Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Biggest ever session

13»

Comments

• Options
    I am the world's biggest lightweight.  A surprise given the size I've been in the past!  I drove a lot when I was younger and ended up being DES for more years than I care to remember so never really built up a resistance to the booze.

I'm on a sliding equilibrium between 3-5 pints now.

3 - I'm ok.
    4 - I'm reasonably ok but likely to fall asleep on the sofa as soon as I'm home.
    5 - Feels good at the time but always regret it.  Anything ranging from headache like a migraine, IBS can kick in, would feel sick on a train coming home from London.
    6 - Forget it.  Last time I done 6+ was when I was in the pub with @AFKABartram and friends back in 2016/2017ish.  Took me a good 4-5 days to feel ok again.

So given the small sliding scale, it presents a problem when going out.  If you assume 30 mins a pint, I'm done in 2hrs of arrival.  Met a mate off the train home last Friday.  Walked in the pub at 5, left at 7:30 after 5.  Asleep on the sofa by 9.  God help going out later.

Only manage a day at the cricket by drinking very slowly and maybe not drinking in a session.

Discovering red wine and G&Ts have been my saviour.  Never seem to feel ill on either, presumably because of the volume involved.

When I was younger I felt somewhat envious that mates could enjoy a night out without suffering the next day.  But on the other hand, I'm thankful because I probably would have ended up being an alcoholic!
  • Options
    I’d like to add an additional note of caution to my account.
    Whenever I came off tour and got home I would suffer badly with withdrawal and paranoia, and eventually I suffered depression as the need was just getting in the way of normal life so got counselling (thankyou’Help Musicians’) which lead me to need to be tee total. 
    Now it’s just Charlton giving me hangovers!
    What was the name of your band ?

Sounds like you have had an interesting life !!
    Here you go: 
    https://youtu.be/CiboFtCuB-I

Interesting I guess, seen most things twice 😉
    I would love to say I liked the music, but it’s not my scene I’m afraid 😳

I found a website called ‘Encyclopaedia Metallum’ and your music is described as ‘doom metal, occultism, horror’ - certainly a niche area !!

It also says the band started in Dartmoor - which one are you - please be the one on the right who looks like he’s about to rip the photographer’s head off 😃

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Whenever I came off tour and got home I would suffer badly with withdrawal and paranoia, and eventually I suffered depression as the need was just getting in the way of normal life so got counselling (thankyou’Help Musicians’) which lead me to need to be tee total. 

Here you go: 

I found a website called ‘Encyclopaedia Metallum’ and your music is described as ‘doom metal, occultism, horror’ - certainly a niche area !!

It also says the band started in Dartmoor - which one are you - please be the one on the right who looks like he’s about to rip the photographer’s head off 😃

Correct! I’d had enough by then😆
    Yes it was very niche…but it seemed to have a fanbase 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Options

Here you go: 

So are you all from the West Country ?

If so, how come you got lumbered with Charlton Athletic ?
  • Options

Here you go: 

Ask myself that every day!

yes all down here, not seen the others much  since we split though really, I’m from Slade Green originally, married a Plymouth girl.
    My Dad used to take me to games, I wanted to support West Ham but he wouldn’t let me!
    He’s in the memorial garden now.
  • Options

Here you go: 

Ask myself that every day!

yes all down here, not seen the others much  since we split though really, I’m from Slade Green originally, married a Plymouth girl.
    My Dad used to take me to games, I wanted to support West Ham but he wouldn’t let me!
    He’s in the memorial garden now.
    Ah - I see

Yes my Dad’s in the memorial garden
  • Options
     An addition to my previous post. Went to the pub with Hoppo after work on Friday with a few of the lads. I left them at about 1am. It's now Sunday evening and I just got a text from Hoppo's wife asking if I've seen him this weekend as he hasn't been home.
    Legend.
  • Options
    scidbox said:
     An addition to my previous post. Went to the pub with Hoppo after work on Friday with a few of the lads. I left them at about 1am. It's now Sunday evening and I just got a text from Hoppo's wife asking if I've seen him this weekend as he hasn't been home.
    Legend.
    He’s just been in bed with someone 😉
  • Options
    scidbox said:
    Legend.
    He’s just been in bed with someone 😉
    God help her/him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hoppo
  • Options
    See what you mean 😬
  • Options
    What sort of money are people earning if they can go on the piss for 3 days?
    I went down the club last Saturday 3pm till 9pm and done 50 quid.
  • Options
    I like a drink but the previous stories are way above me, thankfully.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    scidbox said:
    Hoppo
    Definitely not in bed with someone....would you?!
  • Options
    Most things are way above you
  • Options
    @scidbox did Hoppo ever get home?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Most things are way above you
    Unlike your gut.
  • Options
    @scidbox did Hoppo ever get home?
    He made it for Christmas 🤣
  • Options
    Just shy of 4 days back to back in Vegas… felt so bad at the end of it that I ordered a rehydration and vitamin Intravenous drip to the room as I thought I may actually have been dying
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A best ever 'non session' is on the cards for me tonight.
    I'm in Sao Paulo, a horrible gaff.  An absolute guarantee I will have an early night and be on my best behaviour.
  • Options
    Currently on my 7th Lemsip of the last 28 hours 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    CAFCsayer said:
    Just shy of 4 days back to back in Vegas… felt so bad at the end of it that I ordered a rehydration and vitamin Intravenous drip to the room as I thought I may actually have been dying
    kids these days. Lightweight
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Yeah easy call this and I've had some monster sessions 

2002 we were flying to Kavos on a red eye the Friday night, me and my mate Paul met up on the Thursday for a couple of quiet pints, kicked on through ending Friday morning, woke up at his place, walked back to mine after a pit stop for Stella and picked my shit up, back into the local for opening and stayed there, carried on, few more at the airport, plane then upon arrival in Kavos kept the part going, I was stopped, dead in my tracks after drinking a second pint of the local delicacy called headfucker. Everyone said, "no matter how good you are at boozing only have one of them" yeah, I had two. My run stopped with me asleep outside the room door face first in what appeared to be blood at first glance but was just vomit stained red from whatever on earth was in the headfuckers, this would have been about 4am on the Sunday 

To think how rough I feel after more than 4 pints now I do not know how I used to manage some of the adventures with booze I went on 
    "Kavos on a red eye".  What is a red eye?

You should write a book, I do like your posts.
    There isn’t a top shelf high enough for any book with Carter’s name on it, I thought I’d seen most things until he showed me his phone content, I still have fecking nightmares! 😉😂