Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bournesnr said:
    Got to feel sorry for DH in all this, doubt he’s had much input or he surely wouldn’t have left himself so thin at the back.
    Just my opinion, but he came in not as a successful applicant to a vacancy, but as part of a team brought in with clear short term objectives. He is a good orator who knows what to say to fans, but he’ll be fully onboard with all of this. 
    100%.
    There's been a few quotes from various managers or observers that this team has massively under achieved, not from what i've seen, they are simply not good enough. Whatever you think of the reasons for the clear out, it's not before time, just have a look at the defensive record. Our most consistent players have been Dobson, Sessegnon and Fraser, Saki has just return to form and Innis and Ness have laid their bodies on the line since Holden took over. We can all see Leaburn's potential and the kids coming through are going to be better than the people moved out of the club today, those players needed to go and I'm glad to see the back of them and hopefully Sandgaard. 
    So you don’t foresee any injuries or suspensions ?
    I do but I still think we can cope, there's nineteen games left, as much as I think the points could be gained to get to the playoffs, it's a long shot but if you have an opportunity to move certain players out, even on loan, take it. The squad is not in a good place with half a dozen players not involved in matchdays and we have enough to cope.  
    Oh come on Thomas are you serious ?
  • Options
    Can we recall loan players or is that down to the contract signed ?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    What happened to Aidan O’Brien?
    Been a long day. Completely forgot about him!
    Heading to Gillingham
  • Options
    In all honesty I don’t think any of the departing players will be missed with the possible exception of OConnell as cover . The better players AMB , JW, Ness, Sess,  Dobson,  Frazer , CBT , JRS and Leaburn  remain and with the new additions the squad will probably be stronger albeit lighter in numbers.
    That seems fair, it just seems that we always seem to leave ourselves short in one position, and now that's CB.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bournesnr said:
    Got to feel sorry for DH in all this, doubt he’s had much input or he surely wouldn’t have left himself so thin at the back.
    Just my opinion, but he came in not as a successful applicant to a vacancy, but as part of a team brought in with clear short term objectives. He is a good orator who knows what to say to fans, but he’ll be fully onboard with all of this. 
    100%.
    There's been a few quotes from various managers or observers that this team has massively under achieved, not from what i've seen, they are simply not good enough. Whatever you think of the reasons for the clear out, it's not before time, just have a look at the defensive record. Our most consistent players have been Dobson, Sessegnon and Fraser, Saki has just return to form and Innis and Ness have laid their bodies on the line since Holden took over. We can all see Leaburn's potential and the kids coming through are going to be better than the people moved out of the club today, those players needed to go and I'm glad to see the back of them and hopefully Sandgaard. 
    I do but I still think we can cope, there's nineteen games left, as much as I think the points could be gained to get to the playoffs, it's a long shot but if you have an opportunity to move certain players out, even on loan, take it. The squad is not in a good place with half a dozen players not involved in matchdays and we have enough to cope.  
    Have you worked out the difference between left and right yet ?
  • Options
    We still have Elewere and Barker
    Lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We still have Elewere and Barker
    Lol
    Mitchell and Berkin (sp?)
  • Options
    Think Mitchell is better than Elerewe, who is better than Barker. 
  • Options
    Isn't Barker on loan at Wealdstone until the end of the season? Seems like he's been completely leapfrogged by Ness and Mitchell 
  • Options
    In all honesty I don’t think any of the departing players will be missed with the possible exception of OConnell as cover . The better players AMB , JW, Ness, Sess,  Dobson,  Frazer , CBT , JRS and Leaburn  remain and with the new additions the squad will probably be stronger albeit lighter in numbers.
    Its not that these players have left its that we have replaced them with loans (which will have to be replaced in the summer) and players on short term contracts (which again will have to be replaced in the summer). To add at least 1 hasn't played all season & we've already got a loaneee injured on his debut. And we still haven't replaced the striker that left last summer.

But if you think that's all ok then crack on.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thought Mitchell way out of his depth? Can’t have him near the first team at the moment, might not have a choice mind.
  • Options
    45 minutes to go, don't look too promising that we might actually get someone IN for a change...
  • Options
    Just checked, we have they option to recall loans if that's what we state in the contract, so moving Lavelle out on loan is the same as McGrandles a good move. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bournesnr said:
    100%.
    Do you know what versatile is ?
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Just checked, we have they option to recall loans if that's what we state in the contract, so moving Lavelle out on loan is the same as McGrandles a good move. 
    Can’t recall outside of a transfer window though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a pot to piss in 
  • Options
    Abandon ship, or good to have a clear out?
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bournesnr said:
    100%.
    Do you know what versatile is ?
    Is he versatile enough to play when injured  ?
  • Options
    Don't worry, Scotland's transfer window closes at midnight, so another hour to sell anyone there too 😀
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Holden has had nothing to do with these sales, no manager in his right mind would let seven players and replaced with four two of which are left backs 
    Sorry who's the two left backs ?
    Kane and Penny 

Kane filled in as left back because Sessegnon failed a fitness test.
    We have one bona fide LB in Penney despite Sess being decent at LB.
    Thought I said that earlier…Kane is also versatile and not a right back
    Kane's main position is right back even if he is versatile.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    You can’t recall
  • Options
    45 mins and counting Where's the striker? Where's the supposed Edwards deal?
  • Options
    Perhaps moving Lavelle out on loan is dependent on another CB incoming in time?

• Options
    robroy said:
    Not a pot to piss in 
    TS has a nice big pot that has plenty in, he is just choosing not to spend it.