Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentina v France .. Sunday December 18 2022 .. World Cup Final

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Anyone still think it wasn't a pen?
    Yeah Di Maria kicked his leg 

Cant argue with second goal tho, class.
  • Options
    btw goal of the tournament, yes, but prime Lloris comes and gets the penultimate pass
  • Options
    That Argentinian commentator, I hope Terry Smith doesn't get any ideas  :smiley:
  • Options
    Soft. Slight touch and then he tripped himself up.
  • Options
    First time argies got out of first gear this tourney 

Some people know their football onions 
  • Options
    Disappointing final so far, France haven't turned up.
  • Options
    Yeah Di Maria kicked his leg 

Cant argue with second goal tho, class.
    I respectfully suggest you watch it again.
  • Options
    France have a habit of second half resurgence in this tournament hopefully we will get to see it happen, I think a goal from France will rattle the Argies.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Disappointing final so far, France haven't turned up.
    They've turned up but being outplayed in every department by the better team that's about it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Soft. Slight touch and then he tripped himself up.
    Which means that it's a foul and therefore, a penalty.
  • Options
    So similar to 1998, when Brazil were playing like a hungover Sunday League team. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    It's a Messy(i) game ain't it...('er indoors came up with that one)... :D
  • Options
    I don’t think I’ve watched a final where a good team have been so shit
    Trust me, I've seen a fair few...

(debatable if you can consider them good though!)
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    cafctom said:
    Superb goal. That's what makes the diving even more frustrating for me - Argentina are good enough to win this the right way.

France look terrible. I wonder if that virus that's been going round their camp was worse than we've been told. Either that or they've just picked a really bad day to have their one bad game of the tournament.
    Was in the lead up to the Morocco game, was very interesting timing for it to take place. 

5 players missed training on Friday with the illness but no one is talking about it. 
    Go on. What’s the conspiracy? Could do with a laugh. 

When you’re on the same side as Piers Morgan…
  • Options
    Argentina showing that winning back possession in dangerous areas is more effective than just keeping possession for the sake of it 
  • Options
    I wonder if Mc McAllister will take a break after this and not be in team for Wednesday not that his absence is going to affect the team performance.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Argentina want to win this, France just turned up expecting to, usual arrogance...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got visions of Cristiano Ronaldo playing till he's in his 90s now to try and emulate Messi's World Cup win
  • Options
    Got visions of Cristiano Ronaldo playing till he's in his 90s now to try and emulate Messi's World Cup win
    Would be fun watching him trying to shoot with a walker.
  • Options
    I wonder if Mc McAllister will take a break after this and not be in team for Wednesday not that his absence is going to affect the team performance.
    I doubt Brighton will be fielding a strong side anyway, their under 21’s would turn us over
  • Options
    Would be fun watching him trying to shoot with a walker.
    You can watch some of the Portugal highlights from last week… :-)
  • Options
    Nous avons eu une fraaaaaaaaappe
    Nous avons eu une frappe, nous avons eu une frappe
  • Options
    I doubt Brighton will be fielding a strong side anyway, their under 12’s would turn us over
    Corrected that for you.
  • Options
    I doubt Brighton will be fielding a strong side anyway, their under 21’s would turn us over
    Its a perfect "friendly" for them to get some match fitness ahead of the Premier League restarting.

Bet we'll see a fairly strong side for that reason
  • Options
    The one saving grace of Argentina winning is the angst it will cause Ronaldinho.
  • Options
    Dull this, innit?

Shake France just haven't turned up, whether that's because of illness or not.