Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    Where's the replacement for Stockley? Can't just have Bonne and Leaburn, Aneke is out more than he is in?
    Holden said that we had other options

so we are going to play Hector up front
  • Options
    Where's the replacement for Stockley? Can't just have Bonne and Leaburn, Aneke is out more than he is in?
    Holden said that we had other options

so we are going to play Hector up front
    Heard it was Innis up top Payne to cover at CB 
  • Options
    Sambo_1 said:
    Innis, Ness, Hector and I reckon Elwere will take the fourth CB space. Plus Clare can play there in a 3. So not end of the world. Got rid of 3 cbs wages of the books who wernt playing at all and give 2 youngsters a chance. We are not getting in top 6 so dunno what everybody wants. Until ownership is sorted get used to it.
    Inniss track record of injuries is scary plus a red is never far away 

ness has only just come in and cant 100% be relied on for rest of the season every game

hector hasnt played in god knows how long and even reading sheff weds posts on twitter they say hes 4-6 weeks away at least of being fully fit

elewere got found out in the cup last time he properly played so noway can he be expected to come in

clare can do a job but we have seen at times his positioning is not good enough

we need AT LEAST 1 more CB in !! 
  • Options
    Bonne was the replacement I guess.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Holden has had nothing to do with these sales, no manager in his right mind would let seven players and replaced with four two of which are left backs 
    Holden said when he joined that the squad was too big and imbalanced. I think, assuming we get Edwards, we’re a cb light but other than that we look more balanced. 

It’s all slightly irrelevant as we’re not going up and we’re not going down. So signing anyone for longer than the rest of this season when the ownership is so uncertain seems pointless. 

And anyone telling me that it was worth keeping any of the players we’ve got rid  of bar O’Connell isn’t being honest with themselves.
    Holden’s contract is up at the end of the season and there are no guarantees that he will be here for next season. Why would you move out seven players, bring in four and leave yourself light in two. We have brought in another midfielder where we have more than enough, we now have two strikers and three CB’s a twenty year old, one who is an accident waiting to happen and the third hasn’t played football for a year. 
    With Innis reputation we wouldn’t’ be surprised if he got injured or sent in the not to far distant future then we have a 20 year old who playing at Torquay at the start of the season
  • Options
    Calm down chaps and chapesses...

We are just preparing for a different league, the National League!
  • Options
    Lavelle is a loan, what a shambles really. Why on earth can we not just sell Kirk and lavelle ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bournesnr said:
    Got to feel sorry for DH in all this, doubt he’s had much input or he surely wouldn’t have left himself so thin at the back.
    Just my opinion, but he came in not as a successful applicant to a vacancy, but as part of a team brought in with clear short term objectives. He is a good orator who knows what to say to fans, but he’ll be fully onboard with all of this. 
    100%.
    There's been a few quotes from various managers or observers that this team has massively under achieved, not from what i've seen, they are simply not good enough. Whatever you think of the reasons for the clear out, it's not before time, just have a look at the defensive record. Our most consistent players have been Dobson, Sessegnon and Fraser, Saki has just return to form and Innis and Ness have laid their bodies on the line since Holden took over. We can all see Leaburn's potential and the kids coming through are going to be better than the people moved out of the club today, those players needed to go and I'm glad to see the back of them and hopefully Sandgaard. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Golfie to Burton. Loan. 
    Gone for a Burton.

• Options
    Bailey said:
    Bournesnr said:
    Got to feel sorry for DH in all this, doubt he’s had much input or he surely wouldn’t have left himself so thin at the back.
    Just my opinion, but he came in not as a successful applicant to a vacancy, but as part of a team brought in with clear short term objectives. He is a good orator who knows what to say to fans, but he’ll be fully onboard with all of this. 
    100%.
    There's been a few quotes from various managers or observers that this team has massively under achieved, not from what i've seen, they are simply not good enough. Whatever you think of the reasons for the clear out, it's not before time, just have a look at the defensive record. Our most consistent players have been Dobson, Sessegnon and Fraser, Saki has just return to form and Innis and Ness have laid their bodies on the line since Holden took over. We can all see Leaburn's potential and the kids coming through are going to be better than the people moved out of the club today, those players needed to go and I'm glad to see the back of them and hopefully Sandgaard. 
    So you don’t foresee any injuries or suspensions ?
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Holden has had nothing to do with these sales, no manager in his right mind would let seven players and replaced with four two of which are left backs 
    Sorry who's the two left backs ?
    Kane and Penny 

Kane filled in as left back because Sessegnon failed a fitness test.
    We have one bona fide LB in Penney despite Sess being decent at LB.
  • Options
    I reckon Andy Scott is literally sitting there taking any offer he can get on webuyanycentreback.com 
    Brilliant .... haha

• Options
    We surely won’t go with just 3 senior centre backs for the rest of the season (one who has hardly played over the last 2 years).

Someone else will come in. Time for Patrick Bauer to come home.
  • Options
    Lavelle is a loan, what a shambles really. Why on earth can we not just sell Kirk and lavelle ? 
    Because they are shit and the only person that would actually pay for them is the son of our owner? 
  • Options
    Because our owner(s) want to / have to reduce our wage bill and no one is interested in taking their contracts on 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What happened to Aidan O’Brien?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I appreciate what Holden says but the longer it goes on without us signing the more worried I will get. Especially when the sales are happening such as JFC.
    Totally agree. I thought we had learned the lesson of leaving our business until the last minute. Other clubs, Plymouth, Bolton, Barnsley etc seem to be able to sign players, why not us? Beginning to think we have been sold a pup. 
    Woof, woof. 

Woof, woof, woof
  • Options
    In all honesty I don’t think any of the departing players will be missed with the possible exception of OConnell as cover . The better players AMB , JW, Ness, Sess,  Dobson,  Frazer , CBT , JRS and Leaburn  remain and with the new additions the squad will probably be stronger albeit lighter in numbers.
  • Options
    Sorry lads been away for 15 minutes as just been getting ready for bed.

We sold anyone else to Burton in that time?
    Golfie's gone on loan, option to buy...
    I think a change of scene will do him good. He goes missing in defence and has become too predictable in his attacks. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    What happened to Aidan O’Brien?
    Been a long day. Completely forgot about him!
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Bournesnr said:
    100%.
    So you don’t foresee any injuries or suspensions ?
    I do but I still think we can cope, there's nineteen games left, as much as I think the points could be gained to get to the playoffs, it's a long shot but if you have an opportunity to move certain players out, even on loan, take it. The squad is not in a good place with half a dozen players not involved in matchdays and we have enough to cope.  
  • Options

That must be a rhetorical question or you haven't seen them play !
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Sorry who's the two left backs ?
    Kane and Penny 

Kane filled in as left back because Sessegnon failed a fitness test.
    We have one bona fide LB in Penney despite Sess being decent at LB.
    Thought I said that earlier…Kane is also versatile and not a right back