfucker. Everyone said, "no matter how good you are at boozing only have one of them" yeah, I had two. My run stopped with me asleep outside the room door face first in what appeared to be blood at first glance but was just vomit stained red from whatever on earth was in the headfuckers, this would have been about 4am on the Sunday 

To think how rough I feel after more than 4 pints now I do not know how I used to manage some of the adventures with booze I went on 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Carter said:

2002 we were flying to Kavos on a red eye the Friday night, me and my mate Paul met up on the Thursday for a couple of quiet pints, kicked on through ending Friday morning, woke up at his place, walked back to mine after a pit stop for Stella and picked my shit up, back into the local for opening and stayed there, carried on, few more at the airport, plane then upon arrival in Kavos kept the part going, I was stopped, dead in my tracks after drinking a second pint of the local delicacy called headfucker. Everyone said, "no matter how good you are at boozing only have one of them" yeah, I had two. My run stopped with me asleep outside the room door face first in what appeared to be blood at first glance but was just vomit stained red from whatever on earth was in the headfuckers, this would have been about 4am on the Sunday 

To think how rough I feel after more than 4 pints now I do not know how I used to manage some of the adventures with booze I went on 
    "Kavos on a red eye".  What is a red eye?

You should write a book, I do like your posts.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Have you read the book “The Secret DJ” ?
  • Options
    I accidentally quoted you twice. That's what happens on Thai bar bills, they accidentally put two beers down instead of one!

I think my heaviest session was at the Munich Oktoberfest. There from noon until close, for the evening session my mate and I squeezed onto a table in between two German groups. We ordered one litre each and a short time later another litre arrived, a gift from the group to our right. Not to be outdone, the group to our left also bought us a beer and this continued throughout the evening so we were drinking two litres for every one that anyone else was drinking. Horrible! No idea how many we drunk but this was on top of what we'd had during the afternoon. At least ten litres, about 17 pints, probably more.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I started to, or a similar book I think it written by an American though and I couldn't relate enough. I used to do a lot of DJ'ing and whilst most of my stories would be me moaning about pissed dickheads coming up to me and trying to talk to me about how they DJ as well and if they can have a go I'd imagine a lot of my more colourful stories would be variants of stories anyone who has spent any amount of time DJ'ing for money 
  • Options
    Always amazed at the sheer volume some people can put away and then not really suffer too much damage the next day.

I’ve always been very Charlton with my drinking, traditionally Championship standard, a few glory years, but very much lately heading towards League Two will little hope it will ever pick up again. 

Same here mate, never had a massive capacity for alcohol, even when younger. Was always the first one to wuss out and either go on soft drinks or throw up.

Getting anywhere near double figures in pints would probably finish me off now.
  • Options
    Remember when we were on Koh Phangnan and would have a bucket of Thai Whiskey - which was  bottle of Thai whiskey, two cans of coke and a red bull in a bucket with ice and drink through straws. 

We got talking to a Dutch couple staying in our hotel when our in one of the tree bars and he asked what we were drinking so we told him (they were quite popular drinks). Saw them a couple of nights later at full moon party, and he was properly fucked. Asked his girlfriend what he had been drinking and turns out he got the order wrong, and was having two bottles of whiskey, one coke and two red bulls and had been drinking it all night !! 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Carter said:

I started to, or a similar book I think it written by an American though and I couldn't relate enough. I used to do a lot of DJ'ing and whilst most of my stories would be me moaning about pissed dickheads coming up to me and trying to talk to me about how they DJ as well and if they can have a go I'd imagine a lot of my more colourful stories would be variants of stories anyone who has spent any amount of time DJ'ing for money 
    To quote Lemmy “The same things happen when you do the  same things”.
    apparently the secret DJ is Tim Sheridan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’d like to add an additional note of caution to my account.
    Whenever I came off tour and got home I would suffer badly with withdrawal and paranoia, and eventually I suffered depression as the need was just getting in the way of normal life so got counselling (thankyou’Help Musicians’) which lead me to need to be tee total. 
    Now it’s just Charlton giving me hangovers!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Remember when we were on Koh Phangnan and would have a bucket of Thai Whiskey - which was  bottle of Thai whiskey, two cans of coke and a red bull in a bucket with ice and drink through straws. 

We got talking to a Dutch couple staying in our hotel when our in one of the tree bars and he asked what we were drinking so we told him (they were quite popular drinks). Saw them a couple of nights later at full moon party, and he was properly fucked. Asked his girlfriend what he had been drinking and turns out he got the order wrong, and was having two bottles of whiskey, one coke and two red bulls and had been drinking it all night !! 
    Times have certainly changed. 
    When I was there, their weren’t any hotels and the full moon parties mainly consisted of mushroom omelettes 
  • Options
    Whenever I came off tour and got home I would suffer badly with withdrawal and paranoia, and eventually I suffered depression as the need was just getting in the way of normal life so got counselling (thankyou’Help Musicians’) which lead me to need to be tee total. 
    What was the name of your band ?

Sounds like you have had an interesting life !!
  • Options
    What was the name of your band ?

Sounds like you have had an interesting life !!
    Here you go: 
    https://youtu.be/CiboFtCuB-I

Interesting I guess, seen most things twice 😉
  • Options
    My stag do was 19 hours - I only got up the next day because it was mother's day.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    ive defo done a few 2 dayers, with and without substance. I am quite fortunate that i am ok the next day, for example an adult weekend in Butlins we can do midday - 6 am, i'll wake up 9 and get a drink and carry on, where others have to wait a few hours or need a bit more sleep. Not as common these days but i did go on a stag do earlier this year which started 6am Gatwick, finished 6am cab home, my mate was counting beers and i was the only one who stuck with him we had 24 pints and that doesn't include the mixers or shots we went onto. Think we had the boat party the next day and that was interesting :) 

Edit- The odd thing is I actually get drunk fairly quickly depending on food/tired, however I can just carry on where others have to stop. Dangerous on weekends away
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Can't remember when it was and can't remember how many, been so many! :)
    Oh and I love Guinness!
  • Options
    Always amazed at the sheer volume some people can put away and then not really suffer too much damage the next day.

I’ve always been very Charlton with my drinking, traditionally Championship standard, a few glory years, but very much lately heading towards League Two will little hope it will ever pick up again. 

Yeah, especially given the company you've knocked around with for the last 30 years of drinking time!  Literally most of them can do 11am til 2am without even thinking about it!
  • Options
    6pm and finished next day at 11.30am